• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Triton Builds

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Triton Trainable Animal Bestiary | uo-cah.com

upload_2019-5-1_21-35-53.png

upload_2019-5-1_21-41-23.png upload_2019-5-1_21-42-10.png upload_2019-5-2_0-13-19.png upload_2019-5-2_0-23-44.png upload_2019-5-2_0-39-1.png

They look like this:
upload_2019-5-1_22-11-42.png

There are a few stats that are overcapped:
Dexterity can go up to 220 (190 is usable cap) Makes them walk faster.
Energy resist can go to 90%
Resisting Spells can be between 150 to 190
Wrestling can go up to 130 (Thank Khaelor and Khyro for this)

They start with just healing as an ability.

Building the Triton.

They have plenty of points. You can easily build an AI/Chiv Triton.
Can add more specials, Area Ability if you want.
Can substitute Discord, Mysticism, Spell Weaving for Chivalry.
Can choose any of the magical abilities below instead:
upload_2019-5-1_22-27-29.png
If you create the Triton in Tokuno you can also choose the 2 magics created with SE:
upload_2019-5-1_22-27-29.png

A two magic Triton: (meaning a passive magic required for an ability and an Active magic)

Some of them have a better start than others.
The ones with Higher Strength and higher total resists can make a two magic pet.
This costs 700 extra points.

Put yours in the calculator here:
Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com

This pet:
upload_2019-5-1_22-39-31.png

There is no magic number for which ones can get two magics. Actually all you need is one with 200 or more strength. Can easily make a Triton with and Active and Passive Magic.

After you put the pet into the calculator you can go to the planner. Build the pet as you want and see if you have enough points.

My blank planner: Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

I finished the first round of training. OMG these train slow. But you can train them on anything.
I used the mage for a while and then I changed to an unbound vortex. It needed very little healing.
I am using my Archer tamer that has not vet and only Chiv healing.

Placing points on the First Round:

They are very NOOB friendly pets. They have max dex, and stamina.

I will always set the strength to 700 in all my first rounds.
I was lucky and had some more points to place.
I put the Intel to max to cap that section
I put the Mana Regen to 2
I put the few leftover points into Mana

Looks like this now:
upload_2019-5-1_22-58-52.png

Off to train again!

Second round went much faster.

Since I am going to put 2 magics on this one, I need to put a magic on now.

I set the resists how i want them
I put AI and the ability that requires a magic. There are a few to choose from.
I set the mana regen to MAX
I set the HP Regen as high as possible for now.
Leftover in Mana.

Now for the last round of training.

Last round took a while I used Mage, EV, Navrey, Allosaurus

I could have made this pet with all 120 scrolls like this:
Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

Attachments

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My first 2 Magic Triton! (Bushido required as a passive magic for Feint and Chivalry.)
aka a fake magic and a real magic.

I already made a AI/FWW/Chiv on TC. So I made a Tank instead.

upload_2019-5-2_1-8-30.png

She's a ****ing beauty! has 145 more points.

My Archer Tamer can use this and it takes minimal damage already.

Skilling is next.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Single Magic Build:

Since these have high resists to start I set the strength to maximum on the first round. If the pet has 200 or more Str then it will go to 700. If not you need to set the strength to maximum at the beginning of the next round. Since the mana starts low I use any leftover points in that.
I basically make it a Cu on steroids at 3 slots. Then I can build just like I would build a Cu on the next two rounds.

This pet is built specifically for fighting Corgul the Soulbinder. Corgul the Soulbinder - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Do not use this resist pattern for a general purpose pet. I chose to add Conductive Blast because I will always use him in a group and there are always Cus on LS.
The pet had > 230 HP so using just one magic allowed me to add extra HP, Mana, and Stam regen.

upload_2019-5-11_1-4-49.png

Other Single Magic Builds: can substitute Discord, Mysticism, Spell Weaving for Chivalry.

Basic:
1681685902974.png

CB added:
1681686120164.png

A resistance reducer:
1681685988675.png
Can be done without AI.

