• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] TREASURE HUNTER TEMPLATE HELP

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Howdy folks,

Being that I have two tamers, two paladins, two bards, a sampire, a mystic mage, a stealth archer, a wraith archer, a thrower and a crafter... I was debating what I should do for my next template. I wanted to give a shot to making a Treasure Hunter.

Here are my (lucky) seven questions:

1) What is your template? Give me your skill setup!

2) Are you using any particular gear / weapons special for T-Hunting purposes? In example, is there any special type of shovel or lock pick or anything like that which is needed?

3) Do you have mining on your template? I asked this in TeamSpeak the other day and got two distinctly different answers. I wanted to pose the question to the group here as well.

4) Please confirm for me: Miasma is the only boss/monster that drops level 7 maps?

5) Are there any maps you avoid doing? In example, I recall helping someone with a level 7 map in Ilshenar and there was two of those nasty renegade changelings who pretty much owned us.

6) What are the best rewards/loot/treasure you're getting off of doing maps? Furthermore, is it worth it to do?

7) How much luck are you wearing on your suit? Do you only need the luck when you actually dig up and open the chest? Or do you need to wear it the entire time?

Any help here is very much appreciated.

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Here are my (lucky) seven questions:

120 Mystic, Focus, 100 locks, stealth, hide, mining and 80 magery.

2) Are you using any particular gear / weapons special for T-Hunting purposes? In example, is there any special type of shovel or lock pick or anything like that which is needed?

No, just the run of the mill shovel and lock picks

3) you have mining on your template? I asked this in TeamSpeak the other day and got two distinctly different answers. I wanted to pose the question to the group here as well.

Very handy for locating the spot after getting the co ords from Davies Locker.

4) Please confirm for me: Miasma is the only boss/monster that drops level 7 maps?

No idea, sorry. Miasma is the one I go to for lvl 6's

5) Are there any maps you avoid doing? In example, I recall helping someone with a level 7 map in Ilshenar and there was two of those nasty renegade changelings who pretty much owned us.

Only lvl 7 fell maps because they sell (5-10 mill) for a lot more than you normally get in the loot

6) What are the best rewards/loot/treasure you're getting off of doing maps? Furthermore, is it worth it to do?

The SOTS and SOA's are a good seller, plus the varnishes and vines etc are good for points. I basically leave 90% of the loot behind and keep the odd piece if it's an average legendary and above...

7) How much luck are you wearing on your suit? Do you only need the luck when you actually dig up and open the chest? Or do you need to wear it the entire time?

2460 without the fell boost and lucky statue. You get a luck check when you start to dig the spot. It doesn't make much difference anyway because the loot is still terrible :)

My luck suit is 100 LRC and full resists so I just wear it all the time.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer and Level 6 treasure chests drop Level 7 t-maps, never got one from Miasma but she drops Level 6 chests (so level 6 t-maps)... for sure you want full luck suit while digging and only do fel if you want better loot ;)

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

I changed last year - I loved playing a bard, but L6 and L7s are a problem. I switched to the following and can solo anything:

120 Magery
120 Focus
120 Mysticism
120 Spellweaving
100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking

It relies heavily on Rising Collosus and Word of Death, but I don't have to deal with the failures with Provocation.

Nothing special. I use the 10-charge lockpick that you'll find in treasure chests, but not sure I'm actually getting a +10 skill boost at GM. My regular suit is 70s resist with a lot of mana regen. I use the EC -insta-swap to wear a luck suit when digging.

3) Do you have mining on your template? I asked this in TeamSpeak the other day and got two distinctly different answers. I wanted to pose the question to the group here as well.

Nope. With the EC I can see enough of the map; I get happy when I nail the spot on the first try. If I missing, I start working a grid and can usually find it in 5 minutes or less. I don't need to mess with soulstones and the extra 100 points are needed.

I think Miasma only drops 6s, and you only get 7s in the L6 treasure chests. My info may be out of date though.

