• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Removing Trap skill....... Any advice ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, are the stickies/FAQs about training Removing Trap skill still current or are they outdated ?

Bottom line is, what would be the most efficient way to GM this skill ?

I am asking, because for example, UOGuide lists to use 100 tinker made dart trapped boxes at levels 50, 80 and 100 tinkering. I am wondering if the info is still current or there is now better ways to train up this skill.

Also, once GM, are there still chances to fail at removing traps or will it work 100% of times on any difficulty trap out there ?

Thanks !!

Last edited:

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I like to suggest that no crafted boxes are necessary to train Remove Trap: I did it using only strong boxes in town. If one were to train Detect Hidden in the same fashion, one would note that the same traps most difficult to Detect are the most difficult to Remove: the ones at armourer shops, noted by the shield on the sign.

Also, I can attest to the fact that GM Remove Trap does not ensure 100% success: at GM Remove Trap and 100 dexterity, I have never meet a paragon chest that didn't kill me.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like to suggest that no crafted boxes are necessary to train Remove Trap: I did it using only strong boxes in town. If one were to train Detect Hidden in the same fashion, one would note that the same traps most difficult to Detect are the most difficult to Remove: the ones at armourer shops, noted by the shield on the sign.

Also, I can attest to the fact that GM Remove Trap does not ensure 100% success: at GM Remove Trap and 100 dexterity, I have never meet a paragon chest that didn't kill me.

Do I need to understand then from your experience that this skill is a total waste of skill points ?

I mean, if even 100.0 Remove Trap does no good what is the point of having it ?

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
*nervous tug at the shirt collar*

Mind you, I've only had a crack at two paragon chests: I haven't gone very far out of my way to acquire them. Also, I do have a very high success rate WHEN I remember to take the gloves off BEFORE attempting to spring treasure chest traps. Additionally, Remove Trap its the only way to get rid of chest traps on Siege Perilous, and faction traps on any shard.

All that said, I am inclined to agree with your overarching statement: in the absence of some new buff or perk, Remove Trap is unnecessary, especially if faction traps have no successor on the horizon.