Something we cant build with a Cu:
1681686182237.png

An area damager that looks interesting: Hiryu cant make this.
1681686377721.png

Getting crazy:
1681686411556.png

Two magic Build: (meaning a Passive Magic required for an Ability and an Active magic)

If you want to use all 120 scrolls you need to start with a High intensity Triton. The most common determiner is the Strength. A Triton with 245 strength makes up for resists being at minimum start values. As stated above, use the planner to see if your pet is a candidate. Not all Tritons can make this build. It requires a lot of points. There is no magic starting intensity % that can make this build.
Unless you have many 120 scrolls do not use a pet that can not get maximum HP regen, Maximum Mana Regen, and at least 5 Stamina Regen. I recommend at least 10. USE THE PLANNER!

First Round:
I max the strength and the remaining points in mana. You need to decide what you want to build at this point. If you want the AI/FWW/Chiv build you need to put the passive magic on in the second round.
Second Round:
Strength should be 700 now. max the Intel. Set the Resists how you want them. Choose the specials that you want, including the one that needs a Passive magic. Put on the 120 passive magic Scroll. Set base damage to Maximum now and in next round. Set the HP regen and the Mana regen.
Last round:
Set the base damage per second to Maximum.
Add your magic Ability, Add your scrolls and set the other values like they are in the planner.

My Triton Tank in the first post is one example.

Other 2 Magic Builds:

The one that most players tried when these came to test center:
upload_2019-5-11_1-45-43.png

My Tank Build:
upload_2019-5-11_1-52-3.png

Area Damager with 2 Magics:
1681687423934.png

An area damager that must be spawned in Tokuno:
upload_2019-5-11_1-53-52.png
Build at your own risk.

Another Area damager that must be spawned in Tokuno:
upload_2019-5-11_1-55-39.png
Build at your own risk!

Poison Builds:

Pets that can get poison as a magic can access Poison Abilities:

Venomous Bite (Mana Cost 30)
Trains the creature in the Venomous Bite special ability, causing the creature to poison all nearby targets.
Vicious Bite (Mana Cost 20)
Trains the creature in the Vicious Bite special ability, causing the creature to inflict a festering wound on approaching targets that does direct damage over time.

Aura of Nausea (Mana Cost 100)
Trains the creature in the Aura of Nausea area effect, causing nearby targets to suffer a reduction in swing speed, hit chance, defence chance and faster casting.
Poison Breath (Mana Cost 50)
Trains the creature in the Poison Breath area effect, causing lethal poison to nearby targets.
Essence of Disease (Mana Cost 20)
Trains the creature in the Essence of Disease area effect, causing poison damage to nearby targets.

How to add Poison abilities:
The Poison Magic Ability costs 100 points.

You need to decide what you want for the entire build so you can get the things you want.
Always do a test run on test center.

Using a Triton with no abilities chosen. I want all of my pets to have AI so I choose that first.

Choose the Magic Ability; Poison

The pet can now access Area Poison Abilities and Poison Special Abilities.

Choose the build you want. You can then go back to Magic Abilities and choose a differnt Magic.

Here are some that do damage

Here are some that you can try at your own risk:

Tokuno spawned pet
1681686730996.png

Tokuno spawned pet
1681686747429.png

Here is one I made: Chivalry is over 100 so I can take him out to fight.
1681686962545.png
I use this for Scalis, keeps him poisoned.

You can skill the poison to 100 in Destard if you want interactive skilling. Start with the Crimson/Platinum Drakes. Then move up as the skill increases.

He seems to use his Chivalry skills on single targets more than the Area Poison.
Uses both in crowds.

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pawain

Out of curiosity, if one was to, say, want to train a Triton to "specifically" fight a Boss, let's say, for example, the Peerless Dread Horn Boss, what would be a "most proper" build for such a Triton ?

Would also one of the "low ends" Tritons be sufficient to deal easily with this particular Boss ?

And, to make a comparison with a different Boss, say that one might want, instead, to train a Triton to fight mostly and mainly the Boss Exodus, what training would be best for this Triton with such a specific task to face ?

I am trying to find out, whether "also" LOW end spawned Tritons might have a god use, albeit a very reduced, "specialized" use, that is, to be possible to be trained for a very limited, "specific" task (i.e. to fight a single type of a specific Boss) given a VERY specialized type of training....

Sort of, like they worked as a Weapon for a Warrior who "changes" the Weapon depending on the high end Creature that is wanted to fight....

