• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasures of The ArchLich Deceit Dungeon

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Deceit – Ultima Online

This is a Tram Only Guide. For when the Dungeon goes Live!

Deceit has 4 levels. the Spots I have labeled for a mob means: That type of mob will spawn there.
Other random mobs will spawn everywhere but the labeled ones will spawn definitely.

It looks like they have added Spectral Swords again.

Deceit is not like the other dungeon events, all type killing templates can find places to get drops.

Mark Runes now. I only mark the entries and exits. The floors are not that big, it takes a few second to run from end to end.

Level 1

Basic low level undeads. This is a good place for new and returning players to fight.

Most every mob can poison you, bring Orange Petals if not in Vamp form. Use one of the anti steal statues. The mobs will loot you. Or carry an unopened Paragon chest, they love to loot junk from those first.

The cells are good for casting or archer/throwers. Things will be behind walls, You can use area spells to kill them, Earthquake or Thunderstorm. A fast caster can kill mobs faster than melee toons can run up to them.

Many players will drag the Paragons to the entry, so you should have a marked rune inside, away from that entry.

Level 2

More low level undeads. They progressively increase in difficulty to the exit.
Lots of doors at the beginning. Have your open door macro made. Must face the door for it to open.
Lots of rooms that the area spells EQ and Thunderstorm will go into. A couple of rooms to put annoying Paragons in.

Level 3

The Liches and Poison Ele are added here. Casters can do well, the normal Liches and PEs die with a flamestrike. Also there are rooms you can run into and area spell. This is where Melee starts working better.

Level 4

More mobs are added. Fire ele, Silver Serpents, Lich Lords, Rams

I think that hidden door is locked on some shards, you can mark a rune on each side. The hall to the Ram room is not a normal spawn area. So you can recall into the hall.

Ram Room

The Ram room can be fun and get you drops.

You can drag Paragons out to the hall and close the door, Like I took the LL and a ram out for this picture.

That platform is uneven and has some buggy spots where you or a Mob can stand and not be in line of sight. You will fall off the platform if you get too close to the edge.

There can be a crowd of mobs and they have high fame. You can get stuck on the chests and objects in the main area. Sometimes a chest will spawn right where you wanted to go.

Better to lead the Paragons out to the hall and fight them there. The LL and rams take a while to kill.

Weapons:

Most of the Mobs are Undead, so an Undead slayer is quite useful.

Most mobs are lowest in Fire resist.

So for weapons a Fire weapon with an Undead Slayer.

For casting, an Undead Slayer using lots of fire spells. Also EQ and Thunderstorm.

The Liches and Lich Lords will kill plenty of adventurers. A Fire damage Undead weapon will help you slay them faster. LL can take a while.

The Poison Elemental paragons have high HP. An elemental slayer using Fire or Cold damage is best. But they are low in fire also. These take a while to kill.

The Fire Elementals are not lowest in Fire. But the paragons are not that difficult. I just kept my Fire weapon on. Cast energy spells on them.

The Silver Serpents are low in all resists but Phy and Poison. They do not have very high HP in Paragon form.
I did not use a slayer.

The Rams have the Highest HP of the normal Mobs in Deceit.
Rams do not have a slayer, but they are also lowest in Fire resist.
You want a fire weapon with AI or DS.

The Spectral Swords have no slayer, the paragons have high HP. They must have very high resists in all. It is best to not kill them so they do not make Paragons. They take forever to kill and must have very little fame. Pound on them with AI or DS for ever till they die.

So Fire damage Undead Slayer is the most useful weapon.

A cold damage Elemental Slayer for the Eles.

A Cold Elemental slayer for the Paragon Poison Eles. So they wont take so long.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Last edited:

TrackStar

Journeyman
Good info!

I see the event started on Atlantic.

Anyone have any thoughts on what builds and tactics are doing the best right now?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good info!

I see the event started on Atlantic.

Anyone have any thoughts on what builds and tactics are doing the best right now?
Melee warrior will be best in most cases. But there are a lot of mobs that can be killed with Earthquake or Thunderstorm. The ones in the walls or it reaches thru rooms, you can follow a sampire around and kill mobs before they get to them.
Mage Tamers can do the same and use the pet on harder things. Archers/Throwers have areas where they can kill the fastest.

This is a good dungeon for all ability levels and builds, you just have to find the best way to play what you want to play.

