• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Catskills] [Tower of Kanos] Game-wide (6) Part Quest Event

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Governors,

((4/22/23 Saturday at noon EST)) the first quest event of a (6) part series that will take place over the next year and a half
will go live from a steward NPC named {Archmage Kanos}, located at the following address.

Server: Catskills
Shard: Felucca
City: New Magincia
Availability: Open to the entire UO community
Duration: 1 week long

When Live, Kanos will be at this location in his black robe and silver skull gnarled staff. saying "GREETINGS" will put the quest book into your backpack
KanosEvent.PNG
Next to Kanos is a black pillar that will have a book detailing all the members of the Atlantean Inner Circle and their ranks.
In the middle of the room on the pillow is the item that each event revolves around.
This quest series, invites players to join the Atlantean inner circle and rank up as they continue to do future quest events.

The Tower of Kanos

KanosEvent3.PNG
Kanos, the Archmage for Atlantis, in service to the very last emperor of Atlantis before the Kingdom fell
has become a Wizard of Time and he has managed to bind the house to him. So, as he moves forward in time, so does his tower, but
only forward can he go.
Kanos is from an era of more than a thousand years ago and he has trained some of the most notorious mages of Sosaria.
Kanos is searching for someone specifically and that person will be discovered in the 5th installment called (The Tower of Kanos)

Tower of Kanos and its location on the felucca moon in New Magincia Catskills server
KanosEvent2.png
Catskills was selected to be a neutral Roleplay area where all servers could find and participate with the quest line.

The quest event portions are based on a mythology that is being crafted around Ocean Sapphires, that will play a significant role in the book series Sandals of Time.
Each event will designate a small and seemingly insignificant item found in the game and create a story based on actual world history/mythology/game lore.

These events will take place after one of the special inserts into Sandals of Time has been released to the public. 6 chapters out of the 6 series-book project are being designated for this mini story expansion.
They are the following chapters and will have significant increasing detail and development added to to them.

-The Rabbit & The Hound
-Nightmares: A Love Story
-Precession of Admiralty
-Sword & The Stone: The First Paladin
-Tower of Kanos
-The Four Helmsmen

Special insert series 1 of 6 of the book series Sandals of Time is being released and attached to this post called: The Rabbit & The Hound

This particular book is written by the character Saint Valentine and takes place during the events of series 2: Star of Zara.
That being said, this story is part of the series 3 special edition that will be out in a month or so, called: The Golden Trio
I am redoing series 3 to be more in line with some changed story arc and editing the that portion to be a more substantial contribution to the book series.

The 6 total events will give players a chance to join the secreted order and each successive quest, ranks them to the next level.

Those ranks are the following:

-Magus
-Master Arcanist
-Archamge
-Master of Sorcery
-Wizard of Time

If a player completes 5 out of 6 event quests, they will become the highest rank and will have a likeness of their character included in the second book series/project planed called Wizards of Time.
Each turn in will yield a special reward and along the way in addition. I am planning to eventually make available Hathor's Signet of Power, made mention in the second series called: [The Logic Matrix]
Used not only as an in game prop, but also written to be authentic in conceptual form.

Each quest offered will increase in difficulty and will require players to follow in the footsteps of some of the most famous members of this order.
The last event will be extremely difficult, but this progressive chain will be open to anyone, anywhere in the game and will be open for a week.
Because not everyone has a fully functional combatant on Catskills, I have created a character on that server to lend assistance called, PAWS Soulforge, named after the house on the pacific server
and my production studio for in game movies and content. Other people will be able to lend an assistance with those who lack the skill too. I am sure anyone who wants to do the quest, will find those willing to help.

The quest hub is located in the Gentle Rest Inn township of New Magincia (felucca)...Use the above picture to find the location in the city. Kanos will be on the first floor of the tower with the light house on the roof.

Also, In game copies of the book of The Rabbit & The Hound will be available at this questing hub on its own vendor and also at The PAWS Soulforge on the Pacific Server.

Finally, this quest line about Kanos, his tower and some future threat, is going to be the basis for how Sandals of Time eventually finishes and a new project arises. Those Wizards of time will be called into service to protect everything...
not just the realm they are familiar with.

Please enjoy the story!
And the Questing event this year

Best regards and fare thee well,

-Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge

Attachments

Whoyamama

Visitor
Governors,

((4/22/23 Saturday at noon EST)) the first quest event of a (6) part series that will take place over the next year and a half
will go live from a steward NPC named {Archmage Kanos}, located at the following address.

Server: Catskills
Shard: Felucca
City: New Magincia
Availability: Open to the entire UO community
Duration: 1 week long

When Live, Kanos will be at this location in his black robe and silver skull gnarled staff. saying "GREETINGS" will put the quest book into your backpack
View attachment 142866
Next to Kanos is a black pillar that will have a book detailing all the members of the Atlantean Inner Circle and their ranks.
In the middle of the room on the pillow is the item that each event revolves around.
This quest series, invites players to join the Atlantean inner circle and rank up as they continue to do future quest events.

