• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] TREASURE HUNTER TEMPLATE HELP

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is my current (Dec 2019) treasurer hunter with the new changes to the t-map system:

120 Magery
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
120 Spellweaving
100 Cartography
100 Remove Trap
100 Lockpicking

I run with 780 total skill points total, thus with +60 on items. For this template, a Crystalline Ring is most useful (+20 Magery, +20 Focus). I gain the other skill points off a Mystic's Memento talisman (+10 Focus) and +10 skill on the bracelet. I imbue the bracelet to fit the +10 skill, but if you had a perfect artifact from the loot system that would work too. I do use a -0 Mage Weapon for defense. You could offset this with additional skill on the suit if you have a -15 or -20 Mage Weapon.

I run in protection with a level 6 spellweaving focus. My active mastery is a level 3 in Spellweaving which means I only need to find one other skilled weaver to have my full focus. I actually operate in wraith form as a human (JOAT 20 SS) during execution of each map. This allows me to leech back mana from the big hits with WOD. I'm already on foot so I find this is not an additional mobility hindrance. I have a few pieces with additional necromancy skill so I can cast wraith form, then I put back on my normal suit. My technique is to dig up the chest to find the location then purposefully disrupt the digging process. Then I use a 10th anniversary statue for the luck bonus (one hour duration every 24 hours), cast gift of life, and summon a Rising Colossus. Then I finish the digging. As the chest emerges, I immediately cast invisibility. I still take some damage but the invis is good enough to create a slight distraction as I run away then immediately invis again. Then the RC starts doing the hard part. Once I break aggro, I cast Arcane Empowerment to boost the power of my RC. I don't let the RC do it all alone. I replace the RCs and AE as needed and then once things are manageable I get into the fray by casting either mysticism or spellweaving spells. WOD is the clean-up spell, but there are others which are useful to get rid of the spawn faster. Once the spawn is dead, I head to the chest. I dispel and then place a new RC, then I remove trap. Even with 100 RT, I still have to kill a few ancient chest guardians. I use the same technique as before with the invisibility and the RC/AE combo. Be ready to chase down grubbers. I use bombard typically to hit the grubber. He's fast since I'm on foot, but I can get him. Each time a grubber appears, it takes one item from the chest. Don't forget to loot the grubber. Then back to RT until you defeat the trap mechanism. Then lockpicking is necessary to unlock the higher level chests. Once I defeat the lock, I open it and carefully remove the items inside. I always keep my RC within distance for the spawn that occasionally arrives. Don't keep taking items out of the chest until you kill the individually spawned mobs. This precludes having to fight more than one critter. The RC can only target one mob at a time.

That's my technique and setup. I welcome any suggestions to make it better. I plan to try this with Taming/Lore instead of Myst/Focus in the future and see which I like better. I also have a non-treasure hunter version of this same character with Music/Discord that is one of my favorite mage templates for current game content.

-OBSIDIAN-