If such a "fine tuned", specialized training is still possible "also" on LOW level spawned Tritons, and still have good results, that is, be able to run through the Gauntlet, do specific Peerless Bosses, the Exodus, etc. etc., then the Triton not only would have a wonderfull life, but we could "also" be able to see a huge variety of trained up Tritons for very, very many different tasks and uses....

Wouldn't it then be a Wonderfull thing that would make the Triton as popular, if not more, as the CU-Sidhe, among Tamers ?

Thanks !

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All Triton can get AI/Chiv with whatever value scrolls you want. But, some start with <120 wrestling.

I would pull a few and find the one with the highest wrestling for encounters that you teleport into.

AI/Chiv
AI/Conductive Blast/Chiv

Those two builds would be the best against a single target.

For a specific encounter, look at the Mobs damage type and adjust your resists to be highest in those.
Ill build a single target damager tonight that can take on any of the Peerless that I go to.
Mine will be Dreadhorn ready. Dreadhorn does some Poison damage so Ill set the resists with that in mind.

@PlayerSkillFTW can answer the Exodus part.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I popped an 83% intensity Triton yesterday (1st try so RNG Gods were smiling on me) and started to plan my Triton out... This is my first time using the planner so I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if my Triton really cannot use all his points. Anyone mind checking my build to see if I did something wrong? Looks like I have 189 points left and nowhere to put them...

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All Triton can get AI/Chiv with whatever value scrolls you want. But, some start with <120 wrestling.

I would pull a few and find the one with the highest wrestling for encounters that you teleport into.

AI/Chiv
AI/Conductive Blast/Chiv

Those two builds would be the best against a single target.

For a specific encounter, look at the Mobs damage type and adjust your resists to be highest in those.
Ill build a single target damager tonight that can take on any of the Peerless that I go to.
Mine will be Dreadhorn ready. Dreadhorn does some Poison damage so Ill set the resists with that in mind.

Dreadhorn does 40% phys and 60% poison. So if you're making a Triton for ONLY Dreadhorn, max those two resists and ignore the rest.
Lady Mel does 50% phys and 50% energy, so again you only need those resists at max.
Navrey does 50% phys, 25% fire, 25% engery.

While that's important, don't forget to look at what the lowest resists are on your target.
Dreadhorn tends to be lowest in physical, Mel fire, Navery fire, etc. So a Triton may be best against Dreadhorn, Shimmering Effusion, Juo'nar, Ozymandias, and Anon. Obviously it'll kill other stuff, but it's damage output would be best vs those listed for efficiency.

@popps

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I popped an 83% intensity Triton yesterday (1st try so RNG Gods were smiling on me) and started to plan my Triton out... This is my first time using the planner so I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if my Triton really cannot use all his points. Anyone mind checking my build to see if I did something wrong? Looks like I have 189 points left and nowhere to put them...

Did you use the New Pet Calculator or the Trained Pet Calculator? I dug into your planner and it looks like the pet got sent to the planner with 6004 available training points instead of 4503. So essentially you are working with an entire extra level.

This can happen if you use the Trained Pet Calculator and set the remaining points to 1501, but don't increase the current slot:

Here is a link to a corrected planner for you: Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

You should now see you are over spec'd on points, but you should be able to reverse your plan until you get out of the negative on points.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Did you use the New Pet Calculator or the Trained Pet Calculator? I dug into your planner and it looks like the pet got sent to the planner with 6004 available training points instead of 4503. So essentially you are working with an entire extra level.

This can happen if you use the Trained Pet Calculator and set the remaining points to 1501, but don't increase the current slot:

Here is a link to a corrected planner for you: Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

You should now see you are over spec'd on points, but you should be able to reverse your plan until you get out of the negative on points.
Knew I did something wrong! Thank you!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keven wanted a beefier pet than I do!

If that is the Triton on UHall then that's a sweet one!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
@Pawain

Out of curiosity, if one was to, say, want to train a Triton to "specifically" fight a Boss, let's say, for example, the Peerless Dread Horn Boss, what would be a "most proper" build for such a Triton ?

Would also one of the "low ends" Tritons be sufficient to deal easily with this particular Boss ?

