• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Trick to the Gardener's Toolbox?

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried 100's of seeds, some I know for a fact stack, and it isnt doing anything but immediately throwing the bag back in my pack. For those of you that have gotten this to work, is there a trick to it? Can you only use certain types of bags?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

S

soulstoner

I used the plain ol' 6 gp brown bag from the provisioner's shoppe. Some stacked automatically when bag popped back into my pack while others I've had to pull out of bag and re-place back in to achieve a stack. Some stacks don't stack with other stacks. Some don't stack at all - lol - maybe the one's I'd performed the 'work around' on don't stack with new stacks. Some such as the hops and hedges and cypress are of different variations so they are seperated.

I've actually had best results performing the 'work around' standing at Jhelom moongate with a bunch of plant bowls and scooping the dirt in & watering then planting the seed then dumping bowl and having a stack-able seed then and went relatively quickly. I've only used the box this day and got mediocre results. But if you have a crap load of tonnes of seeds stored without attempts to work around you'd probably get some great results as reported in companion thread http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1672703&postcount=10 :popcorn:

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried 100's of seeds, some I know for a fact stack, and it isnt doing anything but immediately throwing the bag back in my pack. For those of you that have gotten this to work, is there a trick to it? Can you only use certain types of bags?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
I haven't used it since it was re-implemented, but before they took it out the first time, I just dropped in crafted small boxes full of seeds, rinsed and repeated until I was fairly certain I had cycled them all a few times, and that was it.

Then I found yet 2 more bags after they took them out... so I went the hard way, and just planted them all... they'll all be id'ed this time... or I'm just going to throw them in the trash barrel...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think all it does is make your nonstackable seeds harvested before peculiar seeds were introduced (i.e., before early 2009) stackable. If you get old brightly colored seeds to stack using the box, my guess is that you probably have to use poppy dust on the stack in order to make them stack with the same type of seeds harvested after we got peculiar seeds.

It seems to me that when they added peculiar plants and made seeds stackable, all the seeds got new identifiers that were inconsistent with their old identifiers. When you plant old seeds and dump them out of the pot, that updates their identifying information and also makes them stackable. But I think the seeds you harvest now from brightly colored plants are glitchy and are not labelled properly. (Hopefully I didn't get that backwards, has been a while since I messed with my seed supplies.)