• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

trying to make 150 luck items

JustMe

Adventurer
Newbi crafter question... ok so I am trying to make a 150 luck pair of leather gloves. I make the exceptional item and go next to a soul forge and double click a horned runic kit. I know that the forum says "150 Luck leather: Horned kit + NOT powerful + Fortune" but there is no option for fortune and nothing for Not powerful? what am I missing

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not Powerful means DON'T CHECK the box for "Powerful Reforging".

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe what the op is asking is: how do you select "fortune". Using a horned kit to reforge without checking any of the boxes you don't get to chose a name.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Newbi crafter question... ok so I am trying to make a 150 luck pair of leather gloves. I make the exceptional item and go next to a soul forge and double click a horned runic kit. I know that the forum says "150 Luck leather: Horned kit + NOT powerful + Fortune" but there is no option for fortune and nothing for Not powerful? what am I missing
since noone else was answering your question I got myself a horned kit and saw for myself. In order to chose a name you have to click Grand Artifice and Inspired Artifice. Then you can chose the name and reforge. Hope this helps

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and here is what that site says about 150 luck items:

150 Luck

Reforging menu selection: powerful + fortune for metal and wood

not exactly helpful since a) it doesn't state what runic to use and b) according to the info on stratics you do NOT want to select powerful. I can confirm that not chosing powerful works to reforge for clean 150 luck items.
If you're going to quote, quote the whole damn thing, not just a tiny bit of it. To not do so is to insult the players who were credited on the page with providing the information. I think those players, Arroth_Thaiel, Khan, PlayerSkillFTW and WornOutYourTool deserve an apology from you

150 Luck

Smith Armor
Hammer – Copper/Bronze
Enhance with gold

Wooden Shield
Dovetail Saw – Ash
Enhance with Bloodwood

Reforging menu selection: fortune alone. NOT powerful

Tailor Armor
Sewing Kit – Horned
Enhance with Spined Leather.

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you're going to quote, quote the whole damn thing, not just a tiny bit of it. To not do so is to insult the players who were credited on the page with providing the information. I think those players, Arroth_Thaiel, Khan, PlayerSkillFTW and WornOutYourTool deserve an apology from you

150 Luck

Smith Armor
Hammer – Copper/Bronze
Enhance with gold

Wooden Shield
Dovetail Saw – Ash
Enhance with Bloodwood

Reforging menu selection: fortune alone. NOT powerful

Tailor Armor
Sewing Kit – Horned
Enhance with Spined Leather.
I see the runics specified now, must have thought they were for something else. However, point b) is still valid. Conflicting information that will confuse players.
You seem to have taken me pointing that out personally, at least that's how I understand you demanding an excuse to the players who provided the info. I never attacked anyone personally, so not sure what I should apologize for.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do you make 190 luck items

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I see the runics specified now, must have thought they were for something else. However, point b) is still valid. Conflicting information that will confuse players.
You seem to have taken me pointing that out personally, at least that's how I understand you demanding an excuse to the players who provided the info. I never attacked anyone personally, so not sure what I should apologize for.
You are forbidden from questions and or slighting the old ones

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This conversation reminds me of when I came back after a long break. I overheard someone asking for a 190 luck gargoyle necklace. He said that his kid was playing on his account and his was gone afterwards. I told him that I'd try to make him one. Not really knowing how, I got lucky and did it on my first attempt. I brought it back to the guy who asked how much. I was like, "I don't know... 10K?" He told me I was crazy and gave me several million (I don't remember how much exactly). Then I found out that it wasn't really a lot of gold, but it was way more than I had at the time.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
This conversation reminds me of when I came back after a long break. I overheard someone asking for a 190 luck gargoyle necklace. He said that his kid was playing on his account and his was gone afterwards. I told him that I'd try to make him one. Not really knowing how, I got lucky and did it on my first attempt. I brought it back to the guy who asked how much. I was like, "I don't know... 10K?" He told me I was crazy and gave me several million (I don't remember how much exactly). Then I found out that it wasn't really a lot of gold, but it was way more than I had at the time.
How can you make 190 gargish neck ? It cannot get material properties when enhanced.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you can reforge gargish amulets and earrings using blacksmithy runics

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can you make 190 gargish neck ? It cannot get material properties when enhanced.
Sorry, as far as I know, they're not possible. While you can reforge up to 150, enhancing with a tinker tool does not add material properties. :(

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you're going to quote, quote the whole damn thing, not just a tiny bit of it. To not do so is to insult the players who were credited on the page with providing the information.
Almost as insulting as deleting posts and banning users without quoting any rule broken, isn't it? :)

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My sticky thread started in 2016, so even the wiki page (and those who posted in UO forum) came from it and rephrased it, and made no mention of this original thread. Just an observation. Not that I care about internet points.

Today I added extra remarks in the top post:

Reforging is an advanced crafting skill. You will need to understand the basics of crafting in general.
The following list ONLY includes widely desired items that also have feasible crafting chances %

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah, maybe it wasn't 190. I do remember using reforging and making it with gold. It was a long time ago, please excuse my inability to remember specifics.