• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasure chest spot underneath a house

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, so I ran into a treasure chest today that is stuck underneath a house.

When they randomized locations I thought they had a system in place where the chest would pop up underneath the house sign if this was the case?

Has that system been changed? Has that part of the code become borked during some update a while ago? Should I do something specific to get that chest out instead of waiting a week for the map to reset?

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never heard of a system that moved t-chests but I been away for a bit so mayb it got added? I also thought it was a month to reset maps.. think I’m outta the loop on this one.

I alway just tossed ‘em back in the table for later.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Same happened to me and bizarrely it was my husband's house! I asked him to move it but he thought I was joking, so I just waited the month for it to reset! :D

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone checked what happened to the map location if it will be transferred to another shard?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
From my experience, if the chest is under a house, and you can get close enough to DIG, it will pop out.

If it's too far in, it can't be dug.

Also, as the last tends to be keeps and castles more than 18x18s, the differing foundations of the standardized houses versus customs may also play a role.