Deschet

Journeyman
Idk. I was thinking the tali. Arms are on the list tho too, probably 2nd. Depends on what you have/need really.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Idk. I was thinking the tali. Arms are on the list tho too, probably 2nd. Depends on what you have/need really.
If I were starting a new melee toon that does not use a cameo, I would put the tali on first and build around it. It has some useful properties.

Joker21

Adventurer
Trackstar asked about template.

As much as I enjoy my sampire, I use, what some might consider an old style template. 120 macing and mastery make it more affordable to build and very effective, if you have never tried stagger give it a try.
120 macing, healing, chiv
100 tactics, anatomy, parrying
90 resist
Grugor’s shield gives you +10 parrying along with other good stats, +10 resist on ring and +10 anatomy on bracelet. He was my first char (originally a archer) so it is nice to brush the dust off his weapon and armor for these “treasures of” events. He uses a undead slayer maul for double strike and undead slayer barbed whip for WW.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use something similar, no resist.
Swords
1665262205342.png
or Macer I prefer the War Hammer.
1665262255143.png
Ill get the Arms soon to up my Strength.
1665262808821.png

Basically like I said any template that fights will kill stuff in Deceit.
We have a few players that never venture past the first floor.

Archers work Casters work, Archer/Throwers work. Tamers work.

You just have to fit your template to your style of play.

If you want to run from entry to the Ram room and back as fast as possible then Melee template or Archer/Thrower seem best for that. Mage/Tamers can recall to hot spots.

Most melee players are Sampires.

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do love Deceit. The liches down there have an ancient and complex culture. Some of them can dance! But none of you will see them dance. You are visiting their home for all the wrong reasons and they will not be hospitable to you.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do love Deceit. The liches down there have an ancient and complex culture. Some of them can dance! But none of you will see them dance. You are visiting their home for all the wrong reasons and they will not be hospitable to you.
I see them dance when I keep shotting my arrows at there phylactery

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Woot since they changed the arms to +10 stamina and Mana I was able to upgrade my chest to the Balron chest on my macer.

Now he rolls like this with Toughness.
1665340290262.png

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lmfao. Reminds me of the old Flash video on WTFMan where it had Liches doing the macarena dance. Sadly Flash videos are no longer supported, so that video seems lost now :(

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know about how much fame the Ossein Ram has? I've googled, but I can't find info, UOGuide doesn't have info on this.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gotta ""LOVE IT""!! The raging was worth it in the long run!! --Opens backpack in ""JAIL"" and eats a Hay Bale-- LOL
Bunch of new/returned players on LS. You won't know 75% of the players. But Cossack and Dollar miss you. :lol:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Something strange going on. I haven't gotten any anti-virtue dungeon drops this time around.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's my evaluation in hopes that some might find it useful.
Like others said, many templates work. The trick is to find a template agreeable to your style.
Here's my style. I hate grind. So, even though high engagement, high attention gameplay is fun, I'd really hate my life if I had to do it for months. So, what I am looking for is something low-stress, something that allows me to listen to podcasts or keep half an eye on youtube while farming, and something that has a decent return. I play on a lower-pop shard, so I don't need to compete for kills with other players.

1. Melee Sampire. Highest earnings. Highest attention required. I can't play this for hours without tiring. DIfficulty with paragons due to no leech. You can have a mixed combat/luck suit but your survivability in the crowd will suffer.
2. Tamer SW-Mage. Tamers used to be the kings of chill, but that has been nerfed into oblivion years ago. The nerfs did not necessarily make it more challenging to play. They made the gameplay more annoying and frustrating, and definitely a lot less fun. While technically yes, you can nuke roomfulls of lower level mobs with AoE spells, frequent retargeting and aggro will mean frequent deaths and a lot of frustration. Using your pet to do all the killing is slow, but allows you to wear max luck suit. If you want to use spells, SDI does not allow for much luck. Overall, the former king of PvE is not enjoyable to play anymore and does not provide adequate returns to compensate for the frustration.
3. Archer (Bushido+Healing). Earnings somewhere in between Melee and Tamer. I got about a dozen an hour without trying too hard and after a long break in the game. You can cover both Undead and Elemental slayers by using Tali and Weapon slots, or can double up on the damage for the more difficult mobs. Paragons, including ones challenging for the melee are not an issue. Easy to keep alive. Chiv is not necessary with elemental weapons. You can have a pretty high luck while still maintaining high DPS (since most low-level mobs die in one shot, you can sacrifice a bit swing speed for luck while maintaining high kill speed). Bushido is perfectly adequate for healing on this template. I use healing more as insurance and for laziness ( you can tank rather than kite if you so choose).