And, to make a comparison with a different Boss, say that one might want, instead, to train a Triton to fight mostly and mainly the Boss Exodus, what training would be best for this Triton with such a specific task to face ?

I am trying to find out, whether "also" LOW end spawned Tritons might have a god use, albeit a very reduced, "specialized" use, that is, to be possible to be trained for a very limited, "specific" task (i.e. to fight a single type of a specific Boss) given a VERY specialized type of training....

Sort of, like they worked as a Weapon for a Warrior who "changes" the Weapon depending on the high end Creature that is wanted to fight....

If such a "fine tuned", specialized training is still possible "also" on LOW level spawned Tritons, and still have good results, that is, be able to run through the Gauntlet, do specific Peerless Bosses, the Exodus, etc. etc., then the Triton not only would have a wonderfull life, but we could "also" be able to see a huge variety of trained up Tritons for very, very many different tasks and uses....

Wouldn't it then be a Wonderfull thing that would make the Triton as popular, if not more, as the CU-Sidhe, among Tamers ?

Thanks !
Chances are that it will not be more popular. It is not rideable, looks butt-ugly, there are some magics it does not get (Bushido for example), AND if is accidentally released, or goes wild then just vanishes into thin air. Also, they hinted it will not spawn after December? Not sure. But it is a serious toy to play with for now, some interesting builds also. Will not replace Cus.
Should have given it a different graphic, make it rideable also.
Imagine tho, Fully scrolling one with 150-200M worth of PS, then spend gobs of time to train-skill, then POOF!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain

Thanks !
I took mine to Travesty tonight. Only has 74 Chiv and 70 Bush right now.
upload_2019-5-2_22-32-33.png

She looked like this:
upload_2019-5-2_22-33-31.png

There were others there but she kept aggro on mine until the Ninjas popped.
My pet slowly lost HP and at about 50% I would turn Consume on and the pets HP shot up fast.
I used Consume 3 times for less than 20 seconds each time.

Pet did normal Chiv damage numbers.

I think all the Ninjas wanted to come out and see the new pet. I have never seen this many before!

upload_2019-5-2_22-38-12.png

There's more around the sides. Was crazy.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What do you all think of this?: Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

I'm likely using it for the roof, or other single target content.
Solo or two players? Are you not able to do the roof now with a pet?

Unless you have a ton of 120 scrolls I would not add the Feint. Put the Mana to 1500 and let it build back up between Bosses.

Just go AI/Chiv. AI/CB/Chiv would also work.

More template info may help.

Turkish

Journeyman
Solo or two players? Are you not able to do the roof now with a pet?

Unless you have a ton of 120 scrolls I would not add the Feint. Put the Mana to 1500 and let it build back up between Bosses.

Just go AI/Chiv. AI/CB/Chiv would also work.

More template info may help.
2 players at least. I have pets for the roof, but I like to diversify the damage types. I change pets depending on what other people bring. I've decided to cut back on feint, and potentially leave out CB too.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They making them like this on LS:

upload_2019-5-3_17-18-21.png

All 120s AI/Chiv.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2 players at least. I have pets for the roof, but I like to diversify the damage types. I change pets depending on what other people bring. I've decided to cut back on feint, and potentially leave out CB too.
Ya if you are having no problems then you do not need the Feint or CB. Make a BEAST!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's mine so far. I only wish he had 170+ Resist, for immunity to 120 Mage/Eval debuffs/poison. He still has enough TP left to 120 all of his skills, and to add AI. I haven't put AI on him yet, because i want him to spend all his Mana on Chiv abilities so he 120s it faster. Once he reaches 120 Chiv, then i'll put AI on him. This is a EC Pinco's lore window.

Poseidon 1.PNG

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For Exodus, the only added ability you want, is Feint and a 120 Bush PS. Exodus hits hard, and it appears to be 5x20%, so the Resist spread on the pet doesn't seem to matter much (although the Death Vortexes appear to deal Energy), and Consume Damage does almost nothing to mitigate his damage. With only Feint and Healing on the Triton, it should keep Feint up almost 100% of the time, halving the damage it takes from all sources with 120 Bush. This is a specialized pet meant for extreme tanking.

