• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TSO Memories

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have created a group on Flickr, a photo sharing site. I would like to see as many screenshots as possible from our community posted there so that we always have a place to go to remember our beloved game. Anyone can join the group. TSO Memories

I only posted one so far, but I have more and will be adding them as I have time. I think you'll all find the site very easy to use, you can join with your Yahoo ID.

If you want to help out with monitoring or admin duties in the group let me know.

M

Monkeybear

Great idea, ive joined!

Ill upload some tomorrow its a bit late here

Edit - Ive started uploading some.

I lost most of my earlier TSO screenshots thought :(

C

Claudia MacCloud

As soon as i get my back up disks from my dead laptop, I'll upload some of the pics i have ... Ive been takin some pics for the past 3 months.... Do you want alot or just a few ?

C

Claudia MacCloud

ok, I'll do my best .... I'll go through this laptop tomorrow and see what i can get for ya ....

And i should be getting the disks very soon ... :::i hope:::: and i'll send them over too....

C

Caesar

Hey Gang,
I have created a similar site, for TSO/EAL memories. Feel free to join. I have some big plans for the site and could use some encouragement.

Stop on by,
eal.mazumacreations.com

C

CanIhaveYourStuf

Here's a video. Technically it's not TSO. So call your rule lawyer about dis post lolz It's Sims2. But the sprit is the same. Sense of loss. Sad song. But happy memories too. So maybe it will help folks. Never thought I'd get emotional over a game. To paraphrase the song, thanks for sharing your blocks with me over these last five years...

don't know if codes work in temp mode, don't fee...abor Day Weekend All-Green-With-Envy event...

C

Caesar

Here's a video. Technically it's not TSO. So call your rule lawyer about dis post lolz It's Sims2. But the sprit is the same. Sense of loss. Sad song. But happy memories too. So maybe it will help folks. Never thought I'd get emotional over a game. To paraphrase the song, thanks for sharing your blocks with me over these last five years...

don't know if codes work in temp mode, don't fee...e name, go figure. Sweet song. I like it :D

C

CanIhaveYourStuf

I have a feeling I know who you are...but I can't think of the name, go figure.

Sweet song. I like it :D

well u have 2 guess and guess correctly and u only get one try so u lost. The penalty is your sims gets deleted early and you can't play on Aug 1st. Consder this your 90-minute notice.

C

Cherri Bear

I added a couple. :)

The one photo at Spindigo's house was given to me by good friend, Matt C.

Thankies Matt!! That photo was taken when the cannons first came out. We all rushed to Spindigo's to see the awesome item.

Heheh, cannons and carnivines are still my favorite TSO item.

K

Katheryne

Guess who I am, win a can o' Spam (tm): Successfully determine which prolific Stratics poster I am, and I'll give you thirty billion simoleans in the game during the Labor Day Weekend All-Green-With-Envy event...
Hi, Donavan.

X

x532

I wish I could get all my pics from my dead comp. :-( I have some great ones from the beta. Does anybody out there remember the naked bug? LOL Oh man, that bug was awsome. There's nothing like naked sim rodeo bull riding to make you roflol :lol:

S

SnowAngel

I've been on a TSO (or I guess now it's called EAL) break for about 7 months now, and coming back I was expecting to see just about anything but this. Sorry to see it end. I have added a few pictures I was able to dig up from my files. All my pictures are from either AV or TC3. If I find more I will add them. :(

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww sorry you came back to such bad news Angel. Thanks for posting pics for us! :)

C

cathytamar

I added some piccy's too! That was fun! Reminiscing... *sigh*

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Added a few from my Photobucket, I have more on my PC I'll add then..:)

C

CanIhaveYourStuf

Hi, Donavan.
WRONG ANSWER!

Penalty: Your sims get deleted BEFORE Aug 1st.

That's right -- ALL OF 'EM. Even the ones from offline Sims. :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

Why didn't you just cheat and look up my email address like Trish did, or don't mods have any power anymore now that Stratics is in Dos mode?

:popcorn:Enjoying the show,:popcorn:

You-Know-Who (oh wait...you lost...so You-DON'T-Know-Who)

P.S. (and this time it's on-topic) Workin' on a movie for the final days of TSO...hardest movie to make I've done to date...

