• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Tresure map hunting and the repeating cursor target

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have this problem with several of UO's systems. namely toggling quest items, insurance, applying poison manually, and now, treasure hunting.

90% of the time when the uo client needs me to target two things back to back, the second cursor disappears instantly. its not possible for me to treasure hunt right now. after i use the pickaxe on the map, the cursor vanishes when i need to click where i want to dig. by vanish, i mean the target cursor goes away and i just get my hand back.

Does ANYONE else have this problem?
its driving me insane...

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For t-maps just drag a shovel in a hotbar. Then set target to stored on the tmap you going to dig up. Then you only have to press the key and target the ground right away.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose, it is a problem with the targeting options. If it is not messing up your playstyle, you could test setting your targeting options to legacy. (It is under the legacy tab of your user settings.)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
For t-maps just drag a shovel in a hotbar. Then set target to stored on the tmap you going to dig up. Then you only have to press the key and target the ground right away.
This is the way I also do it so far its the easiest I have found

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have legacy targeting, and i will try this shovel hot bar thing. But what i'm really getting at is do other people have this problem with the second target cursor bugging out.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I dont unless i have it in a macro and then its usually because of no delay or something I have wrong in the macro!

Also I do NOT use legacy targeting

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have legacy targeting, and i will try this shovel hot bar thing. But what i'm really getting at is do other people have this problem with the second target cursor bugging out.
Yes I do have the same problem, but it doesn't happen often enough to make me give up on anything. I'm thinking one in three attempts, which is still quite frequently.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
just thought of something If I remember right their are some options for target queuing under the options setting you may want to check these and see if one of those is affecting it! Just a idea i have mine off