• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trng Legacy mare to be Magic user

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been training a legacy mare - halfway through the 4th lvl now - and have followed the uo-cah.com up to this point. I am tired of the ai/chiv template and want this mare to concentrate on magic damage. So when I get to the 4-5 stage, instead of adding armor ignore and then chiv or magery, I am thinking of adding EOO which I love on other pets and is a great area effect which also draws the spawn to my pet w/o me having to manually target. Right now the mare has the innate Magery and Dragon Breath. If I add EOO (or similar) , does he lose dragon breath? What I really would like is to add Magery Mastery so that he could jump aboard ships like my other tamer's Phoenix - is that possible? Thank you for your help in advance!

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
, I am thinking of adding EOO which I love on other pets and is a great area effect which also draws the spawn to my pet w/o me having to manually target. Right now the mare has the innate Magery and Dragon Breath. If I add EOO (or similar) , does he lose dragon breath? What I really would like is to add Magery Mastery so that he could jump aboard ships like my other tamer's Phoenix - is that possible? Thank you for your help in advance!
EoO is Enemy of One, a chiv spell, I believe you are refering to Aura of Energy?

Honestly, if you are wanting to go this route, no AI and/or no chiv.... If it were me, I would not use a legacy nightmare, I would just use a currently spawning nightmare. But if you decide you want to go that route you can add Magery Mastery to nightmares.

If you want a pet that can get Magery Mastery and can get Aura of Energy and AI for damage, you can look at something like a Unicorn or Kirin might be better suited.

Last edited:

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EoO is Enemy of One, a chiv spell, I believe you are refering to Aura of Energy?

Honestly, if you are wanting to go this route, no AI and/or no chiv.... If it were me, I would not use a legacy nightmare, I would just use a currently spawning nightmare. But if you decide you want to go that route you can add Magery Mastery to nightmares.

If you want a pet that can get Magery Mastery and can get Aura of Energy and AI for damage, you can look at something like a Unicorn or Kirin might be better suited.
I'm sorry - I meant Explosive Goo - that area spell draws all the spawn to the pet and means no need to target. I have exp goo on my SW Cu and on a triton, really like it. This legacy I'm training has 600 HP, 150 stam, 572 Mana, 700 Str, 150 Dex 300 Int , HPR20, SR 5, MR30 80/75/70/70/70 and 18-25 Base Damage I followed your plan exactly but had plenty of extra points at the end of Part 2 so added to HP, INT, and Mana.. Now I'm at Part 3, 4-5 slot. I know I should make a standard AI/Chiv since this legacy also started with extremely high attributes and would make a great Boss killer, plus a quite valuable pet if I ever needed to sell for tons of gold. But I love the way Magery Mastery pets can jump on ships before the cannon demolishes them. So can I add both Armor Ignore and Magery Mastery - or just magery Mastery by itself? I thought better of adding Exp Goo. On Part3 now - just maxed out Base damage and inc Int to 370. I now have 1441 points left to train with. Thank you.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Adding Goo will not remove dragon breath. Dragon Breath is a Special Ability.
They are like a Hiryu. You can choose ONE of these: An Area Ability(Goo) or A Special Move (AI).
Magic choice is always available until you run out of points.

As stated in post above, a Kirin or a Unicorn can get Goo, AI, Magic.

There are multiple reasons we tell players to use current Nightmares for magery.

Specifically for what you want AI and MM would work best once the pet Teleports to the target. Goo would be better than AI if the pet is never near the target. It will take a long time to kill a Dread Pirate without AI. (An angel will lose its wings if you build a Goo/MM PP Mare)

Some pets can get 2 Specials because their innate ability is a Special Move or they are blank.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Archer Tamer takes a 4 slot PP Nightmare with him when killing Beacons or Pirate crew. Just has innate Magery and Dragon Breath. When this event is over he will transform into an AI/Chiv.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you all - I went with Magery Mastery and Armor Ignore and the innate Dragon Breath. With 850 Man and 825 HP he should do all right against the pirates. I usually play a 2nd account tamer on my adjoining computer and she uses a triton or a a Rune Beetle on the Dread Pirate to speed things up and to get an additional Mythic soulbinder filled.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For Magery Mastery, i simply go with a Serpentine Dragon. Up to 1,040 INT, which affects Mind Blast damage (which MM pets actually cast), mana regen rate, and spell damage (very slightly). Even a Serpentine Dragon with 1,500 Mana/1,039 INT/30 MR/120 Focus/120 Med will eventually run out of Mana, and once that happens, his melee is garbage. Once he starts channeling Death Ray, he'll stop attempting to melee, and even with 120 Magery/120 Eval, the Death Ray damage every 3 secs doesn't compete with the DPS of a melee hit every 1.25 secs. The Magic Reflection casts when facing Physical damage enemies is annoying too.
So yeah, MM can't compete with Chiv+AI in terms of either burst damage, nor sustained.