• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Triton question for training

SSooRRaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anybody know a bunch about tritons? Finally caving in and training one, Just want to know what to look out for stats wise on them so i have enough points etc. Most of what im seeing is you def want over 120 wrestle?
On a not so popular shard, so none at all on vendors.

The one i currently just popped is:

HP:661 res: 48/59/49/45/89
Stam: 150
Mana: 117
Str:224
Dex:177
Int:117
Wrestle:117.4 Resists: 185.4

And most guides are saying use a full set of 120s (is this a must or can it be viable with 110s or 115s)

And also not even what best build out there; also most i'm seeing is chiv/ai/fww

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I heard 125+ Wrest and 160+ Resist just to start or pop another. I was given a 127/162 and a 128/162 for my 2 tamers and I am still debating what exactly to do for the finish Prob make both Chiv/AI for my 2 tamers. You also want it to spawn with +190 Dex.

SSooRRaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard 125+ Wrest and 160+ Resist just to start or pop another. I was given a 127/162 and a 128/162 for my 2 tamers and I am still debating what exactly to do for the finish Prob make both Chiv/AI for my 2 tamers. You also want it to spawn with +190 Dex.
So pretty much keep popping them until they have stats like that ^^ The rest are just irrelevant? No point in training them up for like roof or anything with 110-115s

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Personally if a Triton has under 120 wrestle I kill it off or give it away to a newer player who is unable to snag a more expensive one. but I have more gold than I do sense at times

SSooRRaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally if a Triton has under 120 wrestle I kill it off or give it away to a newer player who is unable to snag a more expensive one. but I have more gold than I do sense at times
Yeah my shard has NONE on vendors, so I bought the only one that popped up in a long awhile for 30m lol _-_ and the stats are above^ obv not the greatest.. but I don't know how to get them( if they are even obtainable still?) So just trying to make the best of a screwed up situation, or go back to my other pets lol.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah my shard has NONE on vendors, so I bought the only one that popped up in a long awhile for 30m lol _-_ and the stats are above^ obv not the greatest.. but I don't know how to get them( if they are even obtainable still?) So just trying to make the best of a screwed up situation, or go back to my other pets lol.

Oh... well in that case..

Yes, they can still be obtained. The dubloon deal where you kill the Lighthouses, get the booty and turn it in to the Black Market Dealer in Bucs Den.

A 110 to 115 skill range Triton does fairly well in Roof with the right set up for your playstyle. For my playstyle the FWW/Goo works better than the Chiv/AI/Fww.. but a lot of folks do love that set up.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, a triton can be viable if built correctly with 110s. With the wrestling and resisting spells already increased it makes for a great base pet. That said, I agree with the sentiment to keep Tritons that pop with over 120 wrestling. That saves you the cost of an expensive 120 power scroll (plus resist).