K

Katheryne

Penalty: Your sims get deleted BEFORE Aug 1st.
Meh. Too late for that.

That's right -- ALL OF 'EM. Even the ones from offline Sims. :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:
O snap!

Why didn't you just cheat and look up my email address like Trish did, or don't mods have any power anymore now that Stratics is in Dos mode?
I could have, but I like doing things the old-fashioned way.

You-Know-Who (oh wait...you lost...so You-DON'T-Know-Who)
Even though I swear you sound just like Donavan, I'll go with my second guess, O Billy-with-the-insectlike-cranium.

*runs and hides*

C

CanIhaveYourStuf

If you want to help out with monitoring or admin duties in the group let me know.
Badges? We don' need no stinkin' badges! ;-)

Anyhow, I have a bunch of pix but haven't gotten around to figuring out Flickr. (which I'm glad they don't call it Flicker with an e, as that just reminds me of an obnoxious message poster I knew years ago who's screen name revolved around picking his nose).

But in the mean time, I do have movie I made over on YouTube:

TSO: The Story's Over

Evil Arts lets hardcore gamers loose on The Avatars Online! Who will survive the slaughter? It’s the End Of The World!

Spoofs of:
- The Sims Online, Second Life & There
- World of Warcraft & Guild Wars
- City of Heroes & City of Villians

Scream in horror as you see:
- Cheerleaders blown away!
- Apey gets beat up!
- AJ busts some ‘bots!

Find out:
- What’s Sahara/Parizad doing now that TSO is over?
- Whatever happened to Janitor Roy?
- Is Extreme Tickle too kinky for other games?

Be sure to stick around for the outakes: Will YOUR sim make a cameo?

Disclaimer
========
This film is a parody/work of fiction/commentary on the gaming industry. Any similarities between this film and actual persons, companies, or events is coincidental and/or satire protected under the fair use guidlines, Falwell vs. Flint, etcetera.

The author harbor's no ill feelings towards the game company parodied, it's sound business decision to pull the plug on a dying game, or any of the various "PVP versus Roleplayer" segments of the greater gaming community. On the contrary, the author would like to thank said company for close to six years of a really fun game that helped him and many others explore new avenues of creativity.

This non-commercial derivative work is in full compliance with the terms of service of the various games from which images were taken, and no claim of ownership of the graphics of these games is made: Guild Wars, City of Heroes, The Movies Game, Second Life.

Public Domain clips (from the Prelinger Archive)
===================================
Evil Arts Board Room from a Natural Gas documentary called "These Are My People"
Mushroom Cloud from US.Navy footage of the Bikini Island Nuclear Tests

Songs
=====
All songs are either from The Movies or licensed under Creative Commons 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/)

The Movies Game songs: A Beauty Like No Other, Stalker

Prelinger Archive song: "Apokalupsis" from Thrashmental 1 by METVSE Project with Masa Eto

Kevin McCleod songs (http://incompetech.com/): Blue Scorpion, Sovereign Quarter

Editting Etc.
=========
Voice acting provided by: The Avatar Formerly Known As Sim
Sound Effects: SNAP! 2000 Sound Effects (Clip-art CD)
Additional audio mixing done with NCH Wavepad (shareware)
Screen capture software used: AVI Screen Classic (freeware)
Video editing software used: Windows Movie Maker

Dedicated to the memory of those avatars who perished in the Final Wipe of 2008 or previous tragedies. The game is gone, but the community lives on…

If you liked this video, please be sure to check out my channel, SUBCRIBE, leave a comment, and rate it.

DESPITE THE GRAPHIC VIOLENCE PORTRAYED IN THIS MOVIE, NO PHOTONIC LIFEFORMS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS FILM. Well, exccept maybe Apey. Damn monkey wouldn’t stop saying “EEE EEE AHHH AHHH!”, so he had it coming to him…
=========================================================
The story is an allegory for the gaming industry and it’s customers in general, and a parody of the various demographic groups that comprise the gaming community, as well as a spoof of certain message forums vis-à-vis various online games being taken offline. None of the photonic life forms appearing in this film are employees or products of Evil Arts, or any other company with similar initials, but are instead actors from the local theatre troupe known as “We Ain’t No Sims”, and are comprised of avatars from a variety of games (Guild Wars, City of Heroes, The Movies Game) who’s Terms of Service do not preclude the use of screen-captures and such for derivative works.
=========================================================

T

TheCookieFamily

This is the part where I regret not taking pictures

C

CanIhaveYourStuf

OK< I did it: 52 pix.

wow, this was easier to upload than I thought, found lots of old stuff on my hard drive, including pictures of sims from people who died in real life...and a flag for the FedSpace neighborhood in Calvin's Creek...