For general purpose all-around boss Triton, i'd go for Chiv+AI build.
If you're a 6x120 Tamer/Mage, then the Disco/Conductive Blast Triton is perfect for tanking the enemy and debuffing their Energy Resist for your Death Ray channels.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's mine so far. I only wish he had 170+ Resist, for immunity to 120 Mage/Eval debuffs/poison.
So you are saying you want 170+ Resist Magic? Mine is 169.7 and he gets poisoned and I see him use Remove Curse. So close!!!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you are saying you want 170+ Resist Magic? Mine is 169.7 and he gets poisoned and I see him use Remove Curse. So close!!!
Yeah, when the target has 50.0+ more Resist than the caster has Eval/SS (for most debuffs) or Magery (for Poison), then the spell has 100% chance to fail, and it just flat out fizzes when attempting to cast on such a high Resist target. At 170+ Resist, the pet is basically immune to debuff spells and the Poison spell, since VERY few creatures have above 120 Magery/Eval. Basically only the Abyssmal Horror (200 Magery/Eval) and Shimmering Effusion (150 Magery/Eval) have a chance of debuffing such a high Resist target.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, when the target has 50.0+ more Resist than the caster has Eval/SS (for most debuffs) or Magery (for Poison), then the spell has 100% chance to fail, and it just flat out fizzes when attempting to cast on such a high Resist target. At 170+ Resist, the pet is basically immune to debuff spells and the Poison spell, since VERY few creatures have above 120 Magery/Eval. Basically only the Abyssmal Horror (200 Magery/Eval) and Shimmering Effusion (150 Magery/Eval) have a chance of debuffing such a high Resist target.
That's actually not accurate.

I put together a Resisting Spells Calculator to show the effects of various spells against high Resisting Spells: Resisting Spells Calculator | uo-cah.com (I only included the spells that actually had formulas for how Resisting Spells affected the ability.)

120 Eval vs 190 Resisting Spells will still debuff for 1%, which means a Chiv pet will still spend mana to use Remove Curse.

For a debuff to actually fizzle, it needs to hit 0% potency (Which ends up being 80 skill difference).

The poison immunity from Magery Poison does appear to be effective at a much lower range, but I have not yet tested with a Nox Mage, and there doesn't seem to be a formula out there in regards to Poison vs Resisting Spells, so I will add that once I get a chance to test it further.

Tested debuffs from a 120 Eval mage against a high Resisting Spells Triton and the numbers line up with the formula:

Normal Stats:

Debuffed:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Anyone build a CB/Discord Triton? I'm interested in building one to pair with my necromage tamer, I think they would synergize well. I have never put CB on a pet before and I only have 1 other pet that has low discord on it, so I don't have much experience with those 2 abilities on a pet.

Otherwise I've thought about taming another fire crimson drake and adding Discord to it and then I can cast corpse skin. Not sure if the damage from that combo would be better/worse/about the same as using my crimson drake with ai/chiv + me casting corpse skin.

Last edited:

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyone build a CB/Discord Triton? I'm interested in building one to pair with my necromage tamer, I think they would synergize well. I have never put CB on a pet before and I only have 1 other pet that has low discord on it, so I don't have much experience with those 2 abilities on a pet.

Otherwise I've thought about taming another fire crimson drake and adding Discord to it and then I can cast corpse skin. Not sure if the damage from that combo would be better/worse/about the same as using my crimson drake with ai/chiv + me casting corpse skin.
I am building one with armour peirce, CB, and disco.

Not sure if its using AP, but i do see a white cloud, and when i lore unbound evs, their energy resist droos to 50.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I am building one with armour peirce, CB, and disco.

Not sure if its using AP, but i do see a white cloud, and when i lore unbound evs, their energy resist droos to 50.
I didn't think of putting AP on that build. That could work out well if AP lands after discord and CB. Don't want to add AI as that move ignores the de-buff from discord/CB, waste of mana. Maybe I'll go to test shard to try it out first. On paper it sounds like a good build.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For Exodus, the only added ability you want, is Feint and a 120 Bush PS. Exodus hits hard, and it appears to be 5x20%, so the Resist spread on the pet doesn't seem to matter much (although the Death Vortexes appear to deal Energy), and Consume Damage does almost nothing to mitigate his damage. With only Feint and Healing on the Triton, it should keep Feint up almost 100% of the time, halving the damage it takes from all sources with 120 Bush. This is a specialized pet meant for extreme tanking.

