• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Chivalry

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
Is there a method to train Chivalry on your pet to raise it once you have given it to him?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like spectral binders from a boat while the pet is discorded. Others may have a faster way?

WonDumBaldGuy

Adventurer
Merus, while there are many variations and places you can do the same thing, you nailed the basic process. Anything the pet can aggro against but not reach will make it proc Chivalry more. I use Dimetrosaurs, because I can double up heal and chiv gains. YOur method allows doubling resisting spells and chiv. I'm going to throw that in my rotation!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Merus, while there are many variations and places you can do the same thing, you nailed the basic process. Anything the pet can aggro against but not reach will make it proc Chivalry more. I use Dimetrosaurs, because I can double up heal and chiv gains. YOur method allows doubling resisting spells and chiv. I'm going to throw that in my rotation!
I usually use Dims to train healing prior to adding Chiv.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually add chiv first training session while also prioritizing stamina, resists, med, focus, and mana regen. Then I find somewhere to disco my pet and attack something until chiv is at cap. If you wait until you add AI or other abilities then you'll be wasting mana on those rather than just casting chiv spells. This works great if you can isolate a shadow elemental or something similar. Not profitable, but efficient and gets you to your goal.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I usually add chiv first training session while also prioritizing stamina, resists, med, focus, and mana regen. Then I find somewhere to disco my pet and attack something until chiv is at cap. If you wait until you add AI or other abilities then you'll be wasting mana on those rather than just casting chiv spells. This works great if you can isolate a shadow elemental or something similar. Not profitable, but efficient and gets you to your goal.
Healing gets pretty hard to 120 if you have 120 chiv. It constantly uses chiv to cure instead of bandages.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Healing gets pretty hard to 120 if you have 120 chiv. It constantly uses chiv to cure instead of bandages.
Healing to 120 is pretty hard regardless. But disco and rotting corpses are what I do to gain healing. I think I've also repeatedly casted poison using a nox mage for gains.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If a pet is set to Follow (and not Guarding), then it won't use Cleanse By Fire to cure Poison, it'll use bandage Healing if it can. I have an EJ account with a Tamer that has five Slimes (Atlantic)/Snakes (Napa) trained up to 125 DEX/GM Wrest/GM Poisoning, and i sick them on my Healing pet while it's under Consume Damage and set to Follow. The Slimes/Snakes will constantly inflict Lethal Poison on the Healing pet, forcing it to cure itself with bandages. Once the pet reaches 110.0 Healing, it'll stop gaining Healing off of curing Lethal Poison, so i then Discord the Healing pet, and pull all but one or two Slimes/Snakes off of the pet (more than 1-2 will outdamage what the discorded Healing pet can regen, and eventually kill it). That'll take it the rest of the way to 120.0 Healing. I've trained numerous pets to 120 Healing this way, and it's far faster than Dimetrosaurs, Rotts or Nox Mages. It generally takes me 5-6 hours to get a pet from fresh tamed Healing skill, to 120.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Dims work well for also doing your other magical ranged skills at the same time as healing.
Healing will finish before disco/chiv anyway. Less complicated to setup, just drag one dimmie or two depending on how much poison resist/healing your pet has.

You can pretty much discord your pet from 95healing if it has 50-60 poison resist, at 105 if it's got 45.
Fire and forget.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If a pet is set to Follow (and not Guarding), then it won't use Cleanse By Fire to cure Poison, it'll use bandage Healing if it can. I have an EJ account with a Tamer that has five Slimes (Atlantic)/Snakes (Napa) trained up to 125 DEX/GM Wrest/GM Poisoning, and i sick them on my Healing pet while it's under Consume Damage and set to Follow. The Slimes/Snakes will constantly inflict Lethal Poison on the Healing pet, forcing it to cure itself with bandages. Once the pet reaches 110.0 Healing, it'll stop gaining Healing off of curing Lethal Poison, so i then Discord the Healing pet, and pull all but one or two Slimes/Snakes off of the pet (more than 1-2 will outdamage what the discorded Healing pet can regen, and eventually kill it). That'll take it the rest of the way to 120.0 Healing. I've trained numerous pets to 120 Healing this way, and it's far faster than Dimetrosaurs, Rotts or Nox Mages. It generally takes me 5-6 hours to get a pet from fresh tamed Healing skill, to 120.
I said hard, not impossible. Your method is really good, and I’m sure faster... but requires a second account tamer with trained pets... something that not everyone wants to invest in.

Kiddo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have an EJ account with a Tamer that has five Slimes (Atlantic)/Snakes (Napa) trained up to 125 DEX/GM Wrest/GM Poisoning
Hey, what kind of snakes/ slimes do you mean? and whats the different with training with slimes or snakes?
Thx!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey, what kind of snakes/ slimes do you mean? and whats the different with training with slimes or snakes?
Thx!
Just normal, one slot Snakes/Slimes that have been trained up to 125 DEX/GM Wrest/GM Poison. With five of those on a pet, the pet is constantly being inflicted with Lethal Poison, and having to cure it. The biggest difference between Slimes or Snakes, is that Slimes have lower Taming Requirements, but higher Base Damage (deal slightly more damage to the Healing pet), while the Snakes have higher Taming requirements, but lower Base Damage.
My EJ Tamers have 50 Taming/110 Lore/80+ Vet. 85 Taming and GM Vet with Jewelry/Talisman. This gives them 10 Stable Slots for pets that i use to train other pets with. Lore can easily be raised to 110 just by spamming it on someone's pet for a few hours.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just normal, one slot Snakes/Slimes that have been trained up to 125 DEX/GM Wrest/GM Poison. With five of those on a pet, the pet is constantly being inflicted with Lethal Poison, and having to cure it. The biggest difference between Slimes or Snakes, is that Slimes have lower Taming Requirements, but higher Base Damage (deal slightly more damage to the Healing pet), while the Snakes have higher Taming requirements, but lower Base Damage.
My EJ Tamers have 50 Taming/110 Lore/80+ Vet. 85 Taming and GM Vet with Jewelry/Talisman. This gives them 10 Stable Slots for pets that i use to train other pets with. Lore can easily be raised to 110 just by spamming it on someone's pet for a few hours.
Any tips on how to train slimes up to GM wrestle/poison? With such low starting skill and hp, it looks like it's a pain.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Every skill gain / skill use can raise dex/int .
So those free 125 points you get will be gained pretty quick.

Then it's a matter of just hitting something over and over until poisoning GMs.
I recommend having some pet to tank, and the others will keep hitting. Shadow ellies, gregorio etc.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any tips on how to train slimes up to GM wrestle/poison? With such low starting skill and hp, it looks like it's a pain.
Once my Slimes bond, i'll use Spectral Spellbinders to get them up to GM Resist. Once Resist maxes out, they'll rapidly gain STR/DEX up to 125 when hit with further spells from the Spellbinders. This makes training Wrest/Poisoning faster. I then train their Wrest up into 60s-70s on Gregorio, and finish off their Wrest to GM on a Shadow Ore Ele as something else tanks it. Poisoning can be GMed on either Gregorio or Shadow Ore Ele, although Gregorio is easier to land hits on.