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woohoo!! More pics! Keep em comin folks, someday we'll be so glad we did this. :)

C

CanIhaveYourStuf

Awesome video, Billy! :)

Thanks, glad you liked it. Forgot to mention you. Sorry. Forgot to mention a few other folks, too. Like MarcIn2006, as I couldn't remember if it was 2006, 2008, or what -- One of the few folks I was a roomie to (remember the "girl" who helped you with the bowling alley?) Plus it was already getting long.

It was actually one of the hardest movies I've made, trying to get all these ideas in one film, finding music for it, but most of all the emotional rollercoaster of being sad about the game ending but then laughing at the spoofs. Took well over a month to get this one out.

Stuff I wanted to put in, but didn't, due to copyright stuff etecera:
(but hey, what's to stop folks from googling YouTube for songs to listen to while browsing through NikiKing's Flickr group pix?)

Stuff from the actual game, in black and white, with Streisand's "Memories/The Way We Were" playing...and/or The Beatles' "Yesterday". Anyone else got any songs that would make ya go emo over TSO? (I really did listen to The Way We Were while looking at the pictures. OMG, how that song fits... )

Parizad & Luc figure out a way to let folks give out friendship balloons on the last day, but then EA literally stomps on the idea with a cut to the final scene from The Red Balloon I saw that film in the Governmental Conditioning Center (i.e.: public school), and the only thing that upset me more than the ending was all the farktards in my class cheering for the bullies and laughing when the balloon "died". Wish I'd known words like "philistines", "noobs", or even "farktards" back then. But yeah, I think EA's new logo should be a close-up of some corporate dude's three-piece-suit pants-leg and expensive Gucci shoe, stomping on a red balloon. Think about it...

A video for that Blowin' In The Sims song I wrote all those years ago.

OK, I'm getting verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves...

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was so awesome Billy, you totally rock. Sure hope I see you in other worlds, but I'm really gonna miss your posts.

M

MARCIN2006

Thanks, glad you liked it. Forgot to mention you. Sorry. Forgot to mention a few other folks, too. Like MarcIn2006, as I couldn't remember if it was 2006, 2008, or what -- One of the few folks I was a roomie to (remember the "girl" who helped you with the bowling alley?) Plus it was already getting long.
Lol I remember the bowling alley :D. It was sad that I was so extremely busy in RL to keep it running plus we had like no visitors lol. It was fun tho and I remember you! How have you been?

C

CanIhaveYourStuf

Lol I remember the bowling alley :D. It was sad that I was so extremely busy in RL to keep it running plus we had like no visitors lol. It was fun tho and I remember you! How have you been?
That was a fun lot, too bad it didn't catch on. Maybe you could do it in Second Life...

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant begin to tell you all how wonderful it is to watch the slideshow and see so many beloved faces. Please everyone take as many pictures as possible in these final days and post them. Your contributions are invauable to all of us. If you havent watched them yet please do so. :)

K

KChan

Unfortunately a lot of my pictures are lost from my computer but they remain in my photobucket. Not easy to transfer over but maybe I'll get on that somday. In the meantime some people might find these rememberable.

The Jolly Pines Ball 2006

Inter-Hooligan High Prom 2005

C

caroleatdesigns

No pics from me :(. But I luv you all. Hope everybody comes to the party tonight. I am so very, very sad. Dear devs, thanks for all your efforts. Dear community, I hope we can all stay close after all of this. My email is [email protected].

Be safe, be a friend, remember always:

Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a dream and
Today is a Present.

Cherish them all.

HugZ,

Carole Anne, JKG Sims, Brianna Nicole, Grammy Bearhugs, Lisa Markets, and all my other Sims.