• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Try this.

• Thread starter imported_The_Dude_
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_The_Dude_

Yesterday was out killing script miners and there was a bre and as i was leaving it went next to a house where someone was scripting afk in it. I couldnt get bees in to kill the guy as he had it bee proof. But to my amazement the BRE's aura hit the guy in his house and after a little bit of healing the guy died. Lost his mr lrc macro suit. Was HILARIOUS.

So if your bored and you see scripters just run a bre ele to them and heal yourself while the aura goes off.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Yesterday was out killing script miners and there was a bre and as i was leaving it went next to a house where someone was scripting afk in it. I couldnt get bees in to kill the guy as he had it bee proof. But to my amazement the BRE's aura hit the guy in his house and after a little bit of healing the guy died. Lost his mr lrc macro suit. Was HILARIOUS.

So if your bored and you see scripters just run a bre ele to them and heal yourself while the aura goes off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, that sounds like griefing to me. You using unintended game mechanics to kill somebody breaking the rules makes you no better.

A

AncientGeek

Just be careful-- it's fun until a kid in Vietnam notifies his supervisor who then pages on you for luring.

G

yea i agree sounds like griefing if he was afkin you could have just paged on him not lure something to kill him afk.

C

Connor_Graham

Uh, strange that it's me suggesting this, but if he was "out killing script miners" it kinda sounds to me like he was in Fel.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no such thing as "luring" in Fel right?

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

yea i agree sounds like griefing if he was afkin you could have just paged on him not lure something to kill him afk.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, page on a scripter? Rrrriiiggghhhttt. We ALL know gms don't respond to those pages. Or at least I know... I've waited... and waited... and waited... and never got a response.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

What's a bre?

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably means Black Rock (Blackrock) Elemental.

-Galen's player

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like Felucca.

Luring is legal in Felucca.

-Galen's player

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just be careful-- it's fun until a kid in Vietnam notifies his supervisor who then pages on you for luring.

[/ QUOTE ]
omg HAHAHAHA lol Funniest post of the week.

U

uo_kaladin

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you picking on kids in Vietnam?

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok 2 things....1st...You were not running around killing scripters. Since all scripters have an auto recall programmed into the macro if a blue or red name appears on the screen. There gone before you get half a screen from them. So your not killing any. 2nd. Just cuz someone is in their house macroing skills doesnt mean they are unattended. I macro all the time at home attended.

I

imported_Nestorius

Not always. I've seen differently, at least in Trammel. Otherwise you could just park tamed rabbits near to their recall spots.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, page on a scripter? Rrrriiiggghhhttt. We ALL know gms don't respond to those pages. Or at least I know... I've waited... and waited... and waited... and never got a response.

[/ QUOTE ]Just because YOU dont get a response, does not mean they do no respond. And just because you THINK someone is AFK does not mean they are. In the past 3 months my husband has spoken to a GM five different times after being paged on for "AFK macroing". All 5 times he was attended, and spoked briefly to the GM. Three times he was in his house, in Fel (once someone even killed him with NF's - was an L-Shaped house, nowhere to get away from them), and twice in Tram Mooglow filling BODs.

GM's DO respond ... so if nothing happens, then consider that the people you think are AFK may not be.

I

imported_Spiritless

While this is accurate, there are still ways to prevent their script from recalling in time.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Just because YOU dont get a response, does not mean they do no respond. And just because you THINK someone is AFK does not mean they are. In the past 3 months my husband has spoken to a GM five different times after being paged on for "AFK macroing". All 5 times he was attended, and spoked briefly to the GM. Three times he was in his house, in Fel (once someone even killed him with NF's - was an L-Shaped house, nowhere to get away from them), and twice in Tram Mooglow filling BODs.

GM's DO respond ... so if nothing happens, then consider that the people you think are AFK may not be.

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm, i don't know about you but when someone is running along rails chopping trees around a house its a pretty dead giveaway. When you can block their path completely with boxes and watch them sit there trying to run, its a pretty dead giveaway. When you can steal the hatchet out of their pack and watch them continue running up to a tree before their script detects the hatchet is gone, its a pretty dead giveaway. They are afk. and GMs don't come.
Maybe this is just the lack of GM love to siege but...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you picking on kids in Vietnam?

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly referring to game resource/gold sweatshops overseas?

I

imported_Lady Narsil

Then I guess if he wants to go afk in fel he should hide in his own house because luring is not a problem in fel only in tram.

I

imported_The_Dude_

Ok so if hes not unattended he sat in one spot and let a BRE kill him? It takes more then one aura shot to kill him. So how do i know hes afk? HE STOOD STILL AND DIED.

Also its easy to kill scripters you have to know how to do it. Also if they use the recall spell instead of sacred journey its cake to kill scripters. Para after the casting. Works everytime. To bad the devs support scripting and allow sacred journey to work no matter what if you get the cursor up, unlike recall. Try this put protection on have no resist and cast sacred journey. When you have the cursor up have someone para you and try to recall it still works just when u get to next spot your parad. Now with same character have protection on and no resist get the gump for sacred journey up and have someone mana drain you. Then click the book with the journey gump it still recalls you.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

question: using boxes to block a path isnt illegal? no clear answer on the uo.com...

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I imagine if you block their path a scripter won't know to walk around the boxes, but an attended char could easily do it. However I understand that if you put boxes completely around a character so that he can't walk in any direction, then it would be illegal.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
<blockquote><hr>

While this is accurate, there are still ways to prevent their script from recalling in time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, what I found that works best is 3 hidden tamers with rune bugs on pet summon balls camping the recall spot. It may not stop the recall in the script but dang sure kills them before they cant finish casting

I

imported_ParadoxUO

i just saw that someone placed bagballs on the path right outside Del. and there was a swordsman moving there... then recalling to the bank after a while... then moving again to the path by sacred journey and getting stuck over and over...

are the bagballs invisible to some players?