• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training decision

Neton

Journeyman
I have a dog going through the last round of training. It is fully 120 scrolled but undecided if i should go put Chiv/AI or no Chiv at all.

any thoughts either way?

T1.png T2.png

T3.png T4.png T5.png T6.png

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
what will he/she be used for? is this pet a general purpose pet? boss fighter? spawner?

Neton

Journeyman
well, general purpose i guess. i have a disco dog, mystic dog, blue beetle, fire beetle, frost mite all 120 scrolled. i wanted a Chiv dog but this one may be short of some points.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
If this pet isn't going to be a boss fighter you may want to reconsider Chiv especially since you think you may be short on some points. EoO can get hairy if you are fighting groups of things, for a GP pet I would probably avoid Chiv. How about adding poisoning for a little more damage instead, or just go without a magic ability. Just my 2 cents =)

Neton

Journeyman
i guess i could train another high starting stats dog for AI/Chiv. and this one goes without any magic which will be used as a tank.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You can go chiv/AI. Just take hit points to 650. That will give you another 150 points to work with. Then you can finish poison resist, add the 5 sr, MAX the base damage if you hadn’t done that yet. That will allow you to scroll for chiv and still have points for mana.
In pvm, I feel 600 to 700 for hp is a sweet spot, so 650 is right there.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can go chiv/AI. Just take hit points to 650. That will give you another 150 points to work with. Then you can finish poison resist, add the 5 sr, MAX the base damage if you hadn’t done that yet. That will allow you to scroll for chiv and still have points for mana.
In pvm, I feel 600 to 700 for hp is a sweet spot, so 650 is right there.
I wouldn't go with poison, i would go with Chiv. All my general purpose pets have chiv. EoO and divine fury don't cause much of a problem. The thing that will kick a chiv pets ass are damage reflect mobs.

As for the hp of pets, I have five slot pets with as low as 350 hits. My void pool tank is 400 hits. 600 is more than enough for most things, the things it's not enough for probably needs special build pets to begin with anyways.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
NOOB must have a bunch of scrolls. Dont waste those scrolls without a magic. Chiv first then make one of the others.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't go with poison, i would go with Chiv. All my general purpose pets have chiv. EoO and divine fury don't cause much of a problem. The thing that will kick a chiv pets ass are damage reflect mobs.

As for the hp of pets, I have five slot pets with as low as 350 hits. My void pool tank is 400 hits. 600 is more than enough for most things, the things it's not enough for probably needs special build pets to begin with anyways.
Khael do you use Conductive Blast? Did they fix that, is it worth it for dogs with /AI/Chiv?

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i dont see a problem adding both chiv and AI to that dog.
from what i see the stats will be about right with 100 points left over

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah i would definitely go with Chiv / AI. That dog will be a beast
oh dont forget the base damage if you havent done so already. the screenies dont show it

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I wouldn't go with poison, i would go with Chiv.
I’m not sure if you meant to quote me, Khaelor, as I never suggested taking the poisoning skill. And I did say go chiv and ai. In the OP’s first post, they had a picture showing poison resist listed, granted it was a couple of points but it was a clear sign they weren’t at the 365 resist cap.

Neton

Journeyman
yes, i have maxed the base damage and since it is a white dog, i really want to make it into Chiv/AI and call it White Knight. Now, for 319 training points, i wonder whats the best setup for HP vs mana. Currently HP @ 600 and mana @ 504

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make sure you put a 120 chiv scroll on. If you are done, put the mana to 600 and add some Int and rest in HP.

Mana will be low within a min no matter how much it starts with.

Neton

Journeyman
Make sure you put a 120 chiv scroll on. If you are done, put the mana to 600 and add some Int and rest in HP.

Mana will be low within a min no matter how much it starts with.
What's INT for? Mana Regen? if so,max it at 370?

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What's INT for? Mana Regen? if so,max it at 370?

From what i can see in this screen shot you will have 700 str 700 hp 542 mana with Chiv/AI. Very good stats for what you have 120'd and 100 points left over.

Pawain is right about the 120 chiv. might as well right?

Here's the selections i would make
AI
Chiv
Chiv 120 scroll
hits 700
Stam regen 5
The remaining points in either Mana or Intel (for regen purposes)

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I’m not sure if you meant to quote me, Khaelor, as I never suggested taking the poisoning skill. And I did say go chiv and ai. In the OP’s first post, they had a picture showing poison resist listed, granted it was a couple of points but it was a clear sign they weren’t at the 365 resist cap.
Was lazy quoting from replying on tablet from work, was agreeing with you about chiv.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The regen between 300 and 370 is small. But if you are happy with the HP then do Int. Its your dog.
It's about 12 mana per minute for 35 points. 11 additional hit points or 12 mana/minute.

100 Focus/Mana to 120 Focus/Mana gives 19 mana/minute for 40.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Was lazy quoting from replying on tablet from work, was agreeing with you about chiv.
Ok, I can accept that

Back to the pup.....
yes, i have maxed the base damage and since it is a white dog, i really want to make it into Chiv/AI and call it White Knight. Now, for 319 training points, i wonder whats the best setup for HP vs mana. Currently HP @ 600 and mana @ 504
Glad to see you did max the base damage. It saddens me when I see how many pets on Atlantic have not had the base damage maxed out.

Neton

Journeyman
i have another white dog with a better stats but unfortunately it is pre patch with 4 slots. so i have to bench it until a fix to address.