• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Town crier quests?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These?
upload_2019-1-31_22-12-46.png

Use the one in the city you are a citizen of.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What kind of information are you looking for?

Most of them are detailed on the town cryer....when you click on the NPC the newspaper opens...click on the eye icon next to the quest...
CryerQuest.jpg

That opens a new page that details a little more about it....
CryerQuest2.jpg

Clicking on QUEST....will open the quest dialogue which tells you even more! :)
CryerQuest3.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I think there is too much info on them!

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was hoping for walkthroughs of all the quests.

I started the one in Minoc, although I am a citizen of Yew.
The first part of the chain was to kill a bunch of monsters in Covetous L1 -- easy for the wimpiest sampire ever, not easy for a tinker. You know Minoc is supposed to be the town of tinkers, right?

For the second part, I am supposed to go to the void pool and defend it. I don't know how long I am supposed to hang out there, nor what my quest objectives are. Will defending it for nine levels be enough (and again not a task for a tinker)?

... and I have no idea what the next step(s) are.

Egad, it's almost like... I don't know, this is AN ADVENTURE in AN ADVENTURE GAME. I'm just not used to that any more, because almost everything about the game is GRIND IT FOR HOURS AND DAYS CHUMP.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe the next step is to go down and defeat Cora... good luck with that on a Tinkerer... Pretty sure you won't be doing that... though I will suggest party up with a bunch of actual fighters hit her one time and go hide in a corner... till she is dead. That should get you credit.

Oh and FYI you don't have to actually complete any waves at all... just go do it... or at least try.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is the best skill set for attempting to kill Cora?
I think a sampire-swordsman did it on Baja, not sure if he was solo.
(How do you even get through the masses in Covetous to get to Cora!?)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What is the best skill set for attempting to kill Cora?
I think a sampire-swordsman did it on Baja, not sure if he was solo.
(How do you even get through the masses in Covetous to get to Cora!?)
Run like hell or take a stealth mage mark a rune over near where you go down so you can just drop in and go... that's what I normally do... though watch out as some things like liches open doors.

Sampire can do Cora... 2 are better... and if you can get a mage to come in and toss some heals once in awhile that's great.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Cora is nerfed so much so its close that you can do it with a tinker, it will just take a lot of time.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It is likely that you can do Cora with two Cus, but the two tamers will have to stay out of her line of sight or they will die the moment she throws her nasty fireballs.
I prefer to sit two bards out of her line of sight running provo and peace masteries then lock her into the corner with my macer, go fix myself a drink, read some and look at the screen every 5 or so minutes till she is dead.