For general purpose all-around boss Triton, i'd go for Chiv+AI build.
If you're a 6x120 Tamer/Mage, then the Disco/Conductive Blast Triton is perfect for tanking the enemy and debuffing their Energy Resist for your Death Ray channels.
@PlayerSkillFTW

Thank you so much for the kind help.

Considering such a specific Triton "tank", which training and stats do you suggest it should have, in order to better tank against the Exodus ?

Like, for example, is it necessary to have certain Resists being better then others or skill/special move besides Feint to train ?

Thanks !

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gonna store some stuff here for reference. My Tritons

N TritonKeep 85.41% Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com
Planner: Saved Planner | uo-cah.com 2 Magic

A TritinTwo Pet Planner | uo-cah.com Low wrestling 123 AI Chiv or 2 magic Tokuno give this away and stop training dummy
A TritonT Pet Planner | uo-cah.com Wrest 126 AI Chiv or 2 magic Tokuno

A TritonYES 75.86% Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com wrestling 127.6 Saved Planner | uo-cah.com AI Chiv or 2 magic

A TritonAIChiv 64.69% Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com Saved Planner | uo-cah.com 126 Wresting Likes water

AA Triton A Saved Planner | uo-cah.com Wrestling 129.4 44%

AA Triton Niner 66.2% Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com 129.2 Wrestling Saved Planner | uo-cah.com Single magic

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What are y'alls thoughts on a Chiv/AI/FWW Triton, for use on the roof, and such? I THINK I have one that has enough points to compensate for the extra 500 needed, and end up with about 1000 mana (I like the extra mana, when I can "afford" it). Also, what do y'all think about the "life steal" ability?

I will post his stats in a bit.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The one I made on TC killed stuff. I don't know how WW compares to AI. You need 700 points. It needs the 120 scroll. Bye bye mana.

Single Target AI/Chiv is best but it would be nice to know if the damage difference is a lot or a little. If it a little, you can have a multipurpose pet.

I'm hoping someone will inform us of an encounter that is perfect for that build.

It is classified as a Damager Build on the Cah website.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The one I made on TC killed stuff. I don't know how WW compares to AI. You need 700 points. It needs the 120 scroll. Bye bye mana.

Single Target AI/Chiv is best but it would be nice to know if the damage difference is a lot or a little. If it a little, you can have a multipurpose pet.

I'm hoping someone will inform us of an encounter that is perfect for that build.

It is classified as a Damager Build on the Cah website.
I'm think it won't do as much DPS as a straight Chiv/AI one. But now, I'm debating between FWW, aura of energy, or Goo, for the area damage.

Also, how do you feel about "Life Steal"?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
FYI, here are his stats!

upload_2019-5-10_15-56-3.png upload_2019-5-10_15-57-31.png upload_2019-5-10_15-58-9.png

He shows to be an 87.63%. :D

It's a shame the resists weren't better. LOL I WANT a 90% one!

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is a beauty! Easily have room for the 2 magic build and some spare mana.

The 129 Wrestling is the same as 130 for DCI for all things I tried and same as 130 for many HCI according to the calculator.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nice! How hard is it to work up the passive bush/ninj. I forget which one it is.
If added at the same time to the pet, they end up completing at roughly the same time, which an advantage perhaps to FWW. FWW ninjitsu only vs Chiv, FWW Ninitjsu can be completed much easier without discord.

We've used a lot of Chiv/FWW pets the past two years, so we have leveled this combo quite a bit.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Single Magic Build:

Since these have high resists to start I set the strength to maximum on the first round. If the pet has 200 or more Str then it will go to 700. If not you need to set the strength to maximum at the beginning of the next round. Since the mana starts low I use any leftover points in that.
I basically make it a Cu on steroids at 3 slots. Then I can build just like I would build a Cu on the next two rounds.

This pet is built specifically for fighting Corgul the Soulbinder. Corgul the Soulbinder - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Do not use this resist pattern for a general purpose pet. I chose to add Conductive Blast because I will always use him in a group and there are always Cus on LS.
The pet had > 230 HP so using just one magic allowed me to add extra HP, Mana, and Stam regen.

upload_2019-5-11_1-7-14.png

Other Single Magic Builds: can substitute Discord, Mysticism, Spell Weaving for Chivalry.

