• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training a Vollem Held in a Crystal

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
not useful?
crazy talk.
put a pair of them on a bard and your a HP taking machine!
people just need to know how to play the game.
walk around with a herald..... *shakes head*

jeremy roe

Adventurer
Thanks guys for updates!!

I did resists and discord 120 at slot 3 is 39 skill... Actual discord is 50. Yew and sleeping dragonare nice

Used the crazy shaman mage to hit slot 3

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just cracked 2 vollems in a crystal and they both spawned at 3 slot so where do you get a 2 slot?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just cracked 2 vollems in a crystal and they both spawned at 3 slot so where do you get a 2 slot?
When they released Tritons they fixed vollems to be in line with other pets intensity wise. Old vollems were basically a reskinned unrideable 2 slot prepatch 97 nightmare that required no taming.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So are there still 2 slot vollems out there? Or will they all change to 3 slot?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If someone opened them when they were 2 slots. They are still 2 slot unless they trained them to more.

The 2 slot ones will build to 5 slot.

They are similar to a Phoenix. Phoenix damage is 50 phy 50 fire Vollum is 40 phy 40 fire 20 Energy.

Both make good pets but are not mounts.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lots of people should still have 2 slot vollems.

Even though their slot was increased, they still have the same negative taming skill requirement that the two slots had.

--
Two slots are IDENTICAL to a prepatch nightmare, the currently created ones are IDENTICAL to a high strength currently spawning 3 slot nightmare, not similar... IDENTICAL. This is including damage spread. They are just reskinned unrideable nightmares, always have been.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did not touch my 2 slot vollems after the changes, they're way too valuable as is for non taming templates.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did not touch my 2 slot vollems after the changes, they're way too valuable as is for non taming templates.
Well the three slot ones if you don't train them up are still fine for the non tame template, the two I cracked the other day are on a non tame char. Although he can only have one out of the stable at a time.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stealth dismount archer template: Train one to level 5 and hunt without needing as many pesky taming skills.

"Say hello to my little friend"

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 3 crystals banked. And 4 that I cracked open. As Poo said, I use them with my bards and they are wicked effective on those 2 full bards. When I needed my imbue'r to get the points for The Queen's Forge, <long ago> I transferred one to him and waited for it to bond. He's a pure crafter with the only real defense is to fly away like a little girl with his stone skirt pulled over his head. Once that vollem bonded, I was amazed how fast I got the points to use that forge. As for the bards, I will never raise them, period! All 4 are 2 slot so they can run with 2 and still be mounted with an ethy. Before all this Orc garbage on the seas, I used my bard with 2 of em to rip up merchant ships for resources. No more chopping, no more digging. Great non-tamer pets the way they are!