I solo the renegade changelings. The trick is to be invisible so it doesn't mimic you. So I run on-off screen and cast RCs. If I'm going to do an hour of t-hunting, I'll carry some blank runes and mark 4 spots in advance. Then I recall home, touch my luck statue for the extra luck boost, and I can usually solo and completely clean-loot 4 treasure chests (lots'of recalling, banking, and dropping loot in some empty chests at home to evaluate later).

I like it cuz it's my own little personal dungeon. All of my characters were stuff from t-hunts. In Fel L7s I usually get a Legendary or two.

After touching the luck statue I have 2845 Luck. You have to wear your luck suit for the first dig (and I'm suspicious that you might actually have to wear it until the chest appear), but then switch to your fighting suit.

NinjaSampire

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
1) Mage 120
Musicianship 120
Provo 120
Cart 100
Lock100
Mining 100
Had 100 peace currently working on switching out with disco. This way when I am looting the chest(I use cc so i do not get the grid view), and i spawn a solo beast I can cast ev's and disco making the solo battle a little easier. I do use mining it reduces my frustration levels, alot with the extra leeway you get with the four tile cushion.

2.) My suit is medable all 70's 1800 luck before any buffs(statue,sphynx...etc.) I do not have resist spells so malas level 6's when they spawn devour of souls like to suck my mana. So I have a mana pool of 235 with lots of mr.
Specials i use: I use the skeleton key for all maps because theyare common and pretty cheap. When i do level 7 maps and get a gold master skeleton key I save it and use it for level 7 fel maps.
I use conjueres luck garb and lucky charm in my suit.

I am getting way out of sequence here, ADD got me lol. If you ever want to do a couple maps holler at me pm and I can show you how I go about getting the booty. Its fun, the last few months Loot has been hit or miss, but its fun none the less. I can solo all level 6/7 except level 7 ish. Post above seems to have figure out those darn renegade changelings im gonna give that method a try. They are tough.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Taming
Lore
Vet
Magery
Cart
Lockpicking

None

Nope, use the Davies Locker for the coordinates

Miasma drops level 6 maps (reliably). I think Scalis, Corgul and Pirates can have level 7 maps, but it seems easier to get them out of level 6 chests.

I throw Ilsh ones away for points just because you cant mark and recall back to them.

Pardons, Talismas, Tasty Treats, Alacrity, Trans...

Two suits on switch with EC... 2400 luck suit when you start the dig, swap to regular suit as soon as the mobs spawn.

My strategy... because I have multiple accounts, I usually have my 4x bard there as well with two trained vollums running peace songs. Run consume damage on the tamer, and precast invis as you dig. Between the peace songs and consume damage the dragon is a pretty effective tank no matter what pops. Send in the vollums for extra damage. Provoke the smaller spawn onto the harder spawn. Disco as needed.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Tasty treats? I've been throwing those away for points. Does somebody buy them?

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
1)100 cart
100 lockpick
100 mining
110 fishing
110 mystic
100 focus
100 magery

2)I have a sc pickaxe with 190 luck equipped that I also use for the digging

3)yes

4)I'm not sure miasmas drop lvl 7 maps

5)I only do lvl 6 or 7 fel maps

6)The occasional legendary pieces. Yes the fel maps are pretty good.

7)2215 luck. I believe the luck check happens when you dig up the chest.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100 mage + book = 115
120 myst
110 spellweave
90 focus + Mystics Momento = gm
100 lockpick
100 cart
100 mining
For luck I just touch a statue

Miasma drops level 5 maps and chests with level 6 maps in. Most level 7 maps come from digging up those level 6s and finding a 7 in the chest.

I don't actually sell much, but I bring back any item that has 'artifact' in the description to unravel. Relic fragments can be sold too.

My suit is geared to 70s resists and mana regen. I cast a reaper as I'm digging and invis as the spawn appears, then RC's after that. Reaper will keep the whole group distracted, RC only one of them.

Chaim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I just came back after close to 2 years away. I use the mysticism template. Just a luck/LRC suit cause I don't fight...I RC and invis lol. But it works well for me. The only thing I've had much trouble with were frost dragons.

