• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Transfer question

calibek

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a question about character transfers. If I were to transfer one character to another shard with a soulstone with a skill on it will the soulstone transfer with the skill intact? Also how would i go about transfering a LARGE amount of stuff on 1 character? Is the current way to buy pack horses and fill them with stuff and they transfer over as well even if they aren't bonded?

G

galefan2004

I have a question about character transfers. If I were to transfer one character to another shard with a soulstone with a skill on it will the soulstone transfer with the skill intact?
Yes. Remember that you have to guy all new powerscrolls when creating the new character to claim those skills. I brought my mule skills over to Legends from LS when I transfered, so in a sense I got 2 transfers for the price of 1.

Also how would i go about transfering a LARGE amount of stuff on 1 character?

Is the current way to buy pack horses and fill them with stuff and they transfer over as well even if they aren't bonded?
You get to bring 900 items (including pets in the stable). Pack horses that are unbonded will transfer. Your bank box will hold 125 items and your backpack will hold another 125 items. Anything really heavy should go into your bank box because it has no weight limit. The pack horses are weighted at 1600 stones and your backpack is weighted based on your strength.

calibek

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
same with soulstone fragments? I have a lot of skills i would like to transfer but the main one is taming (god i hate training it) so i figure i can buy fragments, transfer skills over to those then transfer that over. Will it work the same way with fragments. (hell i just may transfer my mule too...I'd hate to retrain all those craft skills)

G

galefan2004

same with soulstone fragments? I have a lot of skills i would like to transfer but the main one is taming (god i hate training it) so i figure i can buy fragments, transfer skills over to those then transfer that over.
I'm confused why you would transfer any character other than a tamer if you have a tamer. It takes a lot to get a tamer started on a new shard even if you have the skills. Trust me, if you have decent pets, you don't want to get all new pets again then wait a week before you can even start training them wait another week before they can actually take on anything worthwhile.

Yes same with fragments. I only own two actual soulstones on my account. There is no limit to the ammount of soulstones and fragments you can transfer and they all retain skills. One can only wonder if EA will eventually catch on to the "abuse" of soulstones/frags to get around having to transfer multiple characters.

calibek

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm confused why you would transfer any character other than a tamer if you have a tamer. It takes a lot to get a tamer started on a new shard even if you have the skills. Trust me, if you have decent pets, you don't want to get all new pets again then wait a week before you can even start training them wait another week before they can actually take on anything worthwhile.

Yes same with fragments. I only own two actual soulstones on my account. There is no limit to the ammount of soulstones and fragments you can transfer and they all retain skills. One can only wonder if EA will eventually catch on to the "abuse" of soulstones/frags to get around having to transfer multiple characters.
There are things about him i do not like. I could always change them later on so maybe I will transfer him over. I was thinking about transfering my treasure hunter bard over. cartography and lockpicking are a pain but i do have other skills i want to transfer over. Any idea which skills beside taming would be best to transfer? (i do not have provoke)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your tamer has some decent bonded pets and decent skills, I would suggest you transfer the tamer. All the stabled pets will transfer, plus you can have the normal number of pets out of the stable (e.g., tamer is on foot and has five pack animals or tamer has a nightmare and on a nightmare and three pack animals). The pack animals that you want to load up obviously can't be stabled, but they do not have to be bonded. When you arrive, they will be in a transfer crate and you can get them out of the crate once you safely arrive at your destination. Same with your backpack....it will stay in the transfer crate until you unpack it and you can unpaid it one item at a time, if you so desire.

calibek

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Between Cratography and lockpicking, which skill would be better to soulstone over to my new shard?