• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trade Order Quests have been redone...

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
@Kyronix

I run the trade runs on Atlantic both Tram and Fel side.. on a variety of characters. This would stop me from doing them on my crafters, for sure and limit the trade runs to my tamer only. It would limit many players. TBH, this wasn't best thought through, as usual.

This isn't the best thing if you want us to PLAY MORE. Its bad enough you encouraged us to come out with our tamers but you won't fix the Navrey issue and rocks killing pet and players because we have Trammie griefers wanting that Tangle for a 4% chance and reporting them is not an option (because its the mechanics of the game)

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just copied one of my peace tamers to Origin to try out the "enhanced" trade orders. This character has real skills of 110 animal lore, 120 animal taming, 108.8 magery, 30.4 meditation, 120 music, 120 peacemaking, and 110.1 vet for a total of 719.3. I had her do a Minoc to Jhelom trade order (using the moongate). Order contents were 10 pieces of leather. Had to really run around in the area of the Minoc moongate for a while to get something to spawn but it finally did. Screen shots are below. I didn't find anything unusual in the loot. The reward was 24k to the Minoc treasury and a 0.9 arms lore SoT.

Here are some screen shots.

capture 1.JPG
capture 2.JPG
capture 3.JPG
capture5.JPG [/end spoiler]

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh I think Kronix sounds quite amusing, but I'm sure he's been called worse! :p

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I just copied one of my peace tamers to Origin to try out the "enhanced" trade orders. This character has real skills of 110 animal lore, 120 animal taming, 108.8 magery, 30.4 meditation, 120 music, 120 peacemaking, and 110.1 vet for a total of 719.3. I had her do a Minoc to Jhelom trade order (using the moongate). Order contents were 10 pieces of leather. Had to really run around in the area of the Minoc moongate for a while to get something to spawn but it finally did. Screen shots are below. I didn't find anything unusual in the loot. The reward was 24k to the Minoc treasury and a 0.9 arms lore SoT.

Here are some screen shots.

View attachment 70350
View attachment 70351
View attachment 70352
View attachment 70353

I did....oh...about 9 trade orders on test....got ambushed probably 3-4 times per trade, 3-4 ambushers per so....(doing math...ew) so probably close to 100 ambushers I killed on Test and only found that one thing....so I think whatever else is supposed to drop, if anything, is going to be very rare.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did another trade order on Test, this time from Jhelom to Moonglow so of course I used the moongate. Had to run around outside Moonglow to get spawns to happen. First one included a bone knight, lich, skeletal knight, and hell hound. @Kyronix There was a cliloc error on this one when I got closer to the deco stuff. See the screen shot below. The second spawn had a giant serpent, imp, and bone knight. When the spawn is all dead, the deco stuff disappears in a big cloud of black smoke.

capture 7.JPG

On the lich corpse from the first spawn, I found an unusual article. (See screen shot below).

capture12.jpg

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity, does anybody actually use the Dragon scales?
I know i've got about 5k of each from doing Trade quests in my time....look pretty but worth it?

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure - make it even harder to be a Governor, on smaller shards, for crafting characters, trade orders for some Governors are the only way of contributing to the city coffers, now what do we do? As has been said for hundreds of times, we ran for office, we won, now we pay too??? oh boy what fun it is being a governor! Oh wait all the spiffs that come with the office ---- hmmm, lemme think, hmmm --- somehow I can't think of any. Oh yeah, we get Governor by our name on Stratics, whoopy do
I was governor of Minoc on a small shard briefly and hated it. I had to singlehandedly make sure there was at least 2 million gold in the coffers every week just to keep a mere 5 SSI increase. This made it worse considering the trade order rewards were for the most part not worth the time involved. I always thought there should be more perks so people will actually want to run for governor instead of have to be appointed. I just wonder why when the devs come up with a good idea they always have to put an even larger negative aspect to everything. Like the pets for instance, the training is a great idea but it is very easy to screw up a pet during training, with no recourse but to tame and bond another pet. It is a waste of time, which a lot of people don't have much of because of real life responsibilities.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know i've got about 5k of each from doing Trade quests in my time....look pretty but worth it?
There good for clean up points that's about it. Dragon Scale Armor provides the worst protection in game.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my melee type characters I pretty much run imbued dragon scale armor, with a jackal or gladiators collar. Nothing special about it, I just like the look :)

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I turn mine in to the Britain Library for totems.

Miss Twilight Eyes

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously? I just started doing trade quests and none of my characters are great fighters. o_O Less and less reason for me to keep paying for five accounts.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Again..it's TEMPORARY......don't like it? don't do that part of the Arc...plain and simple...it will revert back to the old boring way soon enough.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just a reminder - the trade orders scale up in both requirements and rewards, as you do more and more of them.

Ever since I hit 5-liners, I've been getting 100-180 count resource drops, including Valorite ingots and Valorite stone. Originally, I started doing them because my mage is Britain Governor, and wanted to improve my standing with all cities while getting funds for the city. Now, I do them for the rewards more than anything.

Those of you still on 1 or 2 line deliveries might want to spend the time before the event goes active again, trying to advance your proficiency in the orders.

Miss Twilight Eyes

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again..it's TEMPORARY......don't like it? don't do that part of the Arc...plain and simple...it will revert back to the old boring way soon enough.
I didn't see anyone say that it was temporary. Whew. Us disabled people have a hard enough time fighting or doing anything quickly already. So sorry that we can only do "boring" things. *eye roll*