The Tower of Kanos

View attachment 142867
Kanos, the Archmage for Atlantis, in service to the very last emperor of Atlantis before the Kingdom fell
has become a Wizard of Time and he has managed to bind the house to him. So, as he moves forward in time, so does his tower, but
only forward can he go.
Kanos is from an era of more than a thousand years ago and he has trained some of the most notorious mages of Sosaria.
Kanos is searching for someone specifically and that person will be discovered in the 5th installment called (The Tower of Kanos)

Tower of Kanos and its location on the felucca moon in New Magincia Catskills server
View attachment 142868
Catskills was selected to be a neutral Roleplay area where all servers could find and participate with the quest line.

The quest event portions are based on a mythology that is being crafted around Ocean Sapphires, that will play a significant role in the book series Sandals of Time.
Each event will designate a small and seemingly insignificant item found in the game and create a story based on actual world history/mythology/game lore.

These events will take place after one of the special inserts into Sandals of Time has been released to the public. 6 chapters out of the 6 series-book project are being designated for this mini story expansion.
They are the following chapters and will have significant increasing detail and development added to to them.

-The Rabbit & The Hound
-Nightmares: A Love Story
-Precession of Admiralty
-Sword & The Stone: The First Paladin
-Tower of Kanos
-The Four Helmsmen

Special insert series 1 of 6 of the book series Sandals of Time is being released and attached to this post called: The Rabbit & The Hound

This particular book is written by the character Saint Valentine and takes place during the events of series 2: Star of Zara.
That being said, this story is part of the series 3 special edition that will be out in a month or so, called: The Golden Trio
I am redoing series 3 to be more in line with some changed story arc and editing the that portion to be a more substantial contribution to the book series.

The 6 total events will give players a chance to join the secreted order and each successive quest, ranks them to the next level.

Those ranks are the following:

-Magus
-Master Arcanist
-Archamge
-Master of Sorcery
-Wizard of Time

If a player completes 5 out of 6 event quests, they will become the highest rank and will have a likeness of their character included in the second book series/project planed called Wizards of Time.
Each turn in will yield a special reward and along the way in addition. I am planning to eventually make available Hathor's Signet of Power, made mention in the second series called: [The Logic Matrix]
Used not only as an in game prop, but also written to be authentic in conceptual form.

Each quest offered will increase in difficulty and will require players to follow in the footsteps of some of the most famous members of this order.
The last event will be extremely difficult, but this progressive chain will be open to anyone, anywhere in the game and will be open for a week.
Because not everyone has a fully functional combatant on Catskills, I have created a character on that server to lend assistance called, PAWS Soulforge, named after the house on the pacific server
and my production studio for in game movies and content. Other people will be able to lend an assistance with those who lack the skill too. I am sure anyone who wants to do the quest, will find those willing to help.

The quest hub is located in the Gentle Rest Inn township of New Magincia (felucca)...Use the above picture to find the location in the city. Kanos will be on the first floor of the tower with the light house on the roof.

Also, In game copies of the book of The Rabbit & The Hound will be available at this questing hub on its own vendor and also at The PAWS Soulforge on the Pacific Server.

Finally, this quest line about Kanos, his tower and some future threat, is going to be the basis for how Sandals of Time eventually finishes and a new project arises. Those Wizards of time will be called into service to protect everything...
not just the realm they are familiar with.

Please enjoy the story!
And the Questing event this year

-Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge

Whoyamama

Visitor
I have gathered what the book said to get . But no where can i find what to do with the items and the talisman is time sensitive? Where do you turn in?

Whoyamama

Visitor
I did what it says. I have the items from the book dropped in pack. The tali from Veta it time sensitive. Now the info you have up there does NOT say where to turn in the executioner cap and tali. Yes i Bought the book set from vendor. SO I ask again where do I turn in the Tali and the executioner's cap for reward?

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Hi Whoyamama,

There is a mail box at the Tower of Kanos. Also if the item is deleted after a while that is fine you'll still get credit for it.
My discord is Valkari#4059

If there are any questions just message me there if you have it or send me a DM here on Stratics. If anyone needs help farming the items, let me know.

P.S. you can get the executioner's cap at the new event spawn

The rewards are listed in the back of the quest book.

I'll be farming every winner a Thorvald's Medallion, you get an initiation robe, which is just a monk robe and your name added to the Lexicon of Ranking in the middle of the tower.
If you finish 5 of the 6 events over the next year, then your character will be the highest rank and included in the next book project.

Some screenshots that I hope helps
KanosEvent40.png

Rewards1.PNG
Reward2.PNG
Hope this helps

/cheers

-Palm

Last edited:

Whoyamama

Visitor
yes yes. I read the book but did not see that. But it was wee hours in the morning. Thank you very much for the info and the time u took to answer my quarry ! Safe journeys ...

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Governors,

The first Kanos Event was a big success, thank you for all those who participated.
The Next event 2 of 6, will likely include both the Pacific Server and Catskills.

-Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge