• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Turning in bods

H

Hariss

I have been reading the forums about blacksmith bods. I am just wondering if it is a better strategy to saved filled sbods until I have a high blacksmith skill level? Would I have a better chance of exchanging for a worthwhile bod at that time or is it not worth holding them for all that time? Thanks.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

at first you should now one thing:

if you claim a bod, you normaly have to wait 6 hours (7), to get another one.
But if you turn in a filled bod, you can instant claim a new one, without waiting for the 6 hours.
when you turn in bods, you recheive gold, fame and an item.
the items are quite good for starters, because you get pickaxes and shovels with 200 uses around, or miningglooves, which increase your miningskill.

here on stratics is a complete section about bods, here sis the link.
http://uo.stratics.com/content/basics/bulk_orders.shtml

if you around 60 blacksmith and own a bodbook, which costs you around 200-500 gold from playervendors, you should fill the bods and save them.
when you hit 70.1% blacksmith you have chances to claim colored bods, which are more worth than iron ones.
AND you can get LARGE-bods which you fill with the needed small ones.

here is a small program, which show you which bod gave you which reward.
http://uo.stratics.com/bod/BODs.shtml

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thiefy, there is much more up to date BOD info in the new smith FAQ (which is planned to be revised into the new sections on Stratics, along with other info, eventually)

Starting at 100.0 Skill, 60% of the BODs will be exceptional, 40% will be normal (was even chances of either below 100)

at 109.9 and lower skill, BODs will be 50% Weapons (all iron), 25% Iron Armor, 25% Colored Armor.

at 110.0 to 119.9 this becomes 50% Weapons, 15% Iron Armor, 35% colored armor.

at 120 skill, this becomes 50% Weapons, 5% Iron armor, 45% colored armor.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've commented to a Dev last year in Columbus that they should restructure the BOD system for smiths to put the 11 non-combinable armor smalls over on the weapons side of the decision tree, then make the iron/color check always go to those 11 non-combinable types if colored is hit on the weapon side.

That way, it would almost double the number of combinable armor BODs that drop, reduce weapons and Iron non-combinables from 62% (50%, plus a little under half of the iron irmor drops) to about 25% of the drops, and make the non-combinables seem more of a bonus than a punishment (after all, at least you can fill and turn in the iron BODs rather quickly for a new BOD - filling non-combinables can be EXPENSIVE)

Combined with the current system for reducing iron BODs at high skill, this would have many benefits, but only one drawback - it would cause POF prices to plummet to near-nothing.

A

Alrich

Out of my last batch of 330+, I had

about 100 normal weapon/iron helmet/buckler
bout 90 exceptional weapon
less then 80 combinable armor (including iron, except for normal plate helm)
about 60 non combinable
and 4 weapon larges (dont bother filling them)

iron helms and bucklers get sorted with norm weps because cheaper to buy them from NPC then use ingots

But basara that sounds like an awesome idea, maybe we'll get a revamp by like, pub 60? :coco:

edit: let POF prices fall.. and then do a global change and change them all to 1 use each.

Or give all the crap bods a chance to give ingots as reward similar to tailoring cloth. WOuld be happy with that! very happy lol