Overall, the archer ended up being my favorite. It's survivable and easy to play. I can tolerate this play style for hours without going crazy. The earnings are reasonable for the level of effort.

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
rail shot thanks for sharing.
On my sampires I just replaced 100 necro with 100 healing and it works just fine. Easy (mostly) to kill para-pe or Lich lords
Will try archery this days. Too lazy to make runic kits and craft bows .

My thrower is a tamer with healing . No room for Bushido or veterinary. AOE triton with real Ninjitsu (can hide and drop aggression) is hard to kill in highly populated server like ATL . Pretty relaxing for me. I never command pet , it is on guard all the time.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My thrower is a tamer with healing . No room for Bushido or veterinary. AOE triton with real Ninjitsu (can hide and drop aggression) is hard to kill in highly populated server like ATL . Pretty relaxing for me. I never command pet , it is on guard all the time.
That's a neat way to do it. I did not think of such set up. I imagine, just like with all the other pet spells, it hides randomly and not when it really needs it?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That's a neat way to do it. I did not think of such set up. I imagine, just like with all the other pet spells, it hides randomly and not when it really needs it?
I have a ninja pet and it would hide in heavy spawn leaving me to be targeted..

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I have a ninja pet and it would hide in heavy spawn leaving me to be targeted..
Yes, I am targeted .
This is why it is thrower , so with 5 slot pet I am flying away and healing on the fly. When lots of people running around paragon rarely can do heavy damage. And most of time you just hurl soul glaive killing skeletons . Much faster than sampires can run towards them.
Triton with goo skill is good at aggroing mobs to itself then dropping aggro confusing mobs. And then FWW them .

I tried spell weaving instead of taming. Works way worse for me. I don't use all of it possibilities may be .

On ATL my ping is very bad. I barely can see what happens around me and react very late.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Sure sometimes timing is wrong. But it increases pets survival rate greatly. During event in fire (spawn in Fel) such triton could stand bunch of para Succubi while, and survive enough for those to retarget to someone else. And even earn me power scroll while I was watching gray screen.
And also it heals you if you are hit and near the pet.

Comparing to ChivAi pet it is different completely and allows to play with no Veterinary at all. If no mean Para Barron's around :))

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
rail shot thanks for sharing.
On my sampires I just replaced 100 necro with 100 healing and it works just fine. Easy (mostly) to kill para-pe or Lich lords
Will try archery this days. Too lazy to make runic kits and craft bows .

I am now even more interested. Can you post your Thrower template and equipment please? I have a half finished thrower that I just might turn into a tamer after hearing this.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
I’d not only like the set up for your tamer/thrower but really curious what the full build of your triton is. Sounds really interesting to play might have to fit one in.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
1667403067159.png
Triton is one I got for free. Usually people just release such tritons, I collect them for my silly experiments like this one. Too lazy to train good one . Reminder : to have real Ninjitsu triton should be opened in Tokuno.

1667403284615.png
This is my thrower. Mostly luck pieces, 925 luck without statue. 210 Stamina, 55 SSI (with town buff), 20 if that SSI is on soul glaive. This is setup I play, so taming and lore is enough. When taking pet from stable, change jewels to get 120 taming|lore , command "All Follow me"and "Äll guard Me"
If pet is in real trouble - use rune atlas and teleport somewhere else.

1667403545417.png
I also have Cyclone, but range is waay smaller , difference is quite big.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
View attachment 137311
Triton is one I got for free. Usually people just release such tritons, I collect them for my silly experiments like this one. Too lazy to train good one . Reminder : to have real Ninjitsu triton should be opened in Tokuno.

View attachment 137312
This is my thrower. Mostly luck pieces, 925 luck without statue. 210 Stamina, 55 SSI (with town buff), 20 if that SSI is on soul glaive. This is setup I play, so taming and lore is enough. When taking pet from stable, change jewels to get 120 taming|lore , command "All Follow me"and "Äll guard Me"
If pet is in real trouble - use rune atlas and teleport somewhere else.

