• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasures of The ArchLich Deceit Dungeon

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
See @gwen i told you they would tell you all the reasons it won't work.. just ignore it and keep getting drops in a way that's fun for you...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
See @gwen i told you they would tell you all the reasons it won't work.. just ignore it and keep getting drops in a way that's fun for you...
No one said it won't work. She does not fight the Para Rams or Eles. Like I said, players on LS are killing Undead with all kinds of pets.

Just giving options that work in all of these dungeons.

These Dungeons may be all we have for another 5 years! :lol:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Anon McDougle since this is the tips for Deceit thread.

I have noticed my Archer Bard who is running Peace Masteries has on occasion tanked some of the Paragons does not lose his Mana and has not lost his Songs. Have you noticed that also? I may try and tank with him more since the songs keep his HP up.

In the other Dungeons he lost his songs quite often which lead to a quick death.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Anon McDougle since this is the tips for Deceit thread.

I have noticed my Archer Bard who is running Peace Masteries has on occasion tanked some of the Paragons does not lose his Mana and has not lost his Songs. Have you noticed that also? I may try and tank with him more since the songs keep his HP up.

In the other Dungeons he lost his songs quite often which lead to a quick death.
I've been playing my bard mage a lot i have 251 mana 40 lmc and 30 mr i just provo disco and toss up evs i also ride a swamp for the damage reduction so i seldom get hit with the 30+ damage necessary to interrupt spellsongs

gwen

Slightly Crazed
No one said it won't work. She does not fight the Para Rams or Eles. Like I said, players on LS are killing Undead with all kinds of pets.

Just giving options that work in all of these dungeons.

These Dungeons may be all we have for another 5 years! :lol:
Para ram dies no problem at all. My thrower can stand Para PE of solo (bandage healing) Or para ram (until disarmed) FWW damages rams very good.
Poison elemental if solo against triton- no problem.
Troubles are if there are 2+rams in the pack. They have some crazy damage 160+ against pets. Even there I can just mess para running around , pet hides , para retarget to me.
This triton usually dies at the entrance of Lvl 2 . And only when I leave it there for really long time healing myself at Lvl 1

I find it best setup for pet's survival unattended . While it don't need Talon strike (I picked don't know why) acomparing to Chiv/Ai pet (dies fast with EOO trigger) or other magic abilities it is best I can use for this event. Sure warrior with healing is better . But this thrower with this pet is what I like in a way.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Once you realize these things:
A) a mage or archer can far out damage any pet in tot events due to slayer bonuses
B) the damage calculator shows little difference between 500 str and 700 str at say 50% resist, particularly if many targets are soft,
C) damage from pets appears to be cut in half for tot events,

‘then there is little reason to fuss over following the cookie cutter 700 str templates. You are better off focusing on points assignment for survivability of the pet - the meat shield is a good thing.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll Have to bring in my Garg sometime to get a set of Cloth Garg Armor. He will either be a thrower or Macer with a whip. I have thought about using this thing:
View attachment 137344

With an Undead Tali, seems like the perfect place to see how long it lasts. :)
70% Fire AND 100% Fire - seems like perfect. I have a 70% Energy area double axe that I made years ago. I either got lucky with it or forgot how nuts it was. Recently tried to make a 70% Fire area bow. Spent 500 Ash charges. Not a single area quality, much less 70%, much less 70% Fire. So, I decided that imbued 50% Fire are will do just fine :D.

mihali

Sage
So 70% etc. fire area damage hit spell will proc. 70% of the time, iirc. What will determine how much damage to 0 fire resist targets it will do? Is there something on your template like DI, STR, tact, anat that will modify this? Or is it a pre-set parameter? And in the case of Ninja, will Focus Attack modify this? Ty in advance.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So 70% etc. fire area damage hit spell will proc. 70% of the time, iirc. What will determine how much damage to 0 fire resist targets it will do? Is there something on your template like DI, STR, tact, anat that will modify this? Or is it a pre-set parameter? And in the case of Ninja, will Focus Attack modify this? Ty in advance.
I'd like to know the answer to that as well. I do know that my 50% fire area magic bow does about 10-20% damage per target compared to a single target composite bow. It is small enough where I am fairly sure the slayer damage does not apply to AoE. This is with 100%DI.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What will determine how much damage to 0 fire resist targets it will do? Is there something on your template like DI, STR, tact, anat that will modify this? Or is it a pre-set parameter?
I believe it is a pre-set parameter. I know that for the hit spells like lightning and fireball, it is the same as casting with 80 eval, even if your eval is higher than 80. I assume that the area spells are the same and nothing will modify it.

And in the case of Ninja, will Focus Attack modify this?
Focus attack will double the chance for the spell to proc, so if you have 70% hit fire area, it will proc 100% of the time. If you have 50% it will also proc 100% of the time. So 50% is enough, but you aren't always using focus attack, so 70% is probably a bit better.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do the spawners work at these events? Is there a specific number of each mob type, where you kill one and the same kind respawns elsewhere? Is there a limit on number of paragons. If I keep killing all regular poison eles and ignore paragon poison eles, will I end up with a dungeon full of paragon eles?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do the spawners work at these events? Is there a specific number of each mob type, where you kill one and the same kind respawns elsewhere? Is there a limit on number of paragons. If I keep killing all regular poison eles and ignore paragon poison eles, will I end up with a dungeon full of paragon eles?
There is a set amount of certain Mob types. Yes you could make them all paragons. Each shard can have different amounts if the Devs change it. Some dungeons only have certain areas a Mob type can spawn.
Like Ice only had 1 WW, ours was stuck in the water for a few days so we never had another WW spawn. Also the AOLs only spawned in their spots and only 3? could be made at a time. Also some days a shard can not have a certain mob type spawn. No swords days are really nice in Deceit.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
So 70% etc. fire area damage hit spell will proc. 70% of the time, iirc. What will determine how much damage to 0 fire resist targets it will do?
This is an excellent question, and I would also love to know what the formula is for certain.

I did some playing around testing, not enough test cases to post any statistical data, but I did come to the conclusion that even though it seems an awful lot like a hit spell it's actually more of a weapon special when it procs on nearby targets.

If empirical evidence suits you well enough go try this: magic shortbow with a hit area vs a composite with hit area. When the hit area procs off AI from a slayer composite you will see a BIG difference in the damage all the surrounding mobs take, whether they are within that slayer group or not.

I could be wrong but you'll see what I mean if you try it out. It looks like the hit area damage is some % of the damage of the hit that proc'd it, before resists.

For as many seemingly good weapons I've trashed instead of sold because they rolled hit area, in these events where hits matter more than kills, the hit area weapons are awesome. And hit area 70% (feeling more like 90), esp on a weapon with DS, its phenomenal.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Now I wonder what high hit area on a FWW weapon would look like, if it could proc multiple times. Im a sucker for seeing numbers all over my screen, though