• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Stealing Questions

C

Clyde

A friend of mine wants to train up his Stealing skill, and I volunteered to help him out. Our plan to raise his stealing skill is to each place several items (of appropriate weight) in our backpacks and steal them from each other. We are hoping to avoid the need to reload a pack animal, using this method (I will be able to reload my backpack with items easily, since my skill is trained). I read through the FAQs, but I still have some questions:

1. Regarding the Thief’s Guild, I know that you need to be a member to steal from other players, but can you steal from other players (if you are not a member) if you are in:
a. The same guild?
b. Warring Guilds?
If not, then he will have to use a pack animal until 60.0 real skill.

2. Since we plan on stealing from each other, would it be best to:
a. Fill our backpacks with only items (of appropriate weight) and target each other and “Steal”?
b. Have each other’s packs snooped and target the items and “Steal”?

3. If you are in a guild, can you steal from a pack animal while in Trammel (since it highlights green when told to guard)? This would make training to 60.0 logistically friendly, if he needs to use a pack animal.

Thanks for your help.

-Clyde

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Q1 - ill pass on since im not sure of answer

Q2 - would suggest snoop first then steal, since your going to be in fel, unless your willing to let chars be killed if found your going to have your <pots,aids,spellbooks,etc> that wont help your friend gain and would just slow down the training stealing back and forth items that dont matter. Though if you use the same item I guess you could set up macro to steal last item type then it wouldnt matter and you could just go for staright steal avoiding snoop.

Q3 - packy must be in Fel for you to gain stealing

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't steal from other players unless in the thieves' guild, even in tram.

If you're not in the guild already, you won't be able to even if you get the right skill because joining the guild is bugged right now and no on can join... unless you're on siege.

:scholar:

B

burnttrees

Chad please check your facts i just created a char on origin and joined the thief's guild .

Yes it is bugged BUT some players are only having trouble joining this does not mean

If you're not in the guild already, you won't be able to even if you get the right skill because joining the guild is bugged right now and no on can join... unless you're on siege.
Also for anyone wondering i had 50.1 real skill and used a +10 stealing ring to get the 60 required this was also a newly created character. i didn't have one on origin until today.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chad please check your facts i just created a char on origin and joined the thief's guild .

Yes it is bugged BUT some players are only having trouble joining this does not mean

Also for anyone wondering i had 50.1 real skill and used a +10 stealing ring to get the 60 required this was also a newly created character. i didn't have one on origin until today.
So not only is it not bugged for everyone, they did away with the 40 hour timer?

:fight:

C

Clyde

So not only is it not bugged for everyone, they did away with the 40 hour timer?

:fight:
I just tried tricking my friends thief to over 60.0 and I was told I was too young and I should wait a week. I know for a fact that this character has several hundred hours of playtime (used to be my account, and he was my miner/smith). I guess we'll wait til it gets fixed...:sleep2:

-Clyde :sad4:

B

burnttrees

yeah i am not sure what the deal is with the timer yes the char was only a few hours old but i had logged out and when i logged back in it got the 6 month reward as the account is 23 months old

sadly this is a weird bug indeed hopefully it will be fixed soon