• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Turn In Tweaking... More Items

• Thread starter RavenWinterHawk
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

RavenWinterHawk

Re: Publish 53 Reward feedback
« Reply #18 on: Today at 08:01:17 AM » Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love that the obisid and chaos are worth 25k. BUT DEVS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.....

"Morning coffee is on me." "Let me pour you a cup or two." "Hazelnut sure." "Espresso. Of course." Double shot?"

The turn ins is a great idea.
I have 20 plus obsid and chaos items well over 500,000 points in just thoose. I can get several every day. Woohoo. Toot my horn. Who cares. But there lies the flaw.

The problem is I can effectively buy just about every item on there (the turn in list) by collecting 25K point items that are actively spawning. I really wont have to turn in much. Why would I bother with 50 point items? Or 100 point items? Im not really decreasing items in game. Im adding. 2 obsid blades. 10 virtue tiles.

Please Please Please take my advice.

1. Dont change the point values of items to trade in focus on the number of items to get for trade ins.
2. Add more items to the turn in list. You need a huge variety of items to select from. What you have is great. Its just not enough. The goal has to be to turn in items and have LOW AND HIGH END items to trade for.

"Sure more coffee." "Let me fill that for you."

2. (cont.) You have shirts with sayings. Please expand that to several more clothing items. Hats would be cool. Create a few bottles of wine with some saying on it. A nice random color would be cool. Now add in this... personalized mugs and plateware. I have to buy them for 5k a mug and my characture name gets put on it. Lots off stuff like that. And im some cool gem stones that glow 10k. Maybe a ship deed for 500k where the ship is toned in shadow ore colors.

How about this for 20k in points you can get a cloak with your guild initials? More stuff.

3. Unless you are planning a phase three of items (secretly) that will simply overwhelm us... You dont have enough items to trade for to reduce the number of items in game. Its not worth me hauling 50 point items to the trade ins when I can effectively turn in single items for lots of points.

"What?"

I know you run the balance between players never being happy and (yes) well never being happy. But that shouldnt stop you from a final tweak. The turns ins should be designed that you cant possibly get every item. You can listen to a handful of players that say "I cant get 500k in points for that shadow ore ship deed". So what.

Anyway. I like the items. Im just saying dont get caught in what items are this value or that value. Value them but make sure they are a billion trade possibilities. The goal is to reduce items, give players something to do, and WE have to choose what we want from a list where we could not possibly get everything.

This is not about fairness between the cheaters, the scripters, the fair players, the wealthy, the poor, the vet, the new players, the informed, the idiot.... Its about turning in items. You made a mix of fair point values. Everyone can get them (STILL). Dont DUMB DOWN the turn in list so everyone can get one of each item. PLEASE add to the list of turn ins. Its a game of choice. Not everyone must get everything. CHOICE. CHOICE. CHOICE.

"argh Im yelling." "no more espresso for me."

Thanks.

C

Connor_Graham

Re: Publish 53 Reward feedback
« Reply #18 on: Today at 08:01:17 AM » Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love that the obisid and chaos are worth 25k. BUT DEVS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.....

"Morning coffee is on me." "Let me pour you a cup or two." "Hazelnut sure." "Espresso. Of course." Double shot?"

The turn ins is a great idea.
I have 20 plus obsid and chaos items well over 500,000 points in just thoose. I can get several every day. Woohoo. Toot my horn. Who cares. But there lies the flaw.

The problem is I can effectively buy just about every item on there (the turn in list) by collecting 25K point items that are actively spawning. I really wont have to turn in much. Why would I bother with 50 point items? Or 100 point items? Im not really decreasing items in game. Im adding. 2 obsid blades. 10 virtue tiles.

Please Please Please take my advice.

1. Dont change the point values of items to trade in focus on the number of items to get for trade ins.
2. Add more items to the turn in list. You need a huge variety of items to select from. What you have is great. Its just not enough. The goal has to be to turn in items and have LOW AND HIGH END items to trade for.

"Sure more coffee." "Let me fill that for you."

2. (cont.) You have shirts with sayings. Please expand that to several more clothing items. Hats would be cool. Create a few bottles of wine with some saying on it. A nice random color would be cool. Now add in this... personalized mugs and plateware. I have to buy them for 5k a mug and my characture name gets put on it. Lots off stuff like that. And im some cool gem stones that glow 10k. Maybe a ship deed for 500k where the ship is toned in shadow ore colors.

How about this for 20k in points you can get a cloak with your guild initials? More stuff.

3. Unless you are planning a phase three of items (secretly) that will simply overwhelm us... You dont have enough items to trade for to reduce the number of items in game. Its not worth me hauling 50 point items to the trade ins when I can effectively turn in single items for lots of points.

"What?"

I know you run the balance between players never being happy and (yes) well never being happy. But that shouldnt stop you from a final tweak. The turns ins should be designed that you cant possibly get every item. You can listen to a handful of players that say "I cant get 500k in points for that shadow ore ship deed". So what.

