• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ToT Drop Rate

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its really really low for the artifacts while the rewards are incredibly useless. Two hours of killing things for three drops. Rune beetles, champ spawn, lady of the snow, fan dancers you name it.

I don't want to spend 8 hours to get a swords of prosperity. These things should drop way more frequently.

Thats all.

This event is a bust. I'm better off doing anything else.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What’s drop rate of the dyes

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In past ToT, I saw people with near-identical templates fighting the same things, have vastly different results while fighting side by side.

one would come back with 4x the ToT of the other... sometimes for days at a time.

Then, something changed, and the one that was getting them by the bucketload was screaming that the drop rate had been nerfed, while the other person was now getting them in greater numbers.

It's UO's broken RNG.... Period.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can anyone else confirm a mempo drop? I have gotten a ton of drops, but no mempos. Also getting blackrock as a drop.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no sir, just having incredibly bad luck with the RNG and looking for reassurance :)

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you ever think maybe you aren t that good at killing fast
Thats not the issue. Fully stacked sampire that drops rune beetles in 2-3 hits. 30 min of nonstop killing without a drop. Riddle me that.

Edit: Timed. 30 minutes. 120 Rune Beetle kills with any number of mages in between. 4 drops. Thats better but still over 120 beetles you think it would be a bit higher drop rate. Seems like 1/30.

I would like to see all systems work like Doom. Drops random but you build up points so eventually you get a guaranteed drop. Creates a floor to the drop rate vs fight for an hour and get nothing if you are unlucky.

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
isn't the drop rate influenced by luck?
so as a warrior you need to be using perfection to get the bonus luck.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think luck actually matters. I dont use any luck and get drops frequently. Yet with a mage and full luck suit I hardly get drops

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
doom was Modelled on ToT drop system, so it IS the same as doom
Interesting because it doesn't feel that way. I would expect more regular drop rate if that were the case scaled by monster difficulty. I actually seem to be as likely to get a drop from a headless or horde minion as I do higher level mobs.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The last time ToT was on my husband and I just killed the smaller easier mobs and we got plenty of drops, the same with the old dungeon event that dropped items, can't remember what they called that, it was a long time ago. No doubt someone will know...

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I recall correctly it is quantity over quality. Meaning the more critters you kill the better chance you have. That's why they had to make the cranes not drop them.... damn now I'm almost interested in resubbing.... almost.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting because it doesn't feel that way. I would expect more regular drop rate if that were the case scaled by monster difficulty. I actually seem to be as likely to get a drop from a headless or horde minion as I do higher level mobs.
Yes many many low end mobs over a few high end, its not fame it quantity. Go try the sleeping dragon champ, on Atl it take about 7/10 mins to kill in a group and you should get between 2/6 drops per champ

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
I played for about 90 mins in Fan Dancer Dojo. I got 6 drops. I have my max luck suit on. I started earlier with a lower luck suit and didn't get anything after about 35 mins. I'm not sure if the luck influenced it or if it was just random.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
luck and fame always increases drop rates of everything.

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
lol i prefer waiting to the end of this event to buy my mempo 20 mil than farming this boring stuff.. i let the afk scriptor fandancer dungeon do the job

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
luck and fame always increases drop rates of everything.
Trueish (is that a word?). Since this is a system that increases your chances with every kill then time vs fame becomes a factor. For example if I go kill Yomanodons and I can kill one in two minutes and it gives me 50 points towards a guaranteed drop that's good. Now if I can kill an oni in one minute and it gives me 30 points towards a guaranteed drop then that would actually be the better option. Please note all these numbers are fictional. Just using them as a crude example.

Caerbannoc

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dropps are continuing today at the same rate.....no standing in one place, running around doing spawn in a large area with different types and levels of spawn to kill...high luck suit as well.

Seems to work for me

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I had 2 chars in the bottom of the mines. Each room (one tamer per room) had 2-3 mobs. I hid with dog on guard and let them go. Switching back and forth between screens, the char with 2k luck ended with 6 marties while the no luck char had 3. This is in a lil more than an hour.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is exactly the response I saw coming and @Dot_Warner called. No pleasing some people.

They could give away million gold checks and people would complain *Ughh only 1 per acct?? That's lame*

Funniest part was they wanted swords of prosperity; those are like 200K... stop complaining and go buy them

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had 2 chars in the bottom of the mines. Each room (one tamer per room) had 2-3 mobs. I hid with dog on guard and let them go. Switching back and forth between screens, the char with 2k luck ended with 6 marties while the no luck char had 3. This is in a lil more than an hour.
You actually get less credit when hidden/invisible during a kill. You could've gotten more drops if you were visible.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You actually get less credit when hidden/invisible during a kill. You could've gotten more drops if you were visible.
a LOT of people forget about this little known fact.
i always laugh when i see twink tamers sitting hidden and thinking they are farming.

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i always laugh when i see twink tamers sitting hidden and thinking they are farming.
:gee: 9 in a lil more than an hour. I`d say that qualifies as farming tyvm. :slap:

Thanks PlayerSkillFTW for the less credit when invised knowledge. I had no idea. Never participated in the last tot so this is all new to me. Only been back a few months, so its all still fairly new yet.

I`ll just stand there visible and guarded and watch my pet do all the work. More credit, same amount of work! :stir:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sleeping dragon spawn is the best place to farm these, especially the lower level critters you can kill fast. I used to do it with a mage/bard and rack em up. can't imagine it would have changed that much if all they did was turn it back on. good strategy would be drop two EV's and then sit there and provo things on each other, oh and EQ to aggro mass amounts of critters at once. run around in a big circle to "corral" them in a group so your ev's can chew em up. would work with a myst/mage/bard as well i suppose.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sleeping dragon spawn is the best place to farm these, especially the lower level critters you can kill fast. I used to do it with a mage/bard and rack em up. can't imagine it would have changed that much if all they did was turn it back on. good strategy would be drop two EV's and then sit there and provo things on each other, oh and EQ to aggro mass amounts of critters at once. run around in a big circle to "corral" them in a group so your ev's can chew em up. would work with a myst/mage/bard as well i suppose.
High SDI necro weaver with a level 6 focus casting Essence of Wind in wraith form with 4/6 casting completely smashes level 1 and 2 of the spawn.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Got about 50 marties so far over the two days. No sign of the Luck Mempo, but I know it is out there. Has anyone gotten the Flutes of Renewal? I haven't received one of those either, but everything else seems to be dropping just as ToT3 in 2009.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its really really low for the artifacts while the rewards are incredibly useless. Two hours of killing things for three drops. Rune beetles, champ spawn, lady of the snow, fan dancers you name it.

I don't want to spend 8 hours to get a swords of prosperity. These things should drop way more frequently.

Thats all.

I agree with you, I was actually after Flute of Renewal, (all six slayer) in three days of spawn I only got one. :wall:

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can confirm Mempos DO drop. got one off a lesser hiryu today

And flutes drop too

Last edited: