• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Topic Closed

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Your Stam should come first, with Strength not far behind in second. Whatever is remaining should be plugged into Intel and Mana.

I put a heavier weight on Mana regen and what you're doing to get back mana (i.e., Mana Leach on weapon, Spirit Speak to boost Wraith form if it's in your template). If you're having mana issues, you should also consider running Bone/Studded suit to get to the 55 LMC cap. And depending on your template, unless you're struggling, don't be shy about sticking a few leftover skill points into Focus if you have them available.

Also don't forget about the Mana Cost Reduction for Special Moves - which is described in more detail here:

Good luck.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your Stam should come first, with Strength not far behind in second. Whatever is remaining should be plugged into Intel and Mana.

I put a heavier weight on Mana regen and what you're doing to get back mana (i.e., Mana Leach on weapon, Spirit Speak to boost Wraith form if it's in your template). If you're having mana issues, you should also consider running Bone/Studded suit to get to the 55 LMC cap. And depending on your template, unless you're struggling, don't be shy about sticking a few leftover skill points into Focus if you have them available.

Also don't forget about the Mana Cost Reduction for Special Moves - which is described in more detail here:

Good luck.
I thank you for your input, but build guidance is not what I am asking for. I am familiar with all this. What I am asking is post-build feedback. When you all are done with your archer build 1) What type of archer (ABC, Wraith, etc), 2) how much mana did you end up with 3) are you satisfied with your mana?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thank you for your input, but build guidance is not what I am asking for. I am familiar with all this. What I am asking is post-build feedback. When you all are done with your archer build 1) What type of archer (ABC, Wraith, etc), 2) how much mana did you end up with 3) are you satisfied with your mana?
Max Mana doesn't really matter that much for any build (except PvP). In PvM, what matters is how fast you can regain that Mana back, whether through Mana Leech or MR. Faster swing speed increases how quickly you can regain Mana through Mana Leech.
Plus, in some cases where the boss has the Mana Burn ability (such as Zipactriotl), having a high Max Mana is actually bad. Mana Burn will deal 1 point of damage per point of Mana you currently have. Have 135 Mana currently and get hit with Mana Burn? Take 135 damage. I've seen pets with 1,000+ Max Mana get insta killed by Mana Burn before. I've seen a few EMs utilize boss mobs with Mana Burn ability before.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My Wraith Archer build:
120 Archery (20 from items)
120 Tactics
120 Spirit Speak (20 from items)
100 Anatomy
100 Chivalry
100 Resist Spells
100 Focus

When I need to get into Wraith form, I use Suit Switch Macro to hold a Necro Book and Jewels that have +Necro skill on them. I cast Wraith form, then switch to 215 Stam suit. I am a human, so the passive +20 necro skill from Jack of All Trades is sufficient to maintain wraith form without issue.

In my main suit, I have 121 HP, 105 Mana, 215 Stam. Bow has +37 Mana Leach. Suit has 16 Mana Regen. All bone and studded so I have 55 LMC. In short, this build is around maximizing my mana usage. I can generally chain AI non-stop. If mana gets low, I just stop hitting AI for about 5 to 8 seconds, and if I am swinging at 1.25 and getting the hits, it refills my bar pretty quickly. If anything, I am probably overkill right now on the mana regen and should lower intel a bit in favor of some more Strength.

The weakness of this build is slow movement in Wraith form. You're best results will be finding a stationary position, hitting EOO and CW, and just spamming that AI again and again.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is my everything. I used to play ABC archer but was tried of getting para all the time. So I switch bushido with resist and I absolutely love this template. I can go against anything. I destroyed Deceit during the event. I do miss honoring and the critical hit on monsters but my survivability went through the roof. I used balance bow and chug pots and I always keep my buffs up. I hope this helps. let me know if you have any question. I did try the studded suit but I did not like it, no mana regen. and people will say MR is not important just have a mana leech. But I will tell you to you max MR as much as you can.

Attachments

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is my everything. I used to play ABC archer but was tried of getting para all the time. So I switch bushido with resist and I absolutely love this template. I can go against anything. I destroyed Deceit during the event. I do miss honoring and the critical hit on monsters but my survivability went through the roof. I used balance bow and chug pots and I always keep my buffs up. I hope this helps. let me know if you have any question. I did try the studded suit but I did not like it, no mana regen. and people will say MR is not important just have a mana leech. But I will tell you to you max MR as much as you can.
Your build receives absolutely zero benefit from running meddable Leather over Studded Leather/Bone. Not only do you miss out on +3% LMC Cap per piece of Studded/Bone, but you're also missing out on the Stamina protection.
ABC Archers can have Resist and Bushido. My ABC Archer has 120 Archery/GM Tact/GM Anat/GM Healing/GM Chiv/GM Bush/GM Resist. 7x template. Lightning Strike is pretty much useless nowadays since they doubled it's base Mana cost from 5 to 10, and how easy it is to reach 45% HCI cap nowadays. Even with 120 Bushido, it only has a 20% Critical Chance, so on average you'd have to spend 50 (pre-LMC) Mana to get 1 Critical, where you could spend 25 Mana (pre-LMC) for 1 AI. After 55% LMC, it's 25 Mana for a Critical on average, and 12 Mana for a AI, 24 Mana for chained AIs. The base Mana cost increase for Lightning Strike basically destroyed it's usefulness.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you need Stam protection for. Just chop a refresh pot and I am back at full Stam. Trust me I ran with studded and no mana reg was horrible. I will run my template as I see fit and you can run your the same. I can cast when I want because my mr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What do you need Stam protection for. Just chop a refresh pot and I am back at full Stam. Trust me I ran with studded and no mana reg was horrible. I will run my template as I see fit and you can run your the same. I can cast when I want because my mr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With that meddable Leather Armor and 12 MR on suit, you regen 1.2633 Mana per second. With non-meddable (like Studded/Bone) and 12 MR on suit, you'd regen 1.0058 Mana per second. It'd take you 5 secs to regen 1 more Mana than non-meddable, where the non-meddable would save you even more Mana than that in a single cast/special. With 40% LMC, an AI costs you 18 Mana, 36 if you chain it. With 55% LMC, an AI costs you 14 Mana, 28 if you chain it. 15% more LMC > meddable 20 Human JoAT Med.

Last edited: