• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Training without Poo's method?

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm sitting around 106 Musicmanship right now and about 50 discord. I'm fairly a loner in the game and don't have access to a tamer friend to follow Poo's great system to raise Discord up.

Is there another method that I can use that might be easier than running around and actively using discord on creatures? I did this for a couple hours on Polar Bears and got burned out pretty quick.

I read something about using the masteries? I just came back to the game a couple weeks ago so these new training systems are new to me. Anyone care to elaborate?

Thanks!

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you need 90 in that bard skill for a Mastery. The Bard college in Britain has three bards each with a different quest. Each quest is keyed to a specific bard skill, giving you the Mastery ability after quest completion.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, must have 90 minimum for Mastery's..

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yea, I just went to check yesterday. There goes that idea.
Did some more Polar Bears last night on Ice Isle manually... hit discordance, target bear, wait, target another bear, wait, etc. etc.

There has to be an easier way. Maybe a macro that will run and target random bears? I got about 2 points last night in 30 to 45 minutes. Ugh.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I totally feel with people who don't want to shell out the bucks for training, but I also feel with people who fear the wrist pain. Therefore: Have you considered buying a Mythic Character Token? It takes five of your skills to 90 afaik - enough to start the easier route of the bard mastery. Skill set should include Discordance if you choose so.

Mythic Character Tokens can be bought from the official EA / Origin store, maybe it can also be bought for gold from other players.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I totally feel with people who don't want to shell out the bucks for training, but I also feel with people who fear the wrist pain. Therefore: Have you considered buying a Mythic Character Token? It takes five of your skills to 90 afaik - enough to start the easier route of the bard mastery. Skill set should include Discordance if you choose so.

Mythic Character Tokens can be bought from the official EA / Origin store, maybe it can also be bought for gold from other players.
This is a great idea and I just checked out the website regarding it but unfortunately I don't think it's viable for my advanced character. I believe it's only able to be used on starting a new character, which I don't really feel like going through with.

"If you have more than 200 skill points on your character you will not be able to use this token. "

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I see. You might create another new character and transfer skills with soulstones. I personally could not live without soulstones...

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can stone off skills to get you below the 200 skill level required to use the Mythic token, use the token, then stone back on whatever you had. That token REALLY simplifies getting disco to legendary.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a side note, If and when you do the Mastery's, You only need to complete one of the three Quests. Once you get the book from the quest you complete, you can switch Mastery's by using the context menu on the book. There is a cool down of 10 min between switching Mastery's, so don't feel like it isn't working.

Katrena

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i feel your pain.
if it helps i can probably come tame you some stuff and you can put them..... somewhere.....
and you can disco them, save you the running around.
let me know.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You can stone off skills to get you below the 200 skill level required to use the Mythic token, use the token, then stone back on whatever you had. That token REALLY simplifies getting disco to legendary.
Is there a calculation for how much skill gain increase you receive for being below 300 or so total skill?

The only benefit i see out of this is the guaranteed skill gain time is a lot shorter but its still hours. I did this method to get peacemaking to legendary but it didn't seem to make much of a difference if at all.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A couple of tips for training disco. First, lock your music as close to 100 as you can. Skill training is all based off success chance, and since music over 100 gives a success chance bonus, it means you have to train on harder monsters.

Second tip is for those without access to a tamer. The idea is to find overland creatures with he bard difficulty you need that are also somewhat close to water. It also helps if those creatues do not have any range abilities like archery or magic. Lead several of them near the waters edge and place yourself a boat. I also bring along a few horses on the boat with me. I use the horses to agro on the monsters to keep them from running away when I invis to let he disco where off. Tokuno can be particularly good for this strategy because do the diverse types of overland creatures... Tsuki wolves, yamadon, hiyrus, etc.

MatlocK

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can you use jewelry to achieve the 90 for getting the masteries? or does it have to real skill?

Last edited:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also like to add that you'll gain faster if you're total skill is lower as well. So trying to gain a skill to 120 is easier when you only have 300 skill points than when you have 600

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Also like to add that you'll gain faster if you're total skill is lower as well. So trying to gain a skill to 120 is easier when you only have 300 skill points than when you have 600
Are you referring to GGS or is there more about skill gain than I knew? :popcorn:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes he is talking about the GGS. I am putting this up for anyone who might not be familiar with it. You can see the times on this chart taken from the Skill Gain Systems page. The closer to max skills you are, the longer it will take you

Ggs.jpg

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I've been leveling this horribly painful skill by hand since I was unable to find myself a tamer to assist me on my server. I bought myself a giant beetle and would discord it in my house till I was getting maybe .1 an hour once I got into the 80's.

Now I sit at 84 and have been attempting to get out there and discord creatures that I find for points. Going very slow as well.
Anyone have a particular place that would be good to discord creatures in? I've been going against runed beetles right now and it seems so-so.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I believe that I did giant beetles till 87ish then moved to cu's. You can make yourself a friend to the solenhive by doing the Solen Matriarch Quest. Once you are a friend, the solen ants won't attach but the giant beetles, ant lions, and dread spiders will. You can then go to one of the areas in the solen tunnels that the giant beetles spawn and set up a macro to discord them and then hide. To do the CU Sidhes, you need to start the Dreadhorn Quest so you can get into the Twisted Weald. Pull a few of them out of the area with the changelings. You can then macro discord and hide for them as well. It is not as quick as having a tamer help you but not bad.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you play Great Lakes, Atlantic, or Lake Austin, I can tame some cu's for you so you can throw them on a boat. Not responsible for anything AFTER that lol.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you play Great Lakes, Atlantic, or Lake Austin, I can tame some cu's for you so you can throw them on a boat. Not responsible for anything AFTER that lol.
I can tame them on Chessy for you as well.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'd like to take you up on this offer. My house is directly on the water so this would work out really well.
I'd also like to compensate you for your time.
I'm usually on at nights ~ 9 EST. You can ICQ me at 71473566.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I added you on ICQ and was around last night to tame cu's but didn't hear from you. What shard, by the way, will you be needing them on?