• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trade Order Quests have been redone...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everyone who cares should run a trade order on TC1 and give feedback.

The ambushers, at least on land, have been seriously beefed up. In one encounter, I faced two dragons, two daemons, an imp and a hellhound. These may sound like easy mobs, but consider the ambusher upgrade... A fairly large deco display spawns at the same time they do and lags you for a second, giving them plenty of time to target.

A second encounter saw dragons, a drake, a lich and a zombie. The drakes fire breath did 60hp against an all 70's suit.

You cannot simply run away, ignoring the mobs an deliver your container of crap. You HAVE to fight them, as they steal your trade order when they spawn (It returns to your pack when they're dead).

The end result, as I survived that run, netted 56k for the city and...72 oak boards for me :rolleyes:

Over are the days of middling characters doing these...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh hell that sucks! I used to do these on my fisher and she's not the toughest mage out there... why did they change these? :(
Because they weren't broken. This team loves to fix things that aren't broken. It's evidently easier than fixing real bugs.
And besides, having it where your crafter can outrun them and complete the quest and get those boards and scales is just too overpowered.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stop making sense @Uriah Heep you are beginning to frighten me! :eek:
well really, that was something I could hop on any character and do, on any shard when no one was on the home shard. The only changes needed to the quests was to drop the scales, and plain wood, and iron ore.

They just baffle me sometimes...

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Note to self: Get as many Trade Quests done as possible before the next Publish goes live.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I think it sounds more exciting than just running away from the MOBs.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Overall I like the idea except for shards like Siege, my char there stealth from point a to point b, I hope there is no auto reveal when the ambush pops.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seriously, does not ONE member of the dev team understand that some people who play UO play to relax? Next they'll make lumberjacks spawn necro-treefellows with 60K hp and all 90 resists you know... because, it's fun. I mean, were people really asking for this?

Gosh, I wonder what spawns if you're on the high seas... 3 Osiredons? You know... fun!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Seriously, does not ONE member of the dev team understand that some people who play UO play to relax? Next they'll make lumberjacks spawn necro-treefellows with 60K hp and all 90 resists you know... because, it's fun. I mean, were people really asking for this?

Gosh, I wonder what spawns if you're on the high seas... 3 Osiredons? You know... fun!
I've been playing silly facebook games more and more for this very reason. Sometimes I just like to relax and have some fun. Everything doesn't need have my fingers glued to my macro keys and afraid to look at the tv for a second. If UO was real life I don't think there would be any people left lol

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There is a reason for everything......it makes sense....not sure why the arc is live on TC right now, kinda spoils it when it ACTUALLY goes live.......but there is a reason......

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it sounds more exciting than just running away from the MOBs.
The problem is it is already not worth running from Minoc to Trinsic to only get dragon scales. They make the mobs harder to kill and do not increase the reward? How does that make sense? They might as well forget about people doing trade orders to put gold in the city coffers. I wonder what in the hell these devs are thinking.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I grinded SoTs out of this system like crazy. Back-to-back runs through the moongates. The real rewards were those 1.0 taming SoTs. Too bad it looks like those times will be over soon.

Another reason to login ruined if this gets live. But that won't stop them anyway.

Last edited:

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These changes are temporary, and are specifically related to the arc. Also remember that mob difficulty in trade quests scales to the stats and skills of the player doing them...
Thank you for your reply. I have done many trade orders with 6x legendary characters I have never seen anything tougher than a gargoyle. My problem wouldn't be the mobs though. If a mob was this crazy and the reward was worth it in the end there wouldn't be much problem. Even now walking from Minoc to Trinsic only to get dragon scales or regular boards/ingots or a .1 detect hidden pink is not worth the time involved. The risk/time involved vs. reward factor is really messed up in a lot of areas of UO in my opinion and not just trade orders, can this be fixed?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Make sure you loot the ambusher corpses ;)

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Oooo, interesting hurry up event I can't wait

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Kyronix

feedback on Trade Quest..

When ambushers spawn on a bridge you can not get to the other side to fight them. Tried to teleport across the water to fight but can't do that while on a trade quest.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The ambushers, at least on land, have been seriously beefed up. In one encounter, I faced two dragons, two daemons, an imp and a hellhound. These may sound like easy mobs, but consider the ambusher upgrade... A fairly large deco display spawns at the same time they do and lags you for a second, giving them plenty of time to target.

A second encounter saw dragons, a drake, a lich and a zombie. The drakes fire breath did 60hp against an all 70's suit.

You cannot simply run away, ignoring the mobs an deliver your container of crap. You HAVE to fight them, as they steal your trade order when they spawn (It returns to your pack when they're dead).

The end result, as I survived that run, netted 56k for the city and...72 oak boards for me :rolleyes:

Holy break what didn't need fixing Batman !!! Business as usual for this team.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These changes are temporary, and are specifically related to the arc. Also remember that mob difficulty in trade quests scales to the stats and skills of the player doing them...
Any chance you can make the loot/rewards etc, especially High Seas stuff, scale to the Calendar Year ? You know, it's 2017, can we get some frostwood already ???