I am wondering about loot tho. Seems like since I came back level 6 map loot is lacking. Was there a nerf? I'm just trying to re-gear other characters cause I quit kind of suddenly and lost a lot of my gear that was in my house.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just came back after close to 2 years away. I use the mysticism template. Just a luck/LRC suit cause I don't fight...I RC and invis lol. But it works well for me. The only thing I've had much trouble with were frost dragons.

I am wondering about loot tho. Seems like since I came back level 6 map loot is lacking. Was there a nerf? I'm just trying to re-gear other characters cause I quit kind of suddenly and lost a lot of my gear that was in my house.
According to the Devs, there was no loot nerf.
According to any player who actually did treasure maps, the loot got beat down hard with the ugly stick.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
115 Mage
110 Tame
110 Lore
100 Cart
100 LP
100 Mining (It was supposed to be weaving but found I need Mining)
85 Med

Yes, my character is using a max gargoyle luck suit that I bought pre built (something I rarely do), mainly because I made one previously and it was a pain in the arse. The weapon isn't a Mage Weapon so it's not perfect, but has max luck/resists/lrc/lmc/mr and 2/6 with a few other mods.

I use the Pickaxe from the New Haven new player quest because it is blessed.

I use the Skeleton Keys (gold ones for Fel level 7's) down to 1 charge then hand them in for clean up points.

3) Do you have mining on your template?
Yes, unless there's some sort of exact co-ord finding add on in the EC then it's necessary. I can pretty much tell any location in UO just from looking at the map having ran over most of it for many years, I found the Davies Locker doesn't give exact co-ords, some were more than a screen off. If you have UOA typing "-where" in game puts your co-ords on the screen so no need to carry a sextant.

As others have said, it's the most reliable method of getting them.

5's and lower I just hand in for clean up points.

Pardons, SOT's/Alacrity, most of the stuff in there is clean up points at worst, legendary artifacts. It's hit and miss how worth it they are, for the time/effort I'd say they're probably better than most other things you can do, though they can get boring after a while. I like to get setup so that I have 5-10 level 7's, all with the locations marked so I can just hit the Luck statue and get through as many as possible before it goes down again.

Whatever max for gargoyle is, plus the statue, I don't know if you need it on all the time but mine is.

They're all soloable just with a Greater Dragon and Consume Damage.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I may be a little late but here is my disco mystic template...

tmapTemplate.jpg

I get skill points from both sets of jewelry (60 total) to get 780 total points.
I swap Cart out with mining and decode about 10 maps at once then put mining back on. Cart is no longer needed once you de-code the map (but only for the char that de-codes it)
It helps to be a Garg so you can run/fly at full mount speed while an RC is summoned.
It can solo all of the level 7 maps. Ilsh, fel and tram are a little tricky and take some practice but once u get it down, no problemo

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Mining on THunter
I think I'm right on this but not sure since I have no comparison. With mining you can find the chest from a few tiles away and I'm aware that with the Locker, it gives the co-ordinates but the ones I have tried from it I found to be way off and I can find it a lot faster just using maps and experience. That aside and this is what I don't know but I think since I have 100 Mining, I can dig for the chest from further away, which means that when the chest pops the monsters don't spawn right on top of me, I have those 7 or 8 tiles to run if i have to and to me this is a giant advantage.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I don't find the monsters spawning on top of me to be a problem anymore. It seems to me that used to be instant-death, and timing of the invis spell was important.

Now I pre-cast invis and when the monsters pop, I hit the target-self button and run off screen. Most of the time I take no damage at all if I'm faster than the monsters. Then I come back and relieve the monsters of their loot.

Nightmare of GL

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I changed last year - I loved playing a bard, but L6 and L7s are a problem. I switched to the following and can solo anything:

120 Magery
120 Focus
120 Mysticism
120 Spellweaving
100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking

It relies heavily on Rising Collosus and Word of Death, but I don't have to deal with the failures with Provocation.

Nothing special. I use the 10-charge lockpick that you'll find in treasure chests, but not sure I'm actually getting a +10 skill boost at GM. My regular suit is 70s resist with a lot of mana regen. I use the EC -insta-swap to wear a luck suit when digging.

Nope. With the EC I can see enough of the map; I get happy when I nail the spot on the first try. If I missing, I start working a grid and can usually find it in 5 minutes or less. I don't need to mess with soulstones and the extra 100 points are needed.

I think Miasma only drops 6s, and you only get 7s in the L6 treasure chests. My info may be out of date though.

I solo the renegade changelings. The trick is to be invisible so it doesn't mimic you. So I run on-off screen and cast RCs. If I'm going to do an hour of t-hunting, I'll carry some blank runes and mark 4 spots in advance. Then I recall home, touch my luck statue for the extra luck boost, and I can usually solo and completely clean-loot 4 treasure chests (lots'of recalling, banking, and dropping loot in some empty chests at home to evaluate later).

I like it cuz it's my own little personal dungeon. All of my characters were stuff from t-hunts. In Fel L7s I usually get a Legendary or two.

After touching the luck statue I have 2845 Luck. You have to wear your luck suit for the first dig (and I'm suspicious that you might actually have to wear it until the chest appear), but then switch to your fighting suit.

I'm a returning player I have a question I see you have 680 points in use with this templete so what are you doing with the rest of the 40 un-used points?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm a returning player I have a question I see you have 680 points in use with this templete so what are you doing with the rest of the 40 un-used points?
The remaining points are in Meditation, gives me a bit more recovery to cast more spells.

I have a 2nd t-hunter (well, 3, but one is also a thief with hding and stuff, unable to solo anything). T-Hunter #1 is the one above,
upload_2017-6-26_11-43-20.png

The 2nd is a tamer,
upload_2017-6-26_11-45-31.png

This one is sort of in transition since I decided vet was more useful than mining.

LuthoreCats

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I'm a bit late to the party but I've been using this template since just after Mysticism came out. I can solo any T-Map anywhere with this template.

Gargy that stands like a chicken behind the Colossus and Pops them with WOD. Dispelling isnt too much of an issue with Weaving mastery(now) and Arc Emp.... The WOD is handy for that annoying last bit of health.

120 Myst (80 natural) I have 10 from fallen mystic book and 30 on jewels (I never got around to raising my Myst. Should have magery at 80 and Myst to 110 natural)
120 Focus (110 Natural) 10 on a jewel
120 Weaving
110 Magery (GM works here. I just hate failing gate lol) Main need for magery is invis for me. I also use mind blast for direct as it doesnt need Eval Int
100 Mining
100 Lock
100 Cart
(I have about 50 points on jewels and book)
This setup works well if I want to use this toon outside T-Maps. I just stone off the Mining/Lock/Cart for Hiding/Med/(res spells or stealth)

Not really. Just use the stored feature on Enhanced Client for turbo digging. I probably dont need GM mining but it easily fits. I also always use skellie keys but I have a never ending supply of them

I roll with GM. Just cause It fits. If I needed space I would lose a bit here.

To my knowledge I've only ever gotten 7's in L6 chests.

I do em all solo. Even the Ilsh 7's I cast Colossus and time my hide for just before the guardians pop. I then pick them off one at a time after I run.

Its just fun. Nothing out of this world. Also it keeps my Imbuer in relic frags

As others said earlier in post. I just touch the statue before I go on a T-hunt binge.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I just stone Vet and Eval off my Mage/Sw/Tamer and stone Carto and Lockpicking over onto it. But... I have grown into a "I like to play lazily" type mentality over the last year :D

DDesire

Adventurer

120 Magery
120 Focus
120 Mysticism
120 Spellweaving
100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking

Hello Dizzy,

making a Thunter and your build seems the most interesting, however why 120 magery if I may ask?

thanks

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Um, because I have it. :) He's my main, I like the idea of having 120's.

