• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tinkering] Trapped boxes that aren't locked

A

AdrianD

Ok, so someone gave me a box, I opened it, kaboom, box was trapped.

So, I start messing around with my Tinker, to try and make one, because i remembered that it was the act of locking the box that set the trap.

Lo and behold, I'm right. Box locked, is trapped, box not locked, untrapped.

So I try locking it, and use magic unlock, open the box, no kaboom.

How the heck did they do that?

C

Capt.E

There are a couple of ways to use trap boxes. I will explain how I make them. First, I make a small crate with my gm carp, gm tink. Then I get on my fisherman who has 35.5 tink and make a dart trap box and lock it. Then I get on my Mage or lockpick and open the box. It depends on the direction the box is facing when this is done. It only works when facing north-south. If the box is facing east-west it will not work properly. Then when you put the box in your pack it also must be north-south. To get it to drop and not change direction can be a pain but if you put it onto the ground and move it around until it is facing the correct direction, then pick it up and drop it on your character's head it goes the right way most of the time. You can't really move it around, but I am addicted to them for my non-resist toons. All my pvp toons carry them.

A

AdrianD

so if i make the box, then magic unlock it, as long as it is north-south facing it will still blow up?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you make the box and place it on the ground it should be laying in this direction /. You then lock it and place the trap, then change the direction to \ and have a mage magic unlock then magic lock it. You need to have it facing this direction \ in your pack when you use it in order to have the trap go off. If the mage forgets to magic lock the crate, it will go off and the crate will open, which is very bad in PVP, because you have to close the crate in order to use it again.