• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

turning to boards chance to fail?

G

Is there a formula for % to suceed in making boards out of logs? Based on the color wood/ carpentry skill etc.

G

as long as your carpenter can use the wood, you have no chance of failing when converting logs to boards. the only positive to converting is that boards weight less than logs.

Yes this is different than smelting ore with a miner. Why? Because different people coded the colored woods than those that worked on colored ore.

G

So does your 20% JOAT skill give you enough points for you to do it? I'll have to try that tonight, my lumberjack doesn't have the points for carpentry and I dont think I've even tried it out :/

G

nope,

just like mining you have to have enough skill in carpentry to convert the logs to boards.

Wood Plain - anyone even with zero skill or JOAT can convert to normal boards
Oak Wood - Skill Required: 65
Ash Wood - Skill Required: 80
Yew Wood - Skill Required: 95
Heartwood Wood - Skill Required: 100
Bloodwood Wood - Skill Required: 100
Frostwood Wood - Skill Required: 100