• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Trouble with the Pinpoint

K

King Durango

When digging for a treasure chest should I be trying to dig at the spot the red dot covers on the map or the point where the "pin" meets the map a bit lower and to the left? Can it fall anywhere in that area? I have 100 Mining giving me a 4 tile reach and yet I often have trouble finding a spot that isn't really more than 1 screen to cover.

K

King Durango

Thanks Petra! That was just the info I needed. I went back to a map I had spent 10 minutes previously searching (the map that prompted my frustrated post) and found the right spot on my first dig attempt! Cheers!

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, it's neither. There's a picture on this page that will explain better: Treasure Map Quests
I'm sorry, I opened so many chests using EC so I forgot about that pixel on CC where the chest is. Funny thing is just below that image it says: "Image by Nimuaq" :).

It is where the pin meets the map in EC, on the white pixel on that image in CC.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a guide for finding it in CC, but I didn't consider it professional enough to include on Stratics. Perhaps I had better re-consider that decision?
Finding Maps

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've checked the page, I think you should definately include this to the stratics page. It is a great guide for players who dont have enough space on their character to add the mining skill. I started to use a similar method in EC but using uocartographer instead of uoautomap since I also have some maps for Ter Mur.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, it's neither. There's a picture on this page that will explain better: Treasure Map Quests
There's another way to open the treasure chests without remove trap, 70 fire resist and a suit imbued with +5 hp on each piece :) Even on the L7's you can just toss open the lid, heal yourself, and keep going. Saves over 100 skill points on the already crowded thunter + mage template.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How remiss of me to not include that! It's how I do it myself on Siege - fire fish pie can be handy for that too if you have one. I'll edit asap.