• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Truth, Love, Courage, life, fate

K

Kayne

Ok ok i know theres enough theories going around but it occured to me that we need the Book of truth, the candle of love, and the bell of courage to enter the Abyss.
We know the threads give people with Spirit speak different messages so we know theres something going on there.

The candle of love is pure, the "cloak of corruption" is exactly that corrupted I wonder then if there is a link between the two? We all think its the threads but what if it isnt?

Edited to add - Plane sword and plane shield. These must be linked into getting to the abyss. Think Plane as in Ethereal Plane/Spiritual Plane etc.

Spiritual Plane - Spirit speak contacts the Netherworld....Only spirit speak users get messages from the threads.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok ok i know theres enough theories going around but it occured to me that we need the Book of truth, the candle of love, and the bell of courage to enter the Abyss.
We know the threads give people with Spirit speak different messages so we know theres something going on there.

The candle of love is pure, the "cloak of corruption" is exactly that corrupted I wonder then if there is a link between the two? We all think its the threads but what if it isnt?

Edited to add - Plane sword and plane shield. These must be linked into getting to the abyss. Think Plane as in Ethereal Plane/Spiritual Plane etc.

Spiritual Plane - Spirit speak contacts the Netherworld....Only spirit speak users get messages from the threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you really see EA coming up with this complex a scenario?

K

Kayne

Its been mentioned in other threads i just used it in my post Lord Kotan.

Ktorr...says something for my imagination if that classes as complex.

G

well, the plane shield and sword have to be used for something other than combat, otherwise, people are going to complain like nuts since it is swords-only...so they have to be used as a tool for either activating something, or getting somewhere...I don't think they will be added to a turn-in, because it wouldn't make too much sense, but...

G

hm. has anyone held a candle of love, and seen what it does? :pPP

M

Maximinus Thrax

I picked up my candle of love and put on corruption's cloak and I turned into a gargoyle!

Is it too late for april fools jokes? :/

I

imported_WildStar

There are some players in-game who did not do the candle of love quest or have a book of truth. Then there are the new players to UO who started playing after these items were unavailable. I do not think that EA would limit access to the Abyss (if it comes out) only to older players who had the necessary items.

WildStar

K

Kayne

I never said they would limit access, but it has been said here in UHall that in the old Ultima games those were the 3 items that were needed to enter into the Abyss. So im speculating on how these various items will be used during this event and possibly when SA finally comes out.

Just to point out the shadowlords are lords of falsehood, cowardice and hatred (the opposites to truth courage and love) So we are involved in this battle with shadowlords and those 3 items are around....

I

IPlayUOTOOMuCH

I could see the plane swords and shields used for a turn in if for example, it was 10 per gets one new item. Similar to the toko turn in.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Its been mentioned in other threads i just used it in my post Lord Kotan.

Ktorr...says something for my imagination if that classes as complex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. Since I was referencing EA, I wasn't setting the bar too high
in the first place.

K

Kayne

cheek of it, how dare you :p

maybe i should be the event writer for UO the devs can just implement it for me :p

I

imported_Sarphus

we probably will need the book of truth, candle of love and bell of courage to enter the abyss.

That being said, there is only one book of truth, candle of love and bell of courage.

The book of truth was found by turning in imposter books of truth until the correct book was identified. Players don't have the book of truth. They turned in books until the ONE true book of truth was identified.

The candle of love was lit by the player community by doing a quest and using the little candles they got from the quest to light the candle of love. Players don't have the candle of love. They just lit it by going through a love-oriented quest chain.

I assume the bell of courage quest will come in much the same way. Many players will work together to secure the bell of courage so that all players can enter the abyss...

G

Nobody thinks that this might have to do with factions? The planesword and shield are the CoM color(i think) and there is shadow lords and aren't demons the chosen minions of Minax? Just a thought...

G

In doom there is a feryman you have to ring the bell to get him. Well in moonglow in the alchemy shop there is a ferryman. Any clue what hes for?

<blockquote><hr>

But more eyes are on this project than even the government knows. Beyond the benign alchemical research lies a darker power. Friendships will be tested, loyalties questioned, and a future forged by the actions of those who come and bear witness to this "Mad Mage."

[/ QUOTE ]

Inu runs around saying Doom, Dooooooom, No?, Maybe? Yes!

????

G

I think it could be factions...I haven't messed with a SL factions char, yet, haha waiting for pub 52 on that

Well...I just don't think the shield and wep will be used for actual combat, and I don't understand why they would be turned in, either...or rather, EA should probably tell us right now whether or not they will be turned in or not, because we are fools, and collect items until we have hundreds of them...lol and this is why we ask for turn ins, and then they give us a turn in, so we expect everything to be turn-in-able now...I don't know though.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Bell of Courage? I must of missed this one

[/ QUOTE ]

In Ultima IV, the Avatar needed 3 items to enter the Abyss. IIRC, the bell was to clear the way, the candle was to light the way, and you had to read from the book to open the doorway. Actually, you need 4, because you toss Mondain's Skull in the Abyss before you enter it.

Here are some important parts from the game: (these events recently have caused me to dust of my still working Commodore64 and play it).

The Book of Truth is found in the Lycaelum by searching in the Library in the T section.

The Candle of Love is found in the Village of Cove (off Loch Lake) by searching behind the secret wall near the Ankh.

The Bell of Courage is found at the bottom of a deep well at sea at Lat N'A", Long L'A".

To win the game, head for the Great Stygian Abyss. Its on the Isle of the Avatar at Lat O'J", Long O'J". Use the Wheel to help you get past the ships in the harbor, and then center yourself over the volcano's maw. Read the book, light the candle, and ring the bell. Cast mondain's skull into the abyss.

Word of passage: veramocor
Virtues: honesty, compassion, valor, justice, sacrifice, honor, spirituality, humility
Elements: truth, love, courage
Sum: infinity