• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Triceratops

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Triceratops - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

Found in Eodon.

3 => 5 slot

Look like this when fresh:

upload_2018-1-10_18-37-51.png

They start with these natural abilities. You have to make them have healing before taming.

The AI and Paralyze are part of Piercing. If you choose a different magic, those will go away.

upload_2018-1-10_18-33-7.png

They just have 2 ability choices.

upload_2018-1-10_18-37-5.png

There are 2 special ability choices:

upload_2018-1-10_18-38-44.png

You can choose one of them.

The magical Abilities:

upload_2018-1-10_18-40-19.png

You can build choosing one of those abilities or masteries.

If you want more options.

Putting poison on first wipes out the natural abilities so you get new choices.

upload_2018-4-23_20-22-24.png

The Areas are:

upload_2018-4-23_20-23-1.png

Special Moves are:

upload_2018-4-23_20-29-27.png

Special abilities are:

upload_2018-4-23_20-32-1.png

You can choose:

1. An area and an ability or move
2. A special ability and a special move
3. Two Special Moves

Still discovering new things.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have taming mastery 3. Which is good for testing the pets I guess.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
When I read your Lore screens, I can't understand why it's so bad. It has a ton of hit points and good base damage values. It's low on cold resist, but you're fighting a GD.
What makes it so bad? (I understand that is is, I'm trying to understand how to interpret the Lore screens.)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I Didn't want it to be bad. Its the first new pet I tamed because I like how it looks.

Actually, taking down a GD in 2 min isn't that bad. I just thought it would be using all those specials and the screen would have a lot more red numbers flowing from the dragon.

Also this triceratops is not skill trained at all. If someone wanted to put it to 120 fighting skills on it, it may do a whole lot more damage.

So, Ill change my conclusion, a fully skilled triceratops could be a viable pet to take on your hunts. Match the 100% physical damage to your prey and you could have a killing machine.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This would be my first one ....
I think I messed up... maybe?
upload_2018-4-22_21-20-37.png upload_2018-4-22_21-21-5.png upload_2018-4-22_21-21-35.png

It gained 1.5 healing, but does not have it in the abilities section...
Does that mean it did not pick up healing?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And let me know it works. I have the one at the top. Did not know they could get healing.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The one you have has healing...
I edited the thread after I made it to put in more building info. I sold that one un trained. The one fighting the dragon is the original. It has no healing.

I should just make a new one.

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Did you hit it, or cause damage to it at all while you were taming it? I had a struggle with that while I was taming my Sabers... Can't hurt it

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ok, got healing on
now, healing does come on and off
to get healing on, beat it near death, few HP remaining,
Tame - check for healing
no healing - release, beat,then retame, until you tame it with healing...
basically what @Khaelor said... multiply that with whatever number of tries it takes :D

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
ok, got healing on
now, healing does come on and off
to get healing on, beat it near death, few HP remaining,
Tame - check for healing
no healing - release, beat,then retame, until you tame it with healing...
basically what @Khaelor said... multiply that with whatever number of tries it takes :D
Yes, there is a small window once it gains the Healing skill before it will lose it. If you are too slow to Lore and check the back page, it can lose it before your taming completes.

Just rinse and repeat until it keeps Healing. We've been able to get Healing to stick on every Triceratops, Lion, and Sabre-Toothed Tiger we've tried it on this way.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just rinse and repeat until it keeps Healing. We've been able to get Healing to stick on every Triceratops, Lion, and Sabre-Toothed Tiger we've tried it on this way.
And first attempt at that.

Gardo

Journeyman
I don’t even lore the animals anymore. I just listen for the bandaid noise several times and immediately try to tame. If you damage it or take damage from it during the taming process, the healing won’t stick. Beat it down some more and re-try once you hear the healing start again. I’ve tamed a bunch of lions and triceratops like this....for myself and my vendor. (I can’t keep these pets in stock)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don’t even lore the animals anymore. I just listen for the bandaid noise several times and immediately try to tame. If you damage it or take damage from it during the taming process, the healing won’t stick. Beat it down some more and re-try once you hear the healing start again. I’ve tamed a bunch of lions and triceratops like this....for myself and my vendor. (I can’t keep these pets in stock)
One bandage is all you need to go off. Most of mine show no healing skill (--) when tamed with healing in their abilities. Healing trains up without a problem.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
One bandage is all you need to go off. Most of mine show no healing skill (--) when tamed with healing in their abilities. Healing trains up without a problem.
Poisoning spell works nicely also, after you get some healing on it. Get it to healing like 5-10 and go on from there. I think it works for the pets mentioned with a little patience and care not to kill them in the process..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I put my old one on my vendor and got another. Took a while. I found a good one that just would not heal. Took it to <20 HP a few times. I drug up another and worked on the two. The next one decided to heal. Tamed it with healing so I don't have to release and retame.

These are easier than Sabre Tooths because they tame on the first try.

Ill take it to TC a few times and see what other builds there are for these.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since more of these have been built, we have discovered new builds for this pet type.

I rebuilt the first post.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
hey all
would ya mind sharing your builds for these guys, landed a decent one