• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Weaponskill

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that golems are out of the picture what's the alternative? I see people use clockwork scorpions from time to time. How high will those take me and how low do I need to be to get gains off them anyone know?

Armani Exchange

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hey, use 100% poison weapons on wolf spiders, only problem is you need around 55 taming/lore or an alt char

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Golems arent out of the picture... they just need to be repaired by a tinker from time to time. I personally use ice ogre lords and a 100% poison weapon....but I have a Spellweaver tame them for me :) I dont think you need taming on the same account for the wolf spider....you just need a tamer to go get you one and then friend you to it...it will stick around for the day atleast.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for ice ogre lords you need your skill around 80, 1 use jewels ( +15 weapon skill, +15 tactics, 15 hci max SSI)..remember UBW can work for you too :)
I buy to 40, train on slimes in abyss to 50 ( usually takes about 5-10 mins) the go wack on an ice ogre...once gains slow and I hit about 100 I drop one piece of jewelry.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Bah! Just tried both spider and ogre lord. I think zath was right, at 107 swords I might as well just camp blackthorn's. So if you see a wolf spider wandering around ice isle on Legends, tame away. He's earned a nap in a nice dark cave somewhere.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bah! Just tried both spider and ogre lord. I think zath was right, at 107 swords I might as well just camp blackthorn's. So if you see a wolf spider wandering around ice isle on Legends, tame away. He's earned a nap in a nice dark cave somewhere.
Go doom/gauntlet all the way to 120 :)

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spider took my anatomy and macing to 120 thank you! Tactics stuck at 116.9 for like two days, nothing a few sots won't fix ! Will try orge lord next, tons of melee skills to work zzzz

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
hey all, making my first dexer.

been hitting the spider for hours,
started with 100 anatomy
tactics are stuck at 25, started at 0
fencing is stuck at 0, using the kryss with 35 fencing

what do i need to do to start gaining?

THanks!

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
With most skills:

-Eat the highest level power scroll you can as early as possible
-Go to New Haven, buy the skill to 40 (400 gp)
-Take the Instructor quest, this gives accelerated gains until 50, this must be done in Old Haven to the East
-When you go over 50, resign/quit the quest, because if you complete it you can never do it again on that character, and one day you might want to
-At that point you can either jewel up to 70+ and use whatever passes for a golem thee days to train all the way to cap
-Or hit the forests, you'll gain off forest animals until 70-80, at which point you can gain off low level monsters (again, Champ Spawns are great for this reason as they have low, mid and semi-high level spawn and you get stuff while you're doing them)

With skills like Anatomy you can also make a looping macro to spam while you're training, to either use the skill on the same target repeatedly, or to use the skill on multiple different targets within a set radius, to do this you need to use the macros for set update range (don't know if there is an E.C. equivalent of this), a good place to do this is obviously at a bank. If you do it while in Lich Form working Healing at the same time you can potentially have 2-3x the chance to gain.

Solo

Visitor
Im training archery and my wolf spider is taking damage, im using 100% poison damage bow .... suggestions?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im training archery and my wolf spider is taking damage, im using 100% poison damage bow .... suggestions?
Does it have any hit spell effects? Are you in a guild? Trammel or Felucca?

Solo

Visitor
Plain only 100% poison dmg - Guilded in Fel. I can do fencing/sword/mace fine but archery is giving the spider dmg

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Here's my alternative method that doesn't require pets:
Buy 40 skill points, quest to 50.
Use junk armor with good stam.
Make macro in EC: target closest, attack target, use bandage, healself, wait 4 seconds. Repeat macro
Vamp Embrace + slayer works too but you end up killing stuff real fast.
Or get a HPR regen suit + dog form.

50-65 mummys in deceit
65-85 gold eles in blackthorn. You will have to take a step occasionally if you're in tram.
85-120 trogs in painted caves

You can macro this while you watch a movie or what not.
You can also add in whatever else you might want to macro, like bushido - lightning strikes.

For archery/throwing, I went to the slimes pit.