• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Trader History

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We've introduced a new feature to all the trade forums here on Stratics. Starting today you will be able to leave feedback as a buyer or seller here on Stratics. At the top of each thread, you will see a block for the Trade history of the person who started the thread.

trader1.png

Clicking on it will take you to a menu where you can view their trade history and provide feedback. Opening a person's profile card by clicking their name will allow you to do the same.

trader3.png

The purpose of this is to help less-frequent traders judge who is trustworthy or not. In the end, this system only benefits you, if you strive to build up a positive reputation.

Let me leave you all with this warning, however:

Individuals who we find are attempting to exploit this system or use it as a means of intentionally discrediting other members without cause will find themselves without access to any trading forum here on Stratics.

Attachments

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i left negative feedback for someone who scammed over 3 billion.

i am now not seeing any of this person posts.

does leaving negative feedback not let you see people posts?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
i left negative feedback for someone who scammed over 3 billion.

i am now not seeing any of this person posts.

does leaving negative feedback not let you see people posts?
No it shouldn't PM me the name of the person you left feedback for please so I can look into this.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nevermind, i found it.

honestly this feature looks like a powder keg. the person i left negative feedback for is legit a scammer. but it shows my name. basically i would expect anyone who gets negative feedback to just list negative feedback against the person as retribution for the initial feedback.

also no way to edit / remove negative feedback. honestly im not sure if reporting somone is worth the retribution.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I sort of agree; at best a negative review opens you up to constant trolling thereafter.

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now History is clear for all stratics memeber.
This feature is for future only or it will bee work for past in few days?

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I like the name being by it, but you have a point smoot. It may deter but hopefully they'll feel empowered to have a tool to help others from getting scammed

a wizard

Journeyman
Basically people want to be able to leave negative feedback anonymously, that's not how it should work. If you were scammed by someone and you want to call them out, people should see who it's coming from, as well that person should have a chance to defend themselves in the likelihood that people begin to abuse an "anonymous reputation tank/boost" feature.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots of the trade forums for other games have this type of feature and it can be a good and bad thing. Giving people the chance to alert others of scammers and such is great, but who is actually telling the truth? Who has final say over disputes? How many accounts does that person own to give feedback to/for? Are you going to give these people a SCAMMER title on their account?

BTW, wouldnt this feedback be against stratics TOS for personal attacks? We cant write a post about it but we can in trade history? There are too many questions and ways for this to go badly very quickly.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its basically removing the rule for calling out a scammer, but then adding additional rule that you can lose your stratics account if you report the scammer. and if a real scammer then gives a bunch of false reports, the rating is worthless and means nothing.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Few thoughts.

This isn't really about calling out Scammers at least not directly

You won't lose your account here over leaving negative feedback. If you're blatantly abusing the system as a revenge tactic, to discredit other sellers, or to artificially inflate your own rep via alternate accounts/ friends etc. you might wind up unable to access the Trade Forums but your account won't be banned from Stratics just this part and even then it's likely to be temporary an alternative my be the removal of your ability to give and receive feedback with something to mark such. An example of this would be a case of flooding your or someone else's account with either positive or negative feedback without being able to link that feedback to a specific trade here on the forums.

The best way to protect yourself is if you are engaged in a trade, put a copy of the link to the related thread in the feedback. We still can't mediate disputes, in-game sales etc. but at the least with this people can have more information to judge for themselves if they want to deal with someone here on Stratics. The Idea is to have a system that identifies safe Trade partners here, so people know they can come to Stratics and post a [Buying] or [Selling] thread and feel more confident in who they are dealing with. If people know they can come to Stratics and not get or less likely to risk being scammed then why would they go elsewhere?

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cant prevent scams by titles...don't want to get scammed...only do in game trades? Most of the post online have to do with real money scams and those are already banned here...so what's the point?
I would of rather of seen titles for people like "king of the trolls" or "most likely to leave the lowest bid"

Naxatilor Feluka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a guy posting on the trade forums that has been scamming people both for in game gold and USD both. He is currently being investigated for cyber crimes. I want to know how we can warn people and remove this player from these forums.