• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Triton went wild?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This has me a little confused. I went with my group to Doom. I had my disco/cb triton with me and someone else had their chiv/ai triton with them. I'm not sure when it happened, but I noticed while fighting the Dark Fathers, the other triton went grey. I thought it was just to me but turns out the triton went wild.
What's confusing me is that it went wild. I could have sworn I read that they would go *poof* if released or they go wild. There was even a corpse. Do I have this wrong?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This has me a little confused. I went with my group to Doom. I had my disco/cb triton with me and someone else had their chiv/ai triton with them. I'm not sure when it happened, but I noticed while fighting the Dark Fathers, the other triton went grey. I thought it was just to me but turns out the triton went wild.
What's confusing me is that it went wild. I could have sworn I read that they would go *poof* if released or they go wild. There was even a corpse. Do I have this wrong?
summoned.PNG

The warning text just says it will disappear if released. And that's what summoned pets will do, if you release command it, they poof. If they go wild due to neglect they will remain to be retamed. However if you release it after retaming it, it will still poof. I've tamed anniversary horses before on Atlantic.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they go wild due to neglect they will remain to be retamed.
@Khaelor

So, if a Triton goes WILD it will NOT automatically vanish but REMAIN in the World, existing, and there for its Master to retame it ?

What will happen to its training after having been retamed ?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
some AOE's from pets will hit friendlys while in tram. this will cause it to go grey, and not be wild, and you won't get the heat of battle or criminal buff either. I know that Chiv does it, as well as poison breath on my bane.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
some AOE's from pets will hit friendlys while in tram. this will cause it to go grey, and not be wild, and you won't get the heat of battle or criminal buff either. I know that Chiv does it, as well as poison breath on my bane.
That was my thought, as the other triton did have chiv. So I removed myself and my pet from the fighting for a few min to make sure the other triton went green again. I even said that in party chat but by then it was too late. The other triton died and that is when it dawned that it went wild and he lost it. I had spares, so I gave him one.

View attachment 98753

The warning text just says it will disappear if released. And that's what summoned pets will do, if you release command it, they poof. If they go wild due to neglect they will remain to be retamed. However if you release it after retaming it, it will still poof. I've tamed anniversary horses before on Atlantic.
Thanks Khaelor, I really wasn't sure on the going wild part, so it was good to have it confirmed that going wild and not going *poof* right is correct.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
If true, this is good news, and may mean that they listened to us and changed it so it does not?

AS IT SHOULD BE THE CASE!

After all the work, the training, the skilling, and for some people the 200 M PS, it should not go poof unless YOU release it!