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So , what i'm getting from this is that now multiple land based mobs will spawn, with the 60 hp damage breath attacks, and with a forced delay on char, then of course they all hit you with the breath weapons at the same time( if the water based attacks were any indication then this will happen 90% of time). You will then instantly be killed, with no chance to fight at all, and given the number of "prized" items my chara's wear it is 12-20k per death with , and of course no reward. So, now the trader quest's will just be huge worthless grind?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So , what i'm getting from this is that now multiple land based mobs will spawn, with the 60 hp damage breath attacks, and with a forced delay on char, then of course they all hit you with the breath weapons at the same time( if the water based attacks were any indication then this will happen 90% of time). You will then instantly be killed, with no chance to fight at all, and given the number of "prized" items my chara's wear it is 12-20k per death with , and of course no reward. So, now the trader quest's will just be huge worthless grind?
It's all part of the story arc, aren't you excited ? The story arc is all about a huge gold sink that will cost suit wearers millions of gold...and where Tamers lose millions/billions in trained pet power scrolls and legacy pets....oh and previously mentioned chances at castles plots on the shard of your choice and assumed to be in Malas where they would actually be worth something, are now Vesper plots until they run out....and you enter by using a stone that doesn't exist anywhere, with limited information jon how to use it, oh unless you're a member of the Order of the Phoenix or whatever it's called....Happy 20th Anniversary !!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

When ambushers spawn on a bridge you can not get to the other side to fight them. Tried to teleport across the water to fight but can't do that while on a trade quest.

Do they still fill up your boat like before? I use a rowboat when doing those. Was funny when the mobs didnt hurt my fisherman.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Bummer. That will kill the city stone buffs for a lot of cities.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does sound a bit strange so far. Maybe someone should give out more leaked information. More positive information. Might help.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, what's the odds they will screw up the revert? We will see in a couple of months I guess. They have let us down way too often to get excited..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It does sound a bit strange so far. Maybe someone should give out more leaked information. More positive information. Might help.

You positively need to log into LS more. Hows that?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is poorly thought out.
The idea is neat, the implementation, not so much.
If you want to force people to fight, then scale the monsters the heck down. People won't mind killing a bunch of 500~800 HP monsters with average resists to get their trade order back.
Heck, it would even be fun. But then drop 2K+ HP dragons with 60 damage firebreaths and ain't no one going to bother with this.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just did a trade order run on Baja, after it came up from the publish. Didn't notice anything different. Was a first-time ever run for my tamer, from Minoc to Yew. I think there were about 6 ambusher spawns. Killed everything. Reward was 11 turquoise and about 95k to the Minoc city treasury. Checked all corpses and didn't notice anything new or unusual. I'm guessing the change won't happen until the event arc is active.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

This will be resolved before WW. Also be sure to check this page for all Arc related updates and information.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
@BeaIank Love your new avatar picture! :D
Thanks. The cosplay turned out so silly I just couldn't help but make it my avatar on the forums I partake. :D
As for the trade quests, I never got why they weren't crafter centred, but I maintain that if they change spawn to monsters with more reasonable skills, resists and HP, people will have a blast doing them in this arc.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I did my trade quests on my tamer....always had invis ready to cast ;) helps when you have a pet BUT the mobs that spawn are NOT that hard...I do admit I died a few times and lost my trade order but that's the game.

Will try on my sampire but really the mobs aren't that difficult and it's ONLY TEMPORARY!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just ran a few orders on TC1 on a sampire. The dragons appear to have been removed from the spawn table, making the encounters significantly less death inducing.

The drakes still have 60hp breath attacks, but won't slap you down as easily as the dragons did. You do have to worry about liches though, as their pain spikes pack a wallop.

If these ambushers carry anything special, I have yet to see it.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did my trade quests on my tamer....always had invis ready to cast ;) helps when you have a pet BUT the mobs that spawn are NOT that hard...I do admit I died a few times and lost my trade order but that's the game.

Will try on my sampire but really the mobs aren't that difficult and it's ONLY TEMPORARY!
Larisa, were you on Origin or on Test Center?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was on TC, I just got home and am logging into Origin now to do a few more runs.

And the item I found off an ambusher was on test as well, I'll get a picture here in a sec

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

It is not exactly a matter of being tough and whatnot.
It is a matter of being fun to partake on this content.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well..you know I'm the glass is half full lady ;)

I think it's a blast! The first trade quest I did was like WOAH WHAT THE....but killed the things off and went on my way....it's fun!

Here's the item I found

amulet.jpg

Not sure what it does but it's equippable

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well..you know I'm the glass is half full lady ;)

I think it's a blast! The first trade quest I did was like WOAH WHAT THE....but killed the things off and went on my way....it's fun!

Here's the item I found

View attachment 70343

Not sure what it does but it's equippable
Can any crafters enhance it ?

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Ultima Online Dev Teams have historically had extreme difficultly with the concept of "TEMPORARY".
Remember Khaldun dungeon? They "temporarily" took out the Ancient Liches and put in the Shadow Fiend the Unseen for the War of The Shadows. It is not the same as the original Shadow Fiend.
That was 2008...and it's still there. Then there was the addition of Purifying Blood Elementals "temporarily" to Blood Dungeon for the Awakening.. That was 2012 and guess what???
That's right. . .Its still there! I'm sure older Vets than moi can cite some more examples. Still I don't think any UO Dev Team understands the concept of "temporary".
I'll wait and see. Kyronix you could actually surprise me and give me a heart attack!

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure - make it even harder to be a Governor, on smaller shards, for crafting characters, trade orders for some Governors are the only way of contributing to the city coffers, now what do we do? As has been said for hundreds of times, we ran for office, we won, now we pay too??? oh boy what fun it is being a governor! Oh wait all the spiffs that come with the office ---- hmmm, lemme think, hmmm --- somehow I can't think of any. Oh yeah, we get Governor by our name on Stratics, whoopy do