• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mysticism] Training New Skill (Mysticism) what good is it?

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play a main character, and he always runs with:
120 Magery
120 Music
120 Disco

Now I usually have Animal Taming and Lore on him, and toggle off Spellweave, lockpicking, cartography, mining to suit what I'm hunting.

I hear mysticism is a great skill to have.... but I'm clueless as to what to do with it. So I'm reaching out to the community and asking, with the above mentioned 3 skills, what should I add to him and what can I hunt. Or more like, what do you normally hunt with your mystic.

I like soloing big game critters, and hope to hear of your victory over such.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

TheGhostRaider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With 120
magery
music
Disco
Mysticism
Focus

you can solo lot of the new monster. Mysti have a powerful RC that I like to use. Other spell allow to heal and do lot of damage to target. I have one myself and I play him often in champ and Abyss. Those are good support Character for hunting party as well.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just throwing this out there.. spellweaving is a fantastic spellset that will make your magery/mysticism more powerful, heal you and give you nice buffs (self res spell is my favorite) and then word of death is the big monster finisher. Arcane Empowerment Rising Colosuss's are the strongest summon in the game (unless something has changed in past few months.) If you plan on using a lot of RC's tho you really need to go gargoyle, human/elf can do it but if i'm going to walk around on foot I might as well have a greater dragon.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just throwing this out there.. spellweaving is a fantastic spellset that will make your magery/mysticism more powerful, heal you and give you nice buffs (self res spell is my favorite) and then word of death is the big monster finisher. Arcane Empowerment Rising Colosuss's are the strongest summon in the game (unless something has changed in past few months.) If you plan on using a lot of RC's tho you really need to go gargoyle, human/elf can do it but if i'm going to walk around on foot I might as well have a greater dragon.
I do have 120 spellweave, and the ability to get a level six focus without difficulty.

I do have a race change token, but I'm a little lazy when it comes to making a suit for my soon to be gargoyle mystic. Since this guy is also a tamer with an awesome greater dragon, I do believe that I have to make the suit and change sooner than later for the mounted speed of flying. I'm mostly just wondering what's the baddest of the bad that you have solo'd, (since I am a solo player) with this template skill set...?

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mysticism has a few really powerful spells. RC as mentioned is amazingly powerful, but there are a few other spells that really shine. One nether bolt is fast and good in pvp especially if you cast spell plague first. Second healing spells. Cleansing winds is immensely useful and can really turn the tide. It heals removing curses and poisons and can even heal those with you. Healing stone is also a nice addition and essentially gives you a blessed healing potion with a large healing pool that you can tap into. If you have anatomy animated weapon can be a nice summons as well costing only 4 follower slots allowing you to stay mounted. Stone from can be a nice shift if your having trouble staying alive and speed isn't an issue. I also like enchant which allows you to put a hit spell on your weapon and if your mysticism is high enough it will also add SC to it as well. There are also some nice area effect spells dealing cold damage but mana could quickly become a problem. There is also a nice chaos damage area effect spell. This is not to take away from Weaving which I also think is a great skill, but mystic is also a good thing to have in the mix sometimes.