• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Townhall sink or swin?

• Thread starter kennykilleduo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Townhall news?

• Good : Lots of new info.

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Bad : Same old canned reponses.

Votes: 35 68.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
K

kennykilleduo

Based on the interview over at UOForus:

7) What are the future plans for UO?
8) How about Marketing?
9) UO 20th anniversary?
9a) What do you see for the future of UO, another 10 years?
10) Any thoughts, or plans for a free to play shard/system?
11) Why do you keep everything so secret in UO? It not like UO is cutting edge anymore. I am not asking for promises, how about guidelines where you see UO going?
The future of UO (with a resounding echo to follow …) :

Yes we have an active marketing staff. And despite what people think about marketing, our guys are pretty cool. We’re actually getting a bit more attention than we let on, but in the near future … I would say before Labor Day, you will find out what our marketing team has been up to.
http://www.uoforums.com/f1222/uoforums-interviews-calvin-crowner-ultima-online-development-manager-46782/#post385753

Think we will find out anything good or the same canned responses?

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same ole, same ole.

They so far haven't been very forthcoming with much useful or promising information at the Town Halls.
Folks are tired of being tossed scraps with a bone now and then. Whatever they do or say better have some meat or these meetings are just a waste of players time and money.

L

love2winalot

:danceb::danceb:Remember, building up to the town hall in SD, they said, "If you only make 1 town hall meeting this year, make this one". To bad i missed it. hehehe

C

canary

Seriously it just feels like 'does it even matter anymore?'.

K

kennykilleduo

I must say i'm impressed , but cautious ( isn't that time for another cancel , looks to the past)..

Can't wait to see what plan are to bring new players..

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think it gave a lot of good info, but at the same time raised a whole lot more questions in the process.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they gave information. nothing spectacular though.

to be honest, i think the biggest deal lately was the FoF question where she said there would be more red healers in Felucca.

also she didn't really discourage people from using the OCR script to sort bods.

D

Der Rock

i am NOT impressed,far from it

1. SA news wasn´t realy news
2. it was not THE townhallmeeting we should not have to miss
3.NO list of the pub 55/56 was given out (think most player wanted this to know, contrawise the SA 2h info )

4. the information about the new crafter skill was hm, paralyzing me in game for now

a week before townhall, i started to do some of my 3000+- bods , burned 3 aga hammer ,
4 gold hammer and 4 barbed runics, and many valorite ingots to make armor pieces.
so, all was burned for nothing? now i ( if not many, or all crafter) will hold back the resources to wait for the new crafter skill.
now i feel demotiveated to vaste more resources

5.I could hear LIVE, the (my personal impression for sure) unprofessionality of the presentation at all.

6.some ask question was (again here:my personal impression) was more like newbe question
and not veteran player question.
some of the spare meeting time was spent for questions hm, realy newbe questions.

so, all in all, i am not impressed

(i forgot: now crafter are waiting for the new crafter skill, collecting and storing runics now, i hope WE are not fishy if we have 20 runics in a chest, because jeremy said, if someone have 20 runics, he do something wrong)
:)