• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tsunami

• Thread starter CitizenKane2
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

CitizenKane2

I find it a bit strange that there isn't a Tsunami thread in this forum, given that it is Asia which was hit by the Tsunami tradegy.

As some of you may know, there is a UO initiative by CrazyJoe (among others) to collect UO gold and sell it for real life cash, for donations to the Tsunami victims. See HERE and HERE.

EA itself is also donating monies to the Tsunami relief efforts - see HERE.

There are quite a few relief effort initiatives in Singapore for the Tsunami relief efforts, which include the Singapore Red Cross.

H

heinrich_in_aska

As for Japan, I can point out two main reasons for it.
It's very difficult to sell UO GP for Real money in Japan. We have eBay-like auction sites, but people don't trade UO GP there. This kind of trade is done not on open(=official) web sites but on individual web sites.
At second, we don't have UOSS in Japan. We can trust Crazy Joe for an responsible member of UOSS. But without UOSS, no one could regard me , for example, as responsible.
Japanese players don't see UOSS in general.
It's difficult, it seems me fast impossible in Japan.
At most, we Japanese can only help Crazy Joe a little.

H

HeavenHeal87

CK, you are a UOSS rep aren't you? Is there anyway you could organize something we could donate to?

C

CitizenKane2

Point of clarification.

I'm no UOSS rep. I'm ...like a free floating butterfly trying to spread some beauty to the world /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/spin.gif

I'm afraid that I don't really know how to run something like what CrazyJoe has done on the US/European shards - especially since I have no experience with Ebay (let alone with Ebay and UO golds).