• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

trading houses/tileset question

Z

zorrah

situation: I have two accounts, one with eighth anniversary and one with ninth. I have houses on each, but want my eighth anniversary account to be able to have a house with some of the fancy elvish tiles etc.

question: can I build a house with my ninth anni account and transfer it to my eighth anni account and not have issues with tilesets? I assume I will never be able to go into house deco mode, of course.

also, will there be issues with one account owning two houses for a short amount of time (while 2nd house is being decorated)? I thought I remember reading somewhere about how the original house would be instantly condemned with no recourse unless it was transferred.. or am I wrong?

fwiw, I would just try all of this on my own but have been trying for about two months to get uokr running so I can run multiple instances of uo so that I can friend/transfer, but all the downloads are coming up with errors/crashing my computer. :( but if my idea is workable, I'll find a way to make kr work!

thanks in advance :)

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't think the game will allow the transfer due to the different expansions between the accounts.

Yes, the first house will go condemned if you transfer both houses to one account.

And finally, on the dual clienting, if your using XP, create a second user account on the computer and just load up two instances of 2d, one in each user using fast user switching.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can accept any kind of house, but any future customizing you do will not let you have access to those tiles. So make sure you have it set the way you want to avoid having to xfer it back in the future. =)

F

feath

perhaps just switch houses with the accounts? no worries then about falling houses. deco as wanted, and a week later, trade the houses back.

Z

zorrah

Thanks for all the helpful info :)

One bit of clarification, though..

Scenario:
Acct A has house. Acct B has house. Acct B's house transfers to Acct A, and vice versa. No houses will be condemned, and then I can reverse the transfer in a week.. right?

Sorry, just weary about losing all my stuff/houses and want to be absolute 110% clear.

Thanks again!

F

feath

Scenario:
Acct A has house. Acct B has house. Acct B's house transfers to Acct A, and vice versa. No houses will be condemned, and then I can reverse the transfer in a week.. right?
Correct

Z

zorrah

Y'all are the best :) *busy customizing as we speak*

btw, only issue I ran into was problems with the increased storage that ML expansion got. other than that, smooth sailing!