But I could probably get by with less. I use the occasional circle 8 spells; before I start picking the lock, I mount up and cast EV's. They're fast and will chase down a grubber.

Also, if I get summoned wraiths and liches, I may use earth elementals. The RC won't attack those, and I can direct the earth elementals.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Note, though, you can use Summon Fey or Summon Fiend the same way against the undead.

But, I agree with Dizzy - if you can fit the skill, without it being at the cost of another, why NOT take it all the way?

The only weakness I see is only 40 points (plus equipment) for Eval or Resist - though a Katalkotl's Ring or Crystalline Ring can be used to get a huge chunk of additional skill, before factoring in a bracelet and other potential skill items (talisman, spellbooks, the elfwear-only craftables, Mark of the Travesty, etc.)

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Huh. Summon Fey is effective? I haven't cast that spell since I collected the scroll.

My last 40 points is in Med, but it's not really useful enough anywhere.

Hoopah

Visitor
Hello, I am a 2nd time returning player. I played at launch and had a treasure hunter when it was introduced...it was a blast.

Came across this guide a month or more ago and I based my build on Dizzy's template. I went with 110 Mysticim with a +15 on bracelet, 80 Magery with a +15 on bracelet to make me 95 Magery and that still gives me 100% invisibility, 110 Spellweaving, 100 lockpick, 100 cartography, 120 focus and 100 meditation.

I don't see a need for 120 Magery, without Eval Int your magery is just worthless...I just use it for Recall, Mark, Gate and Invisibility. I solo level 6 maps relatively easy, and a friend and I tried a level 7 map that wasn't too much of a problem. I am having a ton of fun again.

The only thing I want to try is stoning off 100 Meditation for 100 Mining...I think it would just be much easier to find the treasure location ASAP. I have no mining ATM, and sometimes I find the treasure in 5 minutes and sometimes it takes me 15-25 minutes, kind of annoying.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I have 0 mining and don't have much trouble, at least in EC. It takes lining up the map with the onscreen just right. I pat myself on the back if I get it right on the very first dig attempt, and that's about 50% of the time. Rarely does it take me more than a minute.

That said, Meditation isn't all that necessary. I have plenty of mana for the RCs and the WoD.

Waitasec, I don't have Meditation. I have focus for the RC.

Hoopah

Visitor
Am I using WOD wrong? When I cast it on something at 20% or less life it doesn't do much damage at all...the way I read it I thought it would pretty much insta kill the target.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
sounds like you haven't participated in an arcane circle to buff WoD. without the buff, WoD is useless, with the buff 300+ damage is possible when there's less than 32% life left.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
sounds like you haven't participated in an arcane circle to buff WoD. without the buff, WoD is useless, with the buff 300+ damage is possible when there's less than 32% life left.
In fact, my Weaver (who isn't my T-hunter), with a level 6 focus, routinely has WOD hit for 590-610 against boss-level creatures, depending on the target and spellbook held (the character has, depending on which spellbook is in use and if I used my city's trade deal, as much as 102% SDI, half being from suit, the other half from book and trade deal bonus). A weaver T-hunter with a level 6 focus, with a minimal amount of SDI (25%-30% or so) should be able to get close to 400 a shot

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
My max off the top of my head was 392, but I was afk when I wrote that. Good to see I wasn't imagining it.

I don't focus on SDI because I don't really need it, though I might buff up a little to see if renegade changelings are any easier.

Famine1

Visitor
I don't see a need for 120 Magery, without Eval Int your magery is just worthless...I just use it for Recall, Mark, Gate and Invisibility. I solo level 6 maps relatively easy, and a friend and I tried a level 7 map that wasn't too much of a problem. I am having a ton of fun again.

The only thing I want to try is stoning off 100 Meditation for 100 Mining...I think it would just be much easier to find the treasure location ASAP. I have no mining ATM, and sometimes I find the treasure in 5 minutes and sometimes it takes me 15-25 minutes, kind of annoying.