View attachment 137313
I also have Cyclone, but range is waay smaller , difference is quite big.
Now everyone will tell you how you really just cant with this pet or character and you'll begin to doubt ruining your fun

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Now everyone will tell you how you really just cant with this pet or character and you'll begin to doubt ruining your fun
Naaahhh
I know there is a lot to improve. To train better triton, make better gear , make a weapon with slayers for poison Elemental and Snake. Buy Whetstones and remove all DI from weapon. Switch to better ring (now just blank imbued) with SSI , and Berserker breastplate to free slot for Stamina leech . Have more cameos (now I have elemental only). This setup lack Stam leech .

I just don't feel like doing it now. May be I'll start changing gear tomorrow or will not do it at all during this event.

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I'd say that if it works for @gwen, then it's absolutely fine and I appreciate them posting their setup. But purely for the benefit of any players looking for templates for a new pet, for the MO where the pet tanks and the tamer kills that triton is suboptimal. And if you expect that triton to do a significant amount of killing, then its DPS is severely compromised by not maxing out the str. The strategy is great but would work even better with a reconfigured pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I'd say that if it works for @gwen, then it's absolutely fine and I appreciate them posting their setup. But purely for the benefit of any players looking for templates for a new pet, for the MO where the pet tanks and the tamer kills that triton is suboptimal. And if you expect that triton to do a significant amount of killing, then its DPS is severely compromised by not maxing out the str. The strategy is great but would work even better with a reconfigured pet.
The pet has 700 strength in that picture.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@railshot this pet is for limited time events like current one. As I understand how it works, priority is not to kill as many mobs as possible, but to get as many looting rights on mobs as possible. While killing also works, you don't need it on busy shard. And surely pet need to stay alive since I have no ways to heal pet at all ( no Veterinary and no Chivalry)
So I choose maxing HP instead of STR. Also STR has no influence on FWW or Explosive Goo damage . Both are main skills of this pet. This is why INT is maxed : I need Mana more than STR . More Mana - more goo triggered .
I can be wrong , those were my thoughts when I was making this triton.

This pet is not for tanking , it is to increase my thrower' damage output with even more AOE. It is good investment of 200 skill point on my character. At least better than Necro/SS or spellweaving in different combination.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@railshot this pet is for limited time events like current one. As I understand how it works, priority is not to kill as many mobs as possible, but to get as many looting rights on mobs as possible. While killing also works, you don't need it on busy shard. And surely pet need to stay alive since I have no ways to heal pet at all ( no Veterinary and no Chivalry)
So I choose maxing HP instead of STR. Also STR has no influence on FWW or Explosive Goo damage . Both are main skills of this pet. This is why INT is maxed : I need Mana more than STR . More Mana - more goo triggered .
I can be wrong , those were my thoughts when I was making this triton.

This pet is not for tanking , it is to increase my thrower' damage output with even more AOE. It is good investment of 200 skill point on my character. At least better than Necro/SS or spellweaving in different combination.
You and your pet do not share the drop credits. That works with individual players.
A FWW/AI/Chiv Triton with 700 str only costs the Chiv scroll more. It could also tank since it has healing and it could do more damage to the higher paragons. Since you recall out when they appear it doesn't matter. But this type pet works in all encounters, not just the ones with 1 and 2 hit kill mobs.

But I do use an AI/Chiv Hiryu to kill paragons at the entry. :)

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Oh damn I don't know the EC stat sheet.

400 str and 1000 HP? It can kill skeletons, the tamer has to do the killing.
This is exactly what I need . Kill many skeletons . Together we kill waaay more skeletons and ghouls then tamer with Consume being Chiv/AI pet's scared battery.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is exactly what I need . Kill many skeletons . Together we kill waaay more skeletons and ghouls then tamer with Consume being Chiv/AI pet's scared battery.
Players on LS are using all kinds of pets, Saurosaurus, Triceratops, Bouras. Skeles are pretty easy.
(Thats why I have a guy at the entry to kill the Paragons that pop up)

I use this with my Archer Tamer with no vet. Can kill more than skeles.

1667526297243.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll Have to bring in my Garg sometime to get a set of Cloth Garg Armor. He will either be a thrower or Macer with a whip. I have thought about using this thing:
1667526839653.png

With an Undead Tali, seems like the perfect place to see how long it lasts. :)