• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

trick to looting magic lockbox?

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was having a conversation with someone who said they looted 3 boxes today on chesapeake, he said he did not use any illegal program to loot them he just got lucky and used cntrl + shift but then he said there is a trick to getting them and he wouldn't tell me what it is, any ideas?

K

ki-rin

me too .. killed one today for the first time and wasn't able to pick up the box :(

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know what the trick is but I am not about to give it up and lose my chance to grab the box lol.

It really is simple too.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Pretty sure you have to click it to release it.

S

SilentFoxXy

Pure, unadulerated LUCK

Ive taken part in 3 Stranger bashes, using my pally each time. I got ALL 3 boxes from these 3 instances.

He dies, (and I have stood back 5 yds to miss the death rattle, death breath, call it what you will, the instant death thingy he does)

Box falls to floor, (Tis his corpse) First touch , springs open showering us with shinees and gold.

As soon as the spraying is done, Ctrl/Shift- Grab box- no problemo

I got all 3 from the first 3 to spawn on Europa in Despise, and , honestly there was no trick involved, just pure, brilliant, luck and being fast on the grab/ draw.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just hope they give us the items they gana start filling the boxes with.

L

Lord Kynd

lame not to help your fellow players , or is that greed talking for you ?
double click it, release the deadly posion gas trap... snag box
simple
no trick ...
yet

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pure, unadulerated LUCK

Ive taken part in 3 Stranger bashes, using my pally each time. I got ALL 3 boxes from these 3 instances.

He dies, (and I have stood back 5 yds to miss the death rattle, death breath, call it what you will, the instant death thingy he does)

Box falls to floor, (Tis his corpse) First touch , springs open showering us with shinees and gold.

As soon as the spraying is done, Ctrl/Shift- Grab box- no problemo

I got all 3 from the first 3 to spawn on Europa in Despise, and , honestly there was no trick involved, just pure, brilliant, luck and being fast on the grab/ draw.
There was a trick, and you did it. Most people don't know to avoid the death paralysis.

Even then, you still need luck. I haven't gotten any of the three that I was involved with on Cats... missing two by either dumb luck or the fact that I ping 100 while the people who got it ping 20-30, I haven't decided which. I didn't even see the first one.

S

SilentFoxXy

lame not to help your fellow players , or is that greed talking for you ?
double click it, release the deadly posion gas trap... snag box
simple
no trick ...
yet
I know not if this comment is aimed at myself?? However, I stand well back at the moment of impending death, I have not set off a trap, nor endangered a living soul. Indeed, I was posioned as well as the next person.....

I have moved forward, along with the throng, as the DP effect wears thin, and I have had exactly the same chance as any at obtaining the box.

Indeed, and without trying to sound a bit ott, I have collected 3 of the chests, and have , happily, given one away to a player I only met at these 'New events' who has tried valiantly at each spawn.

I would hesitate to call myself greedy, so maybe this comment was a wee bit.....???

Greed, no sire, pure luck as I stated....

But....Flash-- As they say..-- I fear the 3 I got were merely worthless trinkets when we read :-

'23 Jun 2008 12:19:00

All shards will be published with the following during their next regular maintenance:

- The chests the mysterious strangers leave behind will no longer be empty'

I await with baited breath what wonders the chests now will hold.....And indeed, await to see real greed.....

Maybe, just maybe, those first few chests should be 'filled' as well....now , that would be greedy.....

L

Lord Kynd

I know not if this comment is aimed at myself?? However, I stand well back at the moment of impending death, I have not set off a trap, nor endangered a living soul. Indeed, I was posioned as well as the next person.....

I have moved forward, along with the throng, as the DP effect wears thin, and I have had exactly the same chance as any at obtaining the box.

Indeed, and without trying to sound a bit ott, I have collected 3 of the chests, and have , happily, given one away to a player I only met at these 'New events' who has tried valiantly at each spawn.

I would hesitate to call myself greedy, so maybe this comment was a wee bit.....???

Greed, no sire, pure luck as I stated....

But....Flash-- As they say..-- I fear the 3 I got were merely worthless trinkets when we read :-

'23 Jun 2008 12:19:00

All shards will be published with the following during their next regular maintenance:

- The chests the mysterious strangers leave behind will no longer be empty'

I await with baited breath what wonders the chests now will hold.....And indeed, await to see real greed.....

Maybe, just maybe, those first few chests should be 'filled' as well....now , that would be greedy.....
not at all towards you ..
i believe it was towards doomsday dragon
" know what the trick is but I am not about to give it up and lose my chance to grab the box lol.

It really is simple too."

that sounds greedy and unhelpfull to other players.

G

gandolfofaol

This game is all about ITEMS and greed why would you expect anyone to help. When people sell in game pisels for hundreds even thousands of dollars you aren't gonna find too many people that give away their trade secrets. FYI not that I can prove it but its usually the people who are quick to spout I don't use any 3rd party programs that are the ones that are using 3rd party programs.

T

The_Ox

ctrl shift shows all items laying around and you can click and drag on the name of the item instead of trying to grad it in all the mess. should make seeing and getting the item a little easier all tho it is still going to be who ever is fastest at grabbing it. Also if you did not now you can hold the shift key to move items that are stacked. like piles of gold, ore regs, and thing that stacks just hold the shift key that way you don't have to hit enter to pick the stacked item up.
Just my 2 cents safe and happy hunting:scholar: