• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Tragedy Strikes Cathedral of Love (Thursday 13th)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight after the Royal Investigators promotion, Skaros the Spymaster asked that we travel to the site of the Cathedral of Love where Father Grant would shortly be joining us.

At the site a burning landscape of wood and ash. More disturbing - in the centre the tragic remains of Father Grant.

People stood in shock for just a moment before Chaos Dragoons ran in from the South West and ambushed the group.

Suddenly what appeared to be King Blackthorn appeared... But it wasn't the real King! I think....

The King?: "Of Course I am the King, Who Else Loves You This Much?"

Iljian: "You are a doppleganger!"

The King?: "Enough! I shall Talk With Ye No More! ENJOY THIS DAY OF LOVE."

And the King, Or atleast the impostor in King's clothes vanished.

After a very very long battle the real King Blackthorn arrived.

King Blackthorn: "What happened here?!.. Father Grant! No! This was not the message I wanted to send! This man was a great man, with love for all. I know some of you harbour doubts, but I would never have harmed such a virtuous man as he!

Here, on this very site, he was to have built a Cathedral of Love; would I burn down what my own pen had given permission to construct?

But in my confidence in my own powers, I didn't stop to think of those who bravely faced the world with nothing but their pure heart as a shield...And look where it has led; poor Father Grant dead, and this ghastly mockery of my philosophy here.

Something must be done. And in his memory, I must do it myself. I personally owe him this much."

And with his own hands the King cleaned up the scene.

His body was brought to a fitting resting place - the site where he grew the ancient silver serpent. King Blackthorn then burried Father Grant before giving a short speech.

King Blackthorn: "There. You may think of me as you will, but remember Father Grant as he was, and as long as you do, his own virtues are immune to the lies of others, whoever they may be.

Now. It is time to talk of those others. How blind I've been! But no longer. Yes, I suspect I know how they have been working at least! Many of you have reported to me doubts recent events were entirely honest. The kingdom has been bedevilled by imposters!

And always just at the most damaging spot. As if they knew where the Kingdom was working. As if they had a spy over my shoulder.

That accursed mirror! It must have been reporting everything we discussed or planned. And I was so busy enjoying my triumphs, I didn't watch what whispered behind my back.

Ye do not, but hear me out and decide for thyself!

For... No more though! Now we are here, I swear we shall destroy it. If the Sultan is behind it, or anyone else at all, we shall bring them to Justice too!

Speak not of it where anyone can hear; And in case the mirror is guarded by more evil, we shall go armed and equipped with heavy clubs and righteous cause to break it!

Gather in the Councillors Hall at 8pm on the 16th; and though many of us may fall in the coming fight, let it not be said the Kingdom fears to fight for Love!

In the meantime, keep an eye on the place Father Grant died. I swear on all that matters to me, I am not responsible for this. But those who were may have left a clue as to their identity...

Skaros will aide you in tracking them down. I... will need to speak to him a while myself first. But I swear I shall not take rest until we have our murderer!"

EM Gotan then confirmed after the event ended the next event is on Sunday the 16th at 8pm UK Time and you will need to come ARMED.

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
And then EM Gotan was PUNISHED FOR HIS MISTAKES! To those who wondered about the sash drama, those who were rewarded with one will have them replaced soon with working ones. Because of *mumble mumble*

Also the chat after was just to keep you informed about what is happening with Broadsword. A good primer is the article here;

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.c...adsword-Online-What-It-Means-For-UO-DAOC.html

I discussed a few things with other players after I returned, such as how to let Reds get the free puppies; I may have to manually move the statue for one day out of 6, let me sleep on this. As and when more information comes down to us about UO in general, I'll let you know... no, the information won't come with a free sash... NO DARK LADY NO DON'T KILL ME AGAIN!

oooOOOooOOooooo

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Great and Fitting End to one of Europa's special characters - Father Grant - the circle is complete nice work EM Gotan.