• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Trick or Treating Oct 30

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I will be putting together a list of houses and other pit stops folks want to add and updating this top post to reflect the changes. Remember, you can provide a treat, a trick, or both. Trick or Treaters are cautioned to not bring anything they do not want to lose. Not all stops will be accessible via gate.

Official trick or treating time is 3pm central, 4pm est. Meet place will accounced in general chat and in these forums at that time.

Houses/Vendors:
St Dismass
Danis Darkstar

Other events:
Jasmine's treasure event
Luka's chicken lizard fights

What I need is more houses or vendors, someone with magery to gate trick or treaters, and Jasmine needs some support for her project. I will be around this week. If anyone wants a partner for chicken lizard training, PM me here.

Question: How do we feel about inviting off-sharders?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What time do we have in mind here?

Depending on the time, if I can then Willis offers his vendor shop in Zento as a Treat stop. :scholar:

And I guess I see nothing wrong with making an invite for the other shards.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I am thinking afternoon. open to suggestions....3pm central?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mid-day US time sounds good to me.

JasmineSP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been working on the details for the treasure hunting. I'd like to use my vendor house at the Brit crossroads to hand out the trick or treat bags.

Each bag will contain:

A decoded treasure map (so they know what spawn to expect)
A runebook with 3 runes, (my shop, the chest location, and the next stop on the treat route)
3 gate travel scrolls

The chest will already be unlocked and untrapped. In order to unlock the chest the guardian spawn MUST be killed. I'd rather leave them for half the chests to provide the "trick", but to unlock it I've gotta kill them. I'll just toss their gold next to the chest and move on to the next one. So, the treaters just need to get there and loot the chest.

I've managed to come up with a lot of maps. So, that leaves two problems.

"Young" players... I want to make sure not to exclude them, but it's not like they can take down a blood elemental either. Anyone without the skill (or assistance) to complete a level 5 treasure map will be given the contents of a level 5 chest. The good stuff... the crap.. all of it... as their treat.

Problem #2 is chest decay. They just don't last forever. I can dig up and prepare 25 chests while still leaving at least one hour to go out and loot them. If there's more than 25 participants, the late arrivals will recieve the same treat bags as the "youngins'". In order to make sure that the first of the 25 are still standing long enough, I'd like to request to be the first stop on the tour. I would just need the coordinates of the next stop to mark runes for the runebooks.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ok! This happens in 2 days! So far I have two houses and two sub events. If anyone else wants to be involved, I need a PM or a response on this thread.
St Dismas and Jas, I need a location from you, and whether or not it is accessible from the public hub. Thanks!

Everyone else, see you Sunday at 3pm cst! If you can't make it til later, call out in gen chat and see where we are at that point.