• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tinkering] turquoise ssi ring

J

[JD]

Hey all just curious if someone who had made turquoise rings could answer this.

If you fail on making a turquoise ring, does it eat only the ingot and amethyst components, or does it eat turquoise also?

Does your chance to make or chance to make exceptional influence the chances for the 5% SSI to be on the ring or is it totally the RNG?

ty

J

[JD]

dohh what the heck!

at 80 tinkering skill my chance to make one is a whopping 11%. with my best tinker talisman its 35%. i cant imagine by the time I GM it, that these chances will improve drastically. therefore i would guess there is always some chance of failure and losing turquoise? (unlike other items which can become 100% chance to make, 100% exceptional)?

where is the best place to get LOTS of turquoise the easiest?

ive killed SA bosses and you might get one now and then but theres no way to build a large stock easily

thanks

U

UOKaiser

dohh what the heck!

at 80 tinkering skill my chance to make one is a whopping 11%. with my best tinker talisman its 35%. i cant imagine by the time I GM it, that these chances will improve drastically. therefore i would guess there is always some chance of failure and losing turquoise? (unlike other items which can become 100% chance to make, 100% exceptional)?

where is the best place to get LOTS of turquoise the easiest?

ive killed SA bosses and you might get one now and then but theres no way to build a large stock easily

thanks
Use talisman. Also Buy it is the fastest way to get it.

J

[JD]

But where are the people who are selling it getting it?

Is the best way to get it to mine for jewels? I have Mining stoned, I'm just not clear how to obtain these. Thanks

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best place to get Turqoise (aside from buying it) is to mine it up. You have a chance at getting any mining gem (Fire Ruby, Turquoise, Ecru Citrine, etc..) while mining for ingots, stone, or gems. I have not found one to be more favorable than the others.

The people that sell it get it from mining.

Stayin Alive,

BG

J

[JD]

thanks - i read up at gm skill i can get them. i have the +5 gloves too

how often do you get them? its rng based, but if i was to go for an hour, what could i expect? whats your best haul and worst?

thanks

U

UOKaiser

thanks - i read up at gm skill i can get them. i have the +5 gloves too

how often do you get them? its rng based, but if i was to go for an hour, what could i expect? whats your best haul and worst?

thanks
It's random and takes a while to get the one you want. You might be able to get 10 of them in a day seesion on minig or just 5. You at least be able to sell the others you get to buy more turq. I assure you will need them.
5ssi is a rare property so after crafting it you might not even have 5ssi on it.
Worst yet you get 5ssi and will not fit your suit the way you wanted cause it has another useless propety in it. It's challenging to try to get that 5ssi with nothing else.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's 50% success rate at GM. I tried out a few with the 33 turquoise I had at home. Got two junk rings, two fails, and on the last attempt got an exceptional ring with +3 strength , +5 ssi

This was with a 21/18 talisman. I take it these things can be imbued? I've never bothered much with them before.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yes they can be imbued.

O

Old Man of UO

At GM Tinkering, I get the "rare" properties using a 20/20 talisman about 1 in 10 tries, but there is no guarantee. That's 100 gems - on average. I mined for the first few, then when out and bought 100 gems for 1 mil. It sounds like a lot until you actually mine them for yourself.

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They can also be obtained from the one quest that asks for the untranslated tomes, renowneds in the abyss and the vet reward mining cart.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's 50% success rate at GM. I tried out a few with the 33 turquoise I had at home. Got two junk rings, two fails, and on the last attempt got an exceptional ring with +3 strength , +5 ssi

This was with a 21/18 talisman. I take it these things can be imbued? I've never bothered much with them before.
One with just +3 str and +5ssi? Thats a brauty, those fly off my vendor for 25 mill fast. Gratz

Thunderz

U

UOKaiser

So far these rings, enhanced luck to reach maximum, and 100% elemental weapons are i beleive the last bastions of hope for us crafters that I know of in the light of the imbuing age.

Malek234

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually go through about 500 and get about 4 with ssi and maybe 2 usable ones (I sell them in luna) so the odds are against you. So get a good tally and alot of gold to buy turquoise.

J

[JD]

i dont have an overall decent tally, i think its like 20/20 or something but i'd like one much better like 28/28 or 29/29-ish...

my shard is the "hoarder" shard so nobody puts anything for sale. what is the best source to get really good talismans?

im training the far eye heartwood quest now but i have yet to get any talisman better than what i already have.

i also saved about 100 turquoise.

ty