• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tricks for a NEW Character.

Lord Finesse of LS

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just recently started a new gargoyle. My one problem is i cant wear any good armor or weapons until my strength has risen, and i'm finding it really hard to gain strength, anyone know any tricks?..

P.S ive tried throwing with no armor running back and forth to lose stam.. but still barely nothing.:(

Lord Finesse of LS

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm, It seems to be not that easy for me. In fact, my gargoyle had a stored lumberjacking for about 80.0 which i had soulstoned off (with bowcraft,arms lore imbuing) to change my name to something more desirable for a crafter. Before i deleted my other garg, he had lots of stregth , but i think it was from all the bowcrafting i did. So now i had made my new garg. and i transfereed all the skills back and now im having trouble gaining strength again, or dex for that matter..?... So i took ur advise and i went out chopping again, i brought 4 pack animals which i have for my gargoyle... and i just chopped up over 6000 boards.. and not 1 str or dex gain... im only 61 strength and 39 dex... i have int locked at 20.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I use the seesaw method but to do this you need to be at cap
what i do is just go buy a bunch of skills up and run things like focus up and med etc
the goal is to just get to 720
then pick 2 skills that raise your str like macing and I think lore does it
then mark macing up beat on a training dummy till you hit about 20 then mark it down and lore mace or anything till its 20 then mark it down and macing back up etc
this is how i have always done it and i can usually get where i want in a hour or so!

Lord Finesse of LS

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
awesome thank you, i will give that 1 a try... i suppose its not a big deal since it makes me play more but i have a sign of chaos shield i really want to equip but i need 95 strength...:)

T

Terrorknight

I use the seesaw method but to do this you need to be at cap
what i do is just go buy a bunch of skills up and run things like focus up and med etc
the goal is to just get to 720
then pick 2 skills that raise your str like macing and I think lore does it
then mark macing up beat on a training dummy till you hit about 20 then mark it down and lore mace or anything till its 20 then mark it down and macing back up etc
this is how i have always done it and i can usually get where i want in a hour or so!
This method does work extremely well. Used it on all characters once they hit skill cap.

S

Smokin

I just recently started a new gargoyle. My one problem is i cant wear any good armor or weapons until my strength has risen, and i'm finding it really hard to gain strength, anyone know any tricks?..

P.S ive tried throwing with no armor running back and forth to lose stam.. but still barely nothing.:(
How long have you played, I do not want to tell you how to do this one method because it is quite involved in explaining. If you have a really good grasp I might do it, other then just try mining or chopping wood. But you must gain in skill to gain in stats.

Lord Finesse of LS

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm well i have been playing since 2004, so not that long... But i did follow the see-saw technique as stated earlier by Storm... where i increase my skills to max points, and raise macing to 20 locking everything else, and then raise fencing from 0 to 20 while dropping the macing... then when fencing hit 20 turn it down and raise macing from 0 back to 20..... it has been working reallllly WELL TYVM Storm for the great help, i have raised over 10 str in maybe an hour..................:thumbup1:

S

Smokin

Hmm well i have been playing since 2004, so not that long... But i did follow the see-saw technique as stated earlier by Storm... where i increase my skills to max points, and raise macing to 20 locking everything else, and then raise fencing from 0 to 20 while dropping the macing... then when fencing hit 20 turn it down and raise macing from 0 back to 20..... it has been working reallllly WELL TYVM Storm for the great help, i have raised over 10 str in maybe an hour..................:thumbup1:
Yeah that is basically the method, sometimes it can be hard to explain to a newer person. I personally use arms lore and anatomy. Making macros use skill anatomy last target and use skill arms lore last target. Then I pull the grey icons off and use them once and target either a person or weapon. If its Dex I want I use music and something else. These usually work faster and just have to hold keys down.

Here is a link to what skills give what. http://www.uoguide.com/Stats