• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Traing on shadows?

berrya

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when there are like 6 people on a shadow elle or crazed mage how much can your pet gain ? Is there an alternative to crowded training spots?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Shadow elementals are good for pet skills only, so it doesn’t matter how many pets are attacking one. With the exception of parry, only the pet that is the target of the shadow elemental will get parry gains.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Crazed is slow but relatively safe for low-slot pets.
From slot 3 or when resists have been specced, there are better alternatives for fast gain.

Shadow ellies in the mines work for skilling.
I just dont like to use those mines because of trolls that lure spawn to kill you if you arent careful. Better to dig up a shadow ellie with gargoyle's pickaxe at your own location.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Crazed is slow but relatively safe for low-slot pets.
From slot 3 or when resists have been specced, there are better alternatives for fast gain.

Shadow ellies in the mines work for skilling.
I just dont like to use those mines because of trolls that lure spawn to kill you if you arent careful. Better to dig up a shadow ellie with gargoyle's pickaxe at your own location.
Care to share which MOB and where it is located that is better than the Crazed Mage on lvl 5 Shame and if it wasn't so good then why is everyone using it. Funny that you say it is for low slot so I assume you mean 1/2 slot pets so why is it we bring down a 5 slot Cu to attack the Mage then gate others in so their low lvl pets can train, you do understand that 1/2 slot pets dont last to long against the mage. And we are talking about the REAL UO Servers.

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I gain faster on Dread Pirates but requires more effort to set up. I use two accounts and have at least 6 pets to train when I do it. Let a 3 slot fresh Cu tank and then gate the others in and out as needed. If you don't leave the ship it stays around for hours. So is enough time to get many pets leveled. Great for five one slotters at once then two two slotters etc... on and on.....

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Care to share which MOB and where it is located that is better than the Crazed Mage on lvl 5 Shame and if it wasn't so good then why is everyone using it. Funny that you say it is for low slot so I assume you mean 1/2 slot pets so why is it we bring down a 5 slot Cu to attack the Mage then gate others in so their low lvl pets can train, you do understand that 1/2 slot pets dont last to long against the mage. And we are talking about the REAL UO Servers.
As Billy mentioned, he's on the right track here. I wont share my personal fav spots but Dread pirates work.
These other mobs are more effort to setup, but the advantage is that you gain much faster. They are riskier for many reasons

And yes obviously 1/2 slot pets are squishy vs Crazed even if it's aggroed on other stuff. You usually want to do them on something safer until you got them resist points plotted in. Have a nice day!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Beginning Advanced Animal Training | uo-cah.com

There is a list of commonly used mobs

and a video of doing 1 slot pets at crazed mage with no other pets

We tend to favor pirates and allosaurus
Yep. Another way to keep the Crazed Mage poisoned and pre-occupied with casting Cure, is by having a Ninja in Giant Serpent Form repeatedly hit him in melee. Every successful melee attack in Giant Serpent Form will apply Poison.

I prefer the Allosaurus for leveling most pets. I can get my 2 slot Wolf Spider (raised it's Physical Resist/HPR/HP) to tank 3 Allosaurus at a time, and run "As One" to level up to three 1 slot pets at the same time.