I keep magery on my t-hunter mostly for EV's. Start digging, drop 2 EV's to keep the nasties occupied (allows me to stay mounted to leg it off screen when the chest pops), then wander back and use RC's once the EV's have expired. I don't think I've died on a lv 6 using this method yet..famous last words.

As for mining, I personally find it useful, I stone off cartography for mining when I've decoded a bunch of maps, as once the map is decoded, cartography is pretty much a redundant 100 points when actually doing the hunt.

Dashiel

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am struggling a bit trying to get the right template. I am trying to use skills I already have so mysticism is not an option. I have magery, weaving, cartography, lock picking, mining, meditation. I guess I am just not used to spells doing low damage without eval. I also could use a sampire template, necro mage..... Right now I just pop the treasure amid evs and run. I then keep dropping evs while chaining flamestrike or similar. Do I need a template shift or just better tactical approach?

Sent from my 9024W using Tapatalk

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It's not likely you'll be able to solo an L6 with that template. I have 2 templates that can solo L7; one with Mysticism/Spellweaving, the other with Taming. I've never tried a sampire template, but with only 520 points available after Cartography/Lockpicking, not sure how feasible one is.

TaldarinZPhoenix

Adventurer
Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread but I find it worth mentioning a second time.
You dont need cartography once you decode the maps
AND
You dont need mining once you have found the tile with the chest.
This will free up 200 points on a template.
Find the chest, mark a rune, recall home, stone off 100 mining and stone on lockpicking.
I use
120 Music
120 Provo (provo mastery)
120 disco
120 Focus
120 mystic (RC)
100 lockpick(or mining when searching for chest)
64 spellweaving (arcane empower)
This is after jewels.

And I have 55 magery on swap jewels/Spellbook for rune marking with scrolls.

And to be fair, renegade changlings are a pain in the butt no matter what your template is.

Fractal

Visitor

120 Magery
120 Focus
120 Mysticism
120 Spellweaving
100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking

Can you please tell me where goes the extra 40 skills points ? Meditation ? If not how do you regenerate mana ?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yes, in Meditation. I find it's more than enough.

upload_2018-5-4_21-49-48.png

artyboy

Visitor

115 mysitc
115 focus
GM Mage
GM Lockpicking
GM Cartography
GM Mining

The rest is in Wrestling with the intention to move it to spellweaving.

I use skeleton keys to pop locks. They don't seem to make a difference but they cost nothing. I'd prefer to have a really nice, high luck spell channeling pickaxe to dig with but for now I just keep a shovel on me.

Yes. Mining just makes things easier and I don't have space for it on my mule, anymore.

Miasma drops 6s

I do tmaps mostly for imbuing materials so I don't like Ilshenar. I want to be able to loot everything to blow it all up. Not being able to easily recall in and out makes them more trouble than they're worth. I save Ilshenar 6s for guild hunts. Tokuno maps can also be a pain because a lot of them are in high spawn areas. Just lure the spawn away then do your map.

I am leveling my imbuing mostly by blowing up crap from treasure hunts. I have an easily accessible bag full of empty bags by my front door. As I walk out the door I make sure I have an empty bag on me. I have a stack of chests by my soulforge that I dump bags off at. After those chests get full I go through everything and pull out anything that seems worthwhile. Admittedly I have low standards for what's "good" but I make decent money selling suits that I build from Thunts. I rarely find anything that I would use but I can put a decent suit together that's worth a few hundred k to a mil or more after a chest or two. It's up to you if it's worth it.

My suit has 1700+ luck. I wear mine the entire time because I also kill and loot all of the spawn. It seems like it makes a difference to have a decent luck suit. Also, you basically just have to cast RC and invis to solo most maps.

