• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Turkey Day Story!

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Since there was not any "story-line" this Thanksgiving for the giant turkey invasion, I thought it may be fun for us to create our own, thru a torch passing story.

Everyone who participates seriously (keeps with the story-line) will recieve a Fluffy Token in game, after RL festivities are done. Please add no more than two paragraphs.

I will start.

Alchemical Accidents
by Legends

For months now the food stores had been dwindling, now Queen Zhah knew there was only a few weeks supply left. The refugees had put quite a strain on the Royal City's reserves.

Seated on her throne, barely controlling her rage, she growls, "Summon the court Alchemist!"

Her Royal guards hastily retreat from the room in search of Vasabort the Alchemist.

L

Lord Urza

Alchemical Accidents
by Legends

For months now the food stores had been dwindling, now Queen Zhah knew there was only a few weeks supply left. The refugees had put quite a strain on the Royal City's reserves.

Seated on her throne, barely controlling her rage, she growls, "Summon the court Alchemist!"

Her Royal guards hastily retreat from the room in search of Vasabort the Alchemist.
In no time he stood before her Buwatu an elder alchemist, His horns cracked and yellow from old age, dulled from many hard faught fights.

She cleared her throad and explained to him the problem at hand.

Calmly he listened, nodding his head knowingly. "Ah yes my queen I understand the issue and will do my best to remedy it"

Buwatu retired to his laboratory, contemplating a solution, then like a lightingbolt flashed above his head, he had an idea....it just might work.

Buwatu began mixxing his reagents.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Buwatu worked alone in his small laboratory, as he had always done, being elderly and very content in his ways. Meanwhile, Vasabort, who had delayed his response to Queen Zhah's request in favor of a pedicure, was told by the Astinol the Guard that the older alchemist was already working on the problem of the food supply.

Infuriated, and afraid that Buwatu would gain favor with the Queen, Vasabort stormed to his very private lab in the dark recesses of the castle basement. "If it's food they need, then by the ghods, I shall provide it!" he shouted to the black walls.

Rumil of Lorain

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vasabort worked thru the evening concocting several vials of foul smelling liquids
* a knock at the door distubs Vasabort as he turns his elbow taps one of the vials and it tips over unto his half eaten lunch*
Pardon me M'Lord * the maid said*
I came to see if you had finished your lunch and that the Queen has requested for you to join her at dinner this evening,
also that the cook wanted to apologize as he had forgotten to boil your eggs he was in such a tizzy as the Queen was having guest's for dinner.
and do you wish for me to remove your lunch platter.

No no *Vasabort said* leave it and go draw me a bath and be quick about it I am starving
*as he storms out fuming about not finding an answer to the food problem*.
Two dark eyes watch as he leaves and then looks to the lunch platter for he had been hiding in here all day
*the thief chuckled to himself from the darkest corner, you shall be the first course old man*
He had been watching Vasabort for several weeks waiting for his chance to steal something valuable and it seems tonight was the night.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The sly theif slowly emerges from his hiding spot looking hungrily at the plate.
thinks to himself as he grabs the turkey sandwich "Might not find finer food for awhile."
Little did he notice the odd smell coming from the sandwich. After devouring the sandwich Phillipe Gaston begins to survey the room for anything he could lift and sell. Phillipe know it better be good cause Sliem the fence is getting fed up with the crap he kept bringing to him. As he begins to move around the room smelling the various potions and regants, Phillipe starts to feel odd.
"oh no that sandwich wasn't bad was it." muttering to himself.
Phillipe grabs his stomach, falls to the floor and beings to writhe in pain. The creaking of the door startles what was once the theif. He tries to stealth back into the shadows but with no avail.

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Standing in the doorway Vasabort is paralyzed with fear at the abhorent monstrosity before him. He is simpy aghast with the sight of fingers, snapping and stretching into feathers and and a man's nose being stretched into a hardened shell, petruding out into a cone shape. Phillipe, writhed in pain and tried to scream out in help but the only sound he could make was a gutteral, shrill, squawk.
"Impossible!" Vasabort screamed out in a mixture of fear and amazement. "This is not at all what I had in mind..." And yet, in his sick, twisted thoughts, he knew that maybe, just maybe this was the perfect revenge he sought after. He quickly devised a plan that would destroy Buwatu's reputation forever. "The Queen will finally see how wrong she was to make Buwatu head alchemist, and how perfect I am for the job!"
But first, Vasabort had to control the monstrosity before him. For as he daydreamed of his successes to come, he failed to realize the deranged, hungry, fowl which stood before him.... staring him down.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Well since no one else seems to want to participate, everyone who has already may add another 2 paragraphs. For another token of course.