Basic:
upload_2019-5-11_2-16-49.png

CB added:
upload_2019-5-11_2-29-16.png

A resistance reducer:
upload_2019-5-11_2-22-43.png
Can be done without AI.

Something we cant build with a Cu:
upload_2019-5-11_2-18-29.png

An area damager that looks interesting: Hiryu cant make this.
upload_2019-5-11_2-20-21.png

Getting crazy:
upload_2019-5-11_2-21-29.png

Two magic Build: (meaning a Passive Magic required for an Ability and an Active magic)

If you want to use all 120 scrolls you need to start with a High intensity Triton. The most common determiner is the Strength. A Triton with 245 strength makes up for resists being at minimum start values. As stated above, use the planner to see if your pet is a candidate. Not all Tritons can make this build. It requires a lot of points. There is no magic starting intensity % that can make this build.
Unless you have many 120 scrolls do not use a pet that can not get maximum HP regen, Maximum Mana Regen, and at least 5 Stamina Regen. I recommend at least 10. USE THE PLANNER!

First Round:
I max the strength and the remaining points in mana. You need to decide what you want to build at this point. If you want the AI/FWW/Chiv build you need to put the passive magic on in the second round.
Second Round:
Strength should be 700 now. max the Intel. Set the Resists how you want them. Choose the specials that you want, including the one that needs a Passive magic. Put on the 120 passive magic Scroll. Set base damage to Maximum now and in next round. Set the HP regen and the Mana regen.
Last round:
Set the base damage per second to Maximum.
Add your magic Ability, Add your scrolls and set the other values like they are in the planner.

My Triton Tank in the first post is one example.

Other 2 Magic Builds: (meaning a Passive Magic required for an Ability and an Active magic)

The one that most players tried when these came to test center:
upload_2019-5-11_1-46-24.png

My Tank Build:
upload_2019-5-11_1-48-47.png

Interesting Area damager:
upload_2019-5-11_2-14-12.png

An area damager that must be spawned in Tokuno:
upload_2019-5-11_1-54-12.png
Build at your own risk!

Another Area damager that must be spawned in Tokuno:
upload_2019-5-11_1-55-50.png
Build at your own risk!

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FYI, here are his stats!

View attachment 97652 View attachment 97653 View attachment 97654

He shows to be an 87.63%. :D

It's a shame the sesists weren't better. LOL I WANT a 90% one!
Maybe my math is wrong but if you have 4443 points out of 4552 points total how does that equal 88.99% I used your numbers posted and came up with a different percent than you did but even so the percent just does not work. 88.99% of 4552 would be 4,096 points not 4443 points. 4443 out of a total of 4552=97.61% I never did understand his percentages on that calc. How can your phy resist of 47 out of 55 be only 20%. IMHO your pet is way more than what you are saying it is.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How can your phy resist of 47 out of 55 be only 20%.
The range for physical resist is 45 to 55. His is at 20% of that range. if 45% it would be 0%.

You are calculating the % based on the total. I did that when the Calculator came out. It is better to calculate it the way they do for comparisons. It's nice to see you have a pet that is 97.61% of the total tho.

They did not want to put the total % on there but they did put the numbers in the results so you can easily calculate the total%

If they did totals, a lot of pet types would be above 80 all the time.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Maybe my math is wrong but if you have 4443 points out of 4552 points total how does that equal 88.99% I used your numbers posted and came up with a different percent than you did but even so the percent just does not work. 88.99% of 4552 would be 4,096 points not 4443 points. 4443 out of a total of 4552=97.61% I never did understand his percentages on that calc. How can your phy resist of 47 out of 55 be only 20%. IMHO your pet is way more than what you are saying it is.
Thanks. I just plugged in the numbers, and got 87.63%. One thing I have noticed, I want the LOWER energy resist, to put more in poison. BUT, that actually means it it is "less" than one with 90%. For whatever that's worth. LOL

Anyway, he will stay in the stable for a while until I build several, to see what is best for him (leaning HARD to a Chiv/AI/FWW on him though).