Anyway. I like the items. Im just saying dont get caught in what items are this value or that value. Value them but make sure they are a billion trade possibilities. The goal is to reduce items, give players something to do, and WE have to choose what we want from a list where we could not possibly get everything.

This is not about fairness between the cheaters, the scripters, the fair players, the wealthy, the poor, the vet, the new players, the informed, the idiot.... Its about turning in items. You made a mix of fair point values. Everyone can get them (STILL). Dont DUMB DOWN the turn in list so everyone can get one of each item. PLEASE add to the list of turn ins. Its a game of choice. Not everyone must get everything. CHOICE. CHOICE. CHOICE.

"argh Im yelling." "no more espresso for me."

Thanks.
You've been reading too many of Fayled posts...:lick:

I agree though. Not everyone has to get everything. There should be high end rewards that some people simply just won't be able to get because they either didn't participate enough in the event or "packrat" enough stuff over the years.

S

SilentFoxXy

I must admit I do think 25,000 is a bit much, but, if the desired effect was to induce more folk to revisit/visit the invasion sites, then , as a plan, it has worked, with every location now milling with folk, and , for a nice change, helping each other.

I spent a good few hours today in the invasion zones, hard fighting, dying a lot, and managed to snare 5 of each item.

Personally, 6 shields/ 6 swords for a set of uber jewels is about right, But 24 for a full Knights armor set kinda devalues the set.

Some items should be ludicrous prices, but then they would be the more valuable, more respected, and more looked after items.

Im all for 100,000 point items, but maybe a 10 million item, and a 5 mill item, something to drag the clean up in line with current community collections.

I would humbly proffer- :
Personal Bless deed, 5 million Points.
Named Shield and Coat Of Arms - 10 Million....

Lets face it this is titled 'Spring Cleaning', a method of reducing server stress, removing probably 20% of items held.

The swords and shields, are NEW, and whilst a struggle to get for a mage,necro, hell even a pally solo, for a tamer with a greater they are fodder.

Surely 'Spring Cleaning ' is to get rid of rubbish, like jewelery, crap weapons from loot, old loot armor, and to get rid of LOTS, and in return have like 1 for 100 ratio.

Most of the rewards are superb, and do the job of clearing up the rubbish, but maybe to involve brand new shinees was a step a little too far.

That said, Now there is reason and method to fighting for our shard, and, maybe, spring clean is also about cleaning up monsters that are infesting our world:)

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone posted in another thread that Japanese website already posted correction on the points for shield and swords to be 2500 points per.

Kind of funny that the home office is somewhat behind on updating the information.

S

SilentFoxXy

Someone posted in another thread that Japanese website already posted correction on the points for shield and swords to be 2500 points per.

Kind of funny that the home office is somewhat behind on updating the information.
http://ultimaonline.jp/news.phtml?id=88745

Wish they would make up thier minds, now it seems they put the Cove /Serp/Nuj defending back on hold....

Ah well, back to Doom

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Consider that In Japan it is currently about a quarter till 1 AM THURSDAY MORNING, when here it is too early Wed. Morning for the devs to be in at work yet.

S

SilentFoxXy

Would be good if the devs considered the impact the few hours of 25,000 thinking had on the event. What was dead and stale was suddenly awakened again.

Guess for that reason it was worth it, but now a shame to say (see) that folk will go back to Doom and leave the nasties to their own wiles in our cities.

Maybe a drop system such as Beserker Schythes, only one per, and random, not just highest damaging Greater dragon, instead of 1 to each top 3 damagers would make it ...fairer??/ harder??

Its 2 pm here, lovely and sunny...:) Poor ol USA still wiping the sleep away ;)

H

Hanna

LoL, yeah you know why they made them worth so much more then item that are harder to get. They are trying to get people to actually play the event.

It's a joke, that a tamer or bard, maybe a soupped up archer can get 300k poiints in just a few hours and fairly consistently.

H

Hanna

10k for a stealable artifact 11 that spawn only once a month (4 different ones)
25k for a stealable artifact that spawns 1 every 4 months

Yet, 25k for Vangaurd items that someone with the right template can get several an hour.

Quite the joke.

Makes me glad I quit.

M

mmmbeer

NO they arent trying to get you to play the event more....

the 25k points for vanguard items was a DAMN TYPO

F

Fayled Dhreams

10k for a stealable artifact 11 that spawn only once a month (4 different ones)
25k for a stealable artifact that spawns 1 every 4 months

Yet, 25k for Vangaurd items that someone with the right template can get several an hour.

Quite the joke.

Makes me glad I quit.

heh!
burn !

H

Hanna

Well, very glad to here that, but they posted that 6 minutes after my post. But it did add one to your post count :cheerleader:.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We should be able to turn in crap jewlery for 10-100 points per pop depending on the intenstive of mods :p