Specialist

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i have a t-hunter on Chesapeake that is a pure mage build 120 magery, 120 med, 120 eval, mining, lockpicking, cart I use a lot of slayer spellbooks and just blast down most the spawn using the accurate slayer. I solo everything except lvl 7s in ish mainly cause of the renegade changelings. I have solo'd tokuno lvl 7s but they can be tricky with the yamadons and the horrible misc spawns in some areas. 7s in trammel/fel, malas, tur mer are all really easy just peel off the monster and slayer them down using spells that hit for their lowest resist. ancient wyrms dragon slayer chain lightning, frost dragons u aren't taming dragon slayer flamestrike, balrons demon slayer chain lightning, elemental slayers destroy any elementals u come acrossed, for the hiryus dragon slayer and ebolts, lady of the snow undead slayer and flame strike, yamadons snake slayer ebolts.

Knowing what to expect to spawn and preparing for it makes it go so much easier i rarely use evs just because my main spells deal more damage faster. If u are having trouble with a specific monster i recommend finding a nature spawn in the game and practicing on them so u can learn to take them down better in a t-map spawn.

I posted that on a different thread about the same thing felt it covered most of ur questions

1) answered above
2) answered above (bag of sending to send the gold so ur not overweight)
3) answered above
4) lvl 6 only
5) I try to do them all if the map is in a rough location with lots of misc spawn or in a small location I usually bring a guildie or 2 just to make it go easier
6) pinkies, alacrities, forged pardons, coffin parts, occasionally legendary artifact then I take the other loot and unravel it and get relic frags to sell
7) 0 luck never saw a reason to use it.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yup, I'm still running the same template.

SlipperyPete

Visitor
Just came back to the game a few months ago. Current Thunter setup

Magery, Taming, Lore, Vet, Cart, LP, mining
I'll be removing vet once my cu is fully trained

I wear a luck suit (1720 currently) 100 lrc, mr, mi

I do up to lvl 5 maps myself, above that I do them with another tamer friend. Skeleton keys on lvl 6 and 7 maps, lvl 7 maps can come from lvl 6 chests as well.

Davies locker as well. I'll normally hit a chest within 2 or 3 swings. I do on occasion get a difficult one that doesn't want to be found and it takes about 10 minutes or so to find. There is also the off chance that a spot is under a building .. had that happen a couple times. If a map is decoded but not dug up it will refresh the location after 30 days. So don't toss any you couldn't get.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Well, with that last publish, I've stone off spellweaving and working up Remove Trap. So now I'm relying primarily on the Rising Colossus.

Lot's of mana regen primarily. Mysticism mastery. Not much else is necessary, I'm wearing a hodgepodge of legendary items from treasure chests.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Using gargie mystic 120, Spellweaver 120, magery 95 -110 with jewels, carto 100, remove trap 70 -capped there, imbuing 120, Lock pick 100. Luck suit I made, 150's in pieces, 450 rings, shield 150, mage garg sword 150, luck trinket, luck garg boots-minax.
Dig up with luck suit usually total luck 2800-3k with 10th aniv. item.Did not want to blow away 50-60 M for the metal tool of artifacts, esp since I do not have that kind of $.
Cast the SW tree close to chest to suck up the guardians and get aggro off me. Run quickly few steps away, Switch suits to my spell-casting suit (one key press), and get after the spawn blasting it away. For the big stuff RC, and WOD at end of the big stuff.
At the end . of all this including lev 7 maps (there is really no more lev 7 -- its now lev 5..), what do I get? Mostly junk, and in Fel usually useless PS 110..
But this combo works, and it does get all the levels of chests, higher levels take a little longer of course.
As said so far never got other than deco items, the colored stones, and crap, and useless PS from Fel, also some pinks and blues. Not a single loot item worth the effort so far.
But you know how things are : The RNG is pretty nasty with some people.
By the way so far no problem with RT in the 70 range..I hope the nerf hovermobile leavs this one alone, at least for now.

Mero1789

Visitor
My last Treasure Hunting was in the Year 2004 ... I like it very much.
Now I build a new Treasure Hunter:
Mysticism 120
Focus 100
Cartography 100
Remove Trap 100
Lock Picking 100
Hide 100
Stealth 60
Magery 40

I m looking forward to the loot and fun