• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trouble with map locations

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can't zoom the treasure map, you can zoom the overhead map till it matches more closely. EC shows the terrain on the overhead almost identical to the map, I don't usually have too much trouble finding the spot. Davies is helpful if you don't recognize locations just from viewing the map. On many shards there's a shop somewhere that has a public davies that you can put your map in to get the coords then take it out to go dig it. On Europa one such is at RAA guild shop.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
EC with Pinco's UI (user interface)

you can zoom in on the treasure maps
(you can see flowers and rocks on the map)

makes it easier to match up both maps.

===

I always mark a rune to the locations that I find a chest.

If the location isn't in one of my Runic Atlas,
with the current coordinates...

I mark a rune
then shift-click the rune
(coordinates will be autofilled on rune)
then just add it to the Atlas.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's also an item yo can put the map in, and get its actual Latitude and Longitude.

From there, you can find the area fairly easily, so that the map is in a 12-15 step (per side) square. Even without mining, you can take a step or two, dig, repeat, and find a chest fairly quickly.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I use cartographer and enlarge it, compare things on the map with with cartographer and start there. I have a macro set to double click the shovel and target the map leaving a targeting thing so that I can hit that over and over to make the dig attempts and sweep in circles going farther and farther out. I usually get it in less than a minute or 2.