• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tripping The Rift

G

Is anyone still venturing into the rift?

My connection's been haphazard lately, emphasis on the hazard. Basically I haven't gone 10 minutes without a total freeze. So yeah, any event action or has Oceania largely become fed up with it?

G

LOL i thought this was going to be something about the cartoon, more so seeing as theres a movie out now too ha anyway...
Im planning on heading in there soonish, just gtg read z-monster a story and ill be logging in need a break from cropping pictures and writing stories

Hasn't anyone been going?

I

imported_Mezzac

I must admit that given the amount of death I have beinging experiancing, the insurance money I have been going through and the absolute lack of reward for the risks I have been taking, I really nolonger see the point in going in or being envoleved until the next stage.

Dispite all the effort I have put in, I have only managed a couple of each of the swords, shields, threads and a maybe 8 cloaks. In relation to the cloaks, the only reason I managed a few of them is because of the Blackrock - without massive health loss caused by a blackrock explosion I would not have any cloaks.

Against those gains you need to weigh up my losses - over the last week I have prob dropped 4mil (mostly on insurance - a substantial amount of my resources) I only have maybe 15 items to show for it - So as far as I can see this event has been a waste of time for me. Had I known beforehand what the cost was going to be it is unlikley I would have bothered.

I just wish that with some events that you get rewarded for PARTICIPATION not just for damage - For those of us with underdeveloped charaters or poor connections, rewarding for damage means we end up with NAUGHT despite the enormous effort we 'attempt' to put in.

I know of several players who have worked everyday for a few hours and have even less that I do - Rather poor return given the effort being invested.

So for me it is unlikely I will invest much more effort until next stage.

Mezzac

G

From what i understand we need to work on it like a champ spawn. i have noticed that there are water pitchers on the corners of the detector and there are more now then what there was. From what others are saying in UOhall we need to have all 3 of the shadowlords dead at the same time to move it along.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... and i guess as usial they havnt considered smaller shards in this.

(responding to original post)

I was hoping it would be more of a 'quick' type event. If the event went for that few hours that it started it would have upped the ani a bit, but these ongoing things just dont catch my intrest. The cost for me has been huge, not insurance wize, i have a knack of staying alive (ive died maybe 20 times but have spent may hours there), for not much reward mind you.
But the death of my pets. I spend a HUGE amount of time at swoops now that they have beefed swoops up training my pets. My WW was full GM, my Hyiru was getting very good, my mare was full GM etc etc. I will literaly have to spend days and days retraining them to get anywhere.

Again i say, they shoudl do more events, and good on em for doing it in the first place, but they need to be quicker if you know what i mean. More events less time etc etc.

G

thats the main problem, after the first 'day' the numbers there dropped and without a lot of ppl there the spawn overruns the 'few' that do go, I went for a while on the second day, and a shorter while on the third day, but given there was myself and only one other there i gave it aways as died a zillion times with near every stupid fetid chasing my butt and having those forgotten angels moving at the speed of light just to follow me and zap me dead. Not worth the effort for the rewards, with the bos nerf it isnt like you can even send your gold if you loot the corpses, and while moonglow isnt that far to the bank, the fact you need go every 4 mins and then run the gauntlet again is just a waste of time.

Gets old pretty quick, so I haven't bothered the last two days. I suspect tho that the spawn wont advance until a % is killed as the big shards had demons on the first day, last i got told it is still the same old there. The first day there was enough ppl there so that the spawn was manageable, even tho you still died a bit, but now you may as well go in there with a sign on you saying 'bait, come kill me' I am one of the only silly people here so 'ALL OF YOU TARGET MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'

no thanks

G

Yeah i agree, its kinda like paupa n the snakes all over again eh *sigh*

G

I've been going each day, not for long (cos I haven't had time) but am hoping tomorrow and Sunday to have a bit more time =)

Hopefully with it being the weekend too, there will be a few more people there =)

I'm still grumpy cos I haven't had a *single* thread from any of the wisps I killed =P So this weekend I am determined to get one! (preferably *before* I run out of insurance money!)

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone heard how the other shards are doing?

and any clue how this is going to lead into a snake skin, ration, ophindian order books hand in?

G

These sort of events never favor Oceania I gave up on them a long time ago it is just like the Zoo points 2 steps forward 3 back

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL i thought this was going to be something about the cartoon

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew some pervert was lurking who would get the reference (I thought I could smell Vaseline!)

Basically my phone line's been crap since Mr Telstra came and tinkered with the local box, so I've called them from my cellphone and politely suggested they fix it (can't even get a dialtone on the line).

But yes, that was only a few days ago and prior to that I was doing quite well.. now it's basically a ghostly footrace to Moonglow healers, hah. I probably haven't reached my quota of deaths yet, anyway, going by others' war stories.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

LOL i thought this was going to be something about the cartoon

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew some pervert was lurking who would get the reference (I thought I could smell Vaseline!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok that went WAAAY over my head.

Ive gien up on the rift. Untill they realize that Oce is just a wee tad smaller then the asian shards we just cant do it.

I

imported_UOPODCASTING.COM

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

What, I never posted anything.. Oh your not talking about me :p

C

Chameleon

<blockquote><hr>

From what i understand we need to work on it like a champ spawn. i have noticed that there are water pitchers on the corners of the detector and there are more now then what there was. From what others are saying in UOhall we need to have all 3 of the shadowlords dead at the same time to move it along.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you get 3 shadowlord at 1 time?
So far, I have only seen 2 shadowlord on the same screen this week.

G

I stealthed around there yesterday to get some screen shots there were 2 near the west gate (the one that leads out to the lyaceum in real moonglow) and the 3rd was a bit further down.

And Jah, tripping the rift is a cartoon, very much 18+ terribly naughty. it started out as just a toon on the internet but became hugely popular and went on telly theres been 2 seasons and they've just made a movie with a 3rd season coming up.

G

Thought I'd re-open the question: how's the event going?

I must say I've lost a little enthusiasm for it; seems there's hardly anyone else there so there's not a lot for me to do in a supporting role. Is anyone else still hack-n-slashing away in the alternate Moonglow? If so, what time/s do you usually go?

All I can find of fresh interest is this little fellow, a corrupted wisp who has appeared on "our" side of the rift..

Image captured with my new "SoulSnatcher" iconograph.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once i finish training my archer ill try go into it a bit. My only realy made up char is Jah with all my others being half completed in a variaty of skills. Thaught it about time i got another made up char. Needed one i could do at a distance. Once finished i think she'll be good. going 120 archery, healing, anat, tac, 100 resist spells, and the little rest going on chiv. Think she'll be good. Nearly done too.

G

I finished off archery &amp; mace fighting at the event, just thwocking &amp; bashing everything I could.