• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tracking] Tracking on Siege Perilous

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
is tracking working as intended on Siege Perilous?

I have gm tracking and I can rarely track anyone. I know elves and stealthers are harder to track. However I can track my guildmate who is a human and has 120 stealth but I couldn't track my other guildmate who only has 80 stealth and is human! I tried about 30 times before I gave up.

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
is tracking working as intended on Siege Perilous?

I have gm tracking and I can rarely track anyone. I know elves and stealthers are harder to track. However I can track my guildmate who is a human and has 120 stealth but I couldn't track my other guildmate who only has 80 stealth and is human! I tried about 30 times before I gave up.
Ever found a resolution to this?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
nope, tracking is broken and whether you actually track someone is pretty random

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always preferred to keep detect hidden on my template over tracking. It used to be fun to run both, but there are just so few people around to keep 100 points tied up in a rarely working skill...la

Rat

Visitor
Tracking is still pretty random. But no more than detect hidden, at GM level it takes up to 3 tries on the very spot a char is hidden to reveal.
And what about lockpicking; where else at 100 skill can you fail 10+ times in a row (on a single town chest), and even break GM made tools in the process, not that the system cares about GM picks anyway.

GM picker.jpg

Maybe the "lock quickly yields to your skill" message deserves an edit after all...

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
...And what about lockpicking; where else at 100 skill can you fail 10+ times in a row (on a single town chest), ...
Not on Siege, but I just had that happen while messing around with stealing. The chest relocked between the time I opened it and when I tried to steal something out of it. The attempt failed and I was unable to pick it again. I went to the next chest before hitting 10 retries.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'll share my Siege tracking hack:

I never use tracking. I use detect hidden instead. The trick is not to GM detect. Keep it at 99.5 or so. If you think someone might be around use detect hidden. If you gain .1 skill, there is someone around, if not there is not. This works 100% of the time. Granted you don't get the silly tracking arrow to tell you where they are, you can still verify that someone is around 100% of the time. When detect gets to GM, you just bring it down by .5 or so.

Either way, both tracking and detect are totally gimped and not worth using. Detect has